Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 9/17
    1) Slept in for a change (church Sat. evening with choir) = Felt so good! Hubby still sleeping. :smiley:
    2) Do NOT stress about the broken window sash & cracked pane...it will be fixed and it will be fine = Did ok with this. Helped immensely that hubby and I went to state park and enjoyed nature. We hiked a part of the Ice Age Trail (at the actual trailhead, which I hadn't realized), walked up a lookout tower, and I even went all the way to the top (afraid of heights). It was a great day. :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Close! Red 10 but that may be generous :wink:
    4) Bedtime & TV off 11:00, hopefully Packers game is over by 10:30 = :'( Packers lost, game finally over 10:50 p.m. & in bed before 11:30? :/

JFT M 9/18
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work and watched 6 deer running through park = happy me & dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories green
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    4) Do something on to-do list after work
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    9/17 Sunday JFT:

❌Homework & Studying
    ❌Budget meeting
    ❌Jog on elliptical
    ❌Small grocery trip
    ❌Small nap
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 9:30 pm

Keep it simple and stay focused without stressing :D

As you can see Sunday did not work out. I dealt with extreme nausea all day!! The only I was able to do was eat and rest. So my husband decided we should go to the movies since it would be cool and relaxing. We watched "Leap" and brought dinner home. Then I had trouble going to sleep! I didn't nap all day but still didn't sleep well. Needless to say Sunday's plans were just not meant to be!
  • MLHC1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So not sure what’s going on with me, I keep throwing up in the middle Of the night which is unusual for me.
    Not much nausea but I think it’s something I’m eating, and I want to say its popcorn but I’m not sure. And if you’ve ever thrown up undigested popcorn then it is the most unpleasant thing ever!

It’s 11am and not managed food yet, stomachs very sore :(
    Gonna weigh myself when I get in, see where I’m
    Up to on that

Hope you all have a good day x

Try taking Emetrol (it is a safe nausea medication for pregnancy, I'm not sure if they have that over there though). I struggle with extreme "morning sickness" every morning from 3 am - 6:30 am. Mainly I just lay somewhere cold in the house and keep a sprite near by. When my body temperature cools down, it helps with the nausea feeling. When the nausea subsidies alittle, I'll eat a yogurt and drink about 6 oz of sprite. A few hours later, I'm able to eat regularly again. I definitely keep a close eye on what im eating so I don't upset my stomach. For example; One day I enjoyed mushrooms in my omelette, the very next day mushrooms made me sick.

Good luck and hang in there, it'll get better :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm so sorry your Sunday didn't work out! Mine wasn't too great either. But hopefully the next week goes well and your new life doesn't upset your tummy too much. Lol

Had a great morning so far! The DH was in a MUCH better mood when he woke up. Still not feeling well. He has a really bad sore throat, but he gets those fairly regularly and we are hoping that his body is able to battle against whatever I have and not get worse. Lol. His vacation starts today when he gets home around 530. Mine starts tomorrow around 2. We are super excited! We are going to go to a zoo that is about an hour away sometime over the next week and a half and also go to a wolf preserve that's not too far away either. I can't wait. I haven't done things like this in years. I'm pretty much a homebody. Lol.

Oh! So in a different challenge that I am apart of I learned about a website called Udemy.com which is pretty much an online learning website. For the next three days every course they have is only $12 and usually, they range from $20-200. I bought two creative writing courses that were regularly priced at 200. I'm hoping that they kick start my goal to get my book done. Lol. I plan on using a lot of my vacation working on those.

