Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Penny, it is so good to hear from you. I think you are so smart to build the frame to do all the painting on. That kind of bending would kill my back.

Joyce, I have to say I feel sorry for Melody if she isn’t enjoying her new house mate. It sounds like Mozart will be a big boy.

Rye, sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it heals quickly.

Terry, I’m glad you made it safely. I understand about the hesitation on parasailing but I hope you get over it and go for it if that is something fun for you. Nice looking room. :p

Allie, it sounds like you are getting excited about the move and we are all excited with you. It sounds great!!

Gosh, I had wanted to catch up but I’m about to fall asleep at the keyboard. That will be a project for tomorrow.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did 1/2hr yoga. I honestly thought that DVD was longer, but it might very well have worked out for the best since I need to leave for the church to lector. Why she put me on for a Sunday I have no idea. I usually do Saturdays. But oh well.... The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the Beach Body sampler DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

A friend came here and we dug up 4 bushes, put in 5. I had no idea it would be so much work! I am totally exhausted. Started the day by using the weedwacker.

Rye - Your mother was one very wise woman. I think I'm going to wear just a pantsuit. After all, it's just at a steakhouse. Honestly, I thought for sure Maria would have worn at least a dress to the shower, but she didn't. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she just wore a pantsuit. But I think it'll only be nice to let Denise know that I asked her. I LOVE TSO. I can't even count how many times I've seen them live. Lovely pic

Lenora - the condo assoc has a rule that if we rent the condo, the minimum we can rent for is 30 days. In a way, I can understand. The other owners of the condo don't want someone coming in, partying for a week, and then leaving the place trashed. We do let friends of ours stay at the condo. It's right across the river from the space center. Did we ever have a first rate view of the last shuttle! Be in the condo then go into the backyard when there are 30 seconds to go. Afterwards, while there was bumper-to-bumper traffic on Rt. 1, I was laying by the pool! Oh, yes, this marriage is going to be between Denise, Pete and his mother. Denise doesn't see it (more to the point, doesn't WANT to see it). She'll just let Pete's mother do whatever she wants because Denise doesn't want any drama. Like she isn't marrying into a drama family! Terrible as this may sound, I wish in a way Pete would get transferred. Then they'd have to have their own lives.

As far as I know, there still isn't power at the condo

Marcelyn - how nice that you were training with your son!

Had to lector at the church this morning. Usually, I do it on Saturdays but for some reason she put me on the schedule for Sunday. No big deal. What a timely reading! It was about forgiveness.

Heather - I'm so sorry about your friend.

Joyce - calling the place to find out what type of clothing is appropriate, the reason I wouldn't want to is because they will probably tell you what they want it to be, not what it really is.

Now to go watch a bit of TV and probably fall asleep

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Surprise, surprise, surprise ... don't have anything to talk about.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *16,000 steps
    *168 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *106 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *two hour nap
    *long overdue haircut

:) We have much cooler weather and drizzle. It will be like this for several days. I love fall weather and much prefer my warmer clothes so I am excited.

<3 Barbie
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    oyj7le18iuw9.jpg
    Elk playing!
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    k353vsjp9027.jpg
    My favorite bread. Kirkland's Multi Grain loaf, Costco has them! I got a pair, so one is in the freezer!
    Becca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    What a weekend. Just sick. I am hoping I can make it to work tomorrow. I've survived on mucinex and migraine medicine. Lots of sleep. Not much eating and no exercise. I hate this.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Felicia ... hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Felicia sorry you are so miserable. Hope it clears up and goes away quickly. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    It was 19.5 C when I got out of class at lunch ... a heatwave! Warmest we've been in months.
    Unfortunately the 87 km/h winds gives it a "feels like " temp of about 8 C.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Oh, what happened to my post. I reached over to get something and when I looked back it was gone. Oh well. Have a good night everyone.

Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Terry - We all have pity parties now and then. I am glad that you chose your attitude and it sounds like joy.

Rye - Putting that gift suggestion on the list for Greysyn. Thanks.

Marcelyn - How long will your marathon be?

Yvonne - "I was Country when Country wasn't cool" I really do like most music. For country a few of my favourites are Reba, Shania, Paul Brandt to name a few.

Felicia - Feel better soon.