Well off to do some yoga, since it's raining out. Lol. Have a great day everyone!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    9/18 Monday JFT:

Run Errands
    Small grocery trip
    Budget meeting
    Family Meeting
    Homework & Studying (Inorg. HW due in A.M.)
    Try the elliptical for ~ 15 min. ( I've been real nauseated so I haven't done this yet).
    Sch. Dr. Appt

One of my main goals today is, try and figure out our new routine this year!! This pregnancy has drastically changed my whole schedule and I've been to sick to figure out everything!! I've got to get a handle on things! I can say when I got on the scale and saw it went up, I was sadden a little. I know that it is just the beginning but I worked really hard through that cleanse and diet to lose those 10 lbs and now it's all coming back. Sorry to rant on...I know it's silly bc I'm pregnant and I should not worry. I'm hoping by sharing this little rant it'll be out of my mind and I can move on, Lol :D
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Sunday:
    1. 10,000 steps :(
    2. under 75G carbs :(
    3. under 1400 calories :)
    4. 8+ freggies :)
    5. 10+C water :)
    6. pre-track food for the day :)
    7. keep working on trying to get better sleep :)

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 75G carbs
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+C water
    6. 60 minutes zumba

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 26 (Sept 18) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit❌
    3. Stay calm and patient✅
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day✅
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals✅

I did really well with my carbs all day until dinner. Then I decided to eat a huge bowl of rice and ruined it. I'm still ok with my calories today however.

Today emotions were much calmer. I had a more relaxed day, but I was very busy with my course work (long distance university classes started today) so I didn't get out for a walk. My husband was at the hospital with his mom to visit his dad and I stayed back to recharge my emotional batteries.

Tomorrow I will try to get my walk in as well as my low carbs. Tomorrow I will be exactly 1 month away from my short term goal of 185 Lbs. This mornings weigh in tells me I still have 7-8 lbs to lose. I've got my fingers crossed that with a bit of hard work and willpower I can be in the 180's before Oct!!

Day 27 (Sept 19) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs
    2. Exercise a bit
    3. Stay calm and patient
    4. Log Everything
    5. Have a RELAXED day
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 You truly are an inspiration to me. On top of everything you started school too? I don't know how you do it! But awesome awesome job! Don't work yourself to hard though. With all the stress you're under take a day or two to yourself if you can. But either way, you are doing phenomenal and should be very proud of yourself because I sure am proud of you!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    9/18 Monday JFT:

✔Run Errands
    ✔Small grocery trip
    ❌Budget meeting
    ❌Family Meeting
    ✔Homework & Studying (Inorg. HW due in A.M.)
    ❌Try the elliptical for ~ 15 min. ( I've been real nauseated so I haven't done this yet).
    ✔Sch. Dr. Appt

My husband and I spent some quality time together today. This took up a lot of time bc he had A LOT on his mind today and needed to chit-chat. So we moved the meetings to later this week and enjoyed a long lunch. All in all, I felt pretty good after I took a nap this afternoon and this made for a product evening. Well, off to bed and back to school tomorrow :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    MONDAY, Sept 18
    1. drink water. It is not hunger, it is thirst. It is sadness - so let myself grieve, and don't eat my grief. :) Been trying to drink more water. I think my hubby is really depressed with losing his brother, and then it brings back memories of my own family - all gone. Its not what you think when you are young. You just think that someday when you retire, you can spend a lot of time with your siblings, after your own children are grown. But ... sometimes that is not the way life turns out. So today, I worked hard to look at all the good in my life, which I am forever thankful for.
    2. log all food. Try and keep calories under 1500 :) Did OK - still have to log all my food
    3. go to the gym in the morning. THis will start my day out much better. :) Yes -- this helped a lot!
    4. no more junk food in the house. If my daughter wants ice cream, bridge mix, etc., take her to the store, get it for her to take to HER place, but don't buy it to keep here for her :)
    5. work on business bookkeeping - so far behind again :/
    6. doctors appt tomorrow :) Went to my yearly OB/GYN appt. He wants to do genetic testing on me, since I have so much cancer. I am still debating this. A part of me wants to do it, another part of me is not sure I want to know if I have the genes that I will get cancer. He says because my mother, grandmother both had breast cancer, but especially a brother that had pancreatic cancer at age 49, and a brother with leukemia at age 51, I am a perfect candidate for this. What would you guys do??? I just don't know if it would be good or bad to know.
    7. clean underneath bathroom sinks cupboards :/
    8. clean refrigerator - throw out stuff that I should not be eating (like ice cream). Yes, its throwing away money, but better to do that than to put it on my hips! :/
    7. think positive thoughts :/:) Hard to do this, but hubby and I had some good, long talks, and in the end, we both realize how very blessed we are. Things are not has we hope, especially with our daughter, and losing all our immediate siblings, but, things could also be worse.
    8. get back on here, no matter what. Be accountable :) Yes - still here -- still working at changing those bad habits