Day started off pretty good. Two of the grandkids came over to help me get some things accomplished and to earn some money. It was fun working with them. We did have dance breaks. They have better moves than their Grandma. Lol.

Talked to our son in Richmond. Today is the day they were telling their sons that they were splitting. I am glad that they went to a mediator and have worked some things out. The mediator gave them some tools to use when talking to the boys. My heart hurts for all of them. I will talk to Holly tomorrow. Trying my best to stay neutral and let them all know how much I love them.

Larry went off again today. So about a week. I told him I can't keep doing this. I also asked him to cancel the invitation he had made for friends to come for supper. He didn't of course. Really hard to carry on as if nothing is wrong. He was so sweet in front of them. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. We'll see what this week brings.

Going to a funeral tomorrow. Just found out from my brother today. The mother of one of my good friends from high school. He will be travelling down from the NWT. She became a very good friend of my parents. Mike's Dad suffered from some mental/drinking problems. I remember being there when he decided to throw a butcher knife at one of the boys. She never divorced him, had 8 kids with him, paid for his funeral even though she hadn't lived with him in over 20 years. Rose went back to the old country once and was ostracized for kicking him out of the house. They farmed down the road from us.

Greysyn went out for a driving lesson from his Grandpa. They went out for about 2 hrs and you could not wipe the grin off that kid's face when they got back.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, happy Monday everyone. Will be a short work week for me and I am going to schedule an appointment to see if I can get some PT for my aching wrists! Right wrist is really in pain, can't twist or turn without twinges that say call the doctor or else!

Made my red lentil soup in the IP yesterday, so delicious, I think i could eat that soup every day, well I made enough to do that this week.

Better get moving, have a good one ladies. NYKAREN
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Happy week!
    Up doing the morning pills and dog letting out. Will need to bath the big one-WHY DO DOGS ROLL IN STINK? Ain't nobody gonna be happy about this.
    Lots of left-overs and left-behinds in frig so they are on the menu today-chili, tuna salad, bit of steak. My big thought is to walk on treadmill for 10 minutes when we take school breaks thru the day. Either the neighbor has a visitor or the owl is still awake outside.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Mid-September ...
    In August, I ended up within the range I wanted to end up ... between my 2015 August and my 2016 August. I would have liked to get closer to my 2016 August, but a cold/flu/sinus infection kind of took me out of the game.

I see September has been a relatively low-exercise month the last two years ... ideally I'd like to improve on that and do slightly more this year. :)

Sept 1 - 1.4 km walking (15 min)
    Sept 2 - 161.9 km cycling (510 min)
    Sept 3 - 0
    Sept 4 - 0
    Sept 5 - 4 km walking (50 min)
    Sept 6 - 5.4 km walking (65 min) + 13 flights of stairs (10 min)

And then winter came back and the weather has not been nice ...

Sept 7 - 2.2 km walking (25 min) + 16 flights of stairs (12 min) + weights
    Sept 8 - 1.7 km walking (20 min) + 20 flights of stairs (16 min)
    Sept 9 - 35.6 km cycling (110 min)
    Sept 10 - 27.2 km cycling (85 min) + 2.4 km walking (24 min)
    Sept 11 - 29.1 km cycling (45 min) indoors in a very energetic spin class! + 3.1 km walking (35 min)
    Sept 12 - 1.9 km walking (20 min) + 10 flights of stairs (8 min)

Sept 13 - 4 km walking (50 min) + 16 flights of stairs (12 min)

Sept 14 - 4.9 km walking (60 min) + 10 flights of stairs (8 min)

Sept 15 - 5.7 km walking (70 min) + 20 flights of stairs (16 min)

Sept 16 - 3 km walking (35 min)

Sept 17 - 44.3 km cycling (135 min)

Sept 18 - 5.3 km walking (65 min) + 23.1 km cycling spinning class (50 min)

2017 Monthly September
    Walking Distance (km): 45.0
    Walking Time (min): 562.5
    Cycling Distance (km): 321.2
    Cycling Time (min): 944.5
    Stairs Climbed Number: 105.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 84.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 366.2
    Total Distance (miles): 227.5
    Total Time (min): 1591.0
    Total Time (hr): 26:30:58
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) Got up extra early this morning so there would be enough time for dog walking, breakfast, meditation, showering and dressing in time to get to Jake's 8 AM doctor appointment.

<3 Barbie