JFT, Tuesday, Sept 19
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking water
    3. remember to make protein shakes if I am hungry
    4. hug my husband, and try to cheer him up.
    5. go to the gym. It helps, not only the socializing, as I have met so many wonderful people there, but I feel stronger, and healthier when I go. Also, I don't want to break this nice habit I have developed
    6. get back on here tomorrow. Be accountable

YES - changed my profile again!
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats a good question... would I want to know. I think for me, I would. I lost both my sisters at early ages. My baby sister was 35 when she passed, my older sister was 50 when she died of a blood clot in her leg. I immediately went to get tested to see if I was a candidate for that same ailment. Fortunately I was not, but it made me feel better just to know. I was my sister had been able to use this app. She would have been so comforted to know there were like-minded people out there. She had gained over 100lbs in a year due to medications she was taking. She went from 140 to 240+. The gym wasn't helping much but it provided the socializing she needed. I'm really grateful my doctor recommended MFP to me. It took me a few days to start logging my food correctly but now that a have, I've even ore-planned a couple days in advance on the app, that way I know exactly what I'm going to eat. I'm hooked now, and excited every new day I wake up and step on the scale. Even if it's just 0.2 ounces, I'm excited, and there are a couple people I'm friends with on here that will "like" my progress no matter how small it is... just that is sooo helpful and really motivates me. However, I'm digressing. Again, I would find out if I'm genetically predisposed, just for peace of mind. If so, then you have the power to help get your mind and body prepared for an incredible fight. Best of luck! I pray that you have no illness, and you can continue on this path to improved health and fitness.
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, your prayers and your encouragement!! I really needed this chat this week. You've been a great support.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    9/19 Tuesday JFT:

Up early
    Prep lunches for the day
    Kiddos & teeno to school early
    At university today 8 am - 1 pm
    Small grocery trip
    Jog on elliptical
    Pick up kiddos & teeno ;)
    Dinner by 7pm
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    6. doctors appt tomorrow :) Went to my yearly OB/GYN appt. He wants to do genetic testing on me, since I have so much cancer. I am still debating this. A part of me wants to do it, another part of me is not sure I want to know if I have the genes that I will get cancer. He says because my mother, grandmother both had breast cancer, but especially a brother that had pancreatic cancer at age 49, and a brother with leukemia at age 51, I am a perfect candidate for this. What would you guys do??? I just don't know if it would be good or bad to know.

Do you mean there’s so much cancer in your family or you personally have cancer?

It’s a very very difficult thing to decide what to do!
    I think I would find out, it might be *kitten* if I got bad news but at least I would know that if I were to have I t they could catch it earlier than if I didn’t know. And probably have a better chance of surviving I guess?

If you’re unsure i tend to flip a coin to find my true feelings.
    For example
    Heads: find out
    Tails: don’t find out

It doesn’t matter what the outcome is, it’s how you feel about the outcome, if you get tails and wish it was heads then you know you want to find out. And if you’re happy it’s tails, then you know you don’t want to find out.
    I hope that makes sense.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

YES - changed my profile again!

Personally, I would not get tested, but that's just me. I also have various cancers / medical conditions on both sides of my family, and that does not change my mind about genetic testing. I am controlling what I can, however. I always have my annual physical & mammo (two aunts with breast cancer, still going in their 70s!). Since age 50, I have a colonoscopy as recommended (3x already) b/c dad successfully treated for colorectal cancer, but aunt died from it. And I am losing weight / getting back into shape to have a healthier lifestyle, since strokes and Afib also run in the family.

I would think about how knowing any test results would change my life. Would I freak out? Would I alter my behaviors, get tested often, etc.? If I won't change my behavior anyway, I would skip the testing. BTW, I'm three weeks away from 6-0. Hope this gives another perspective for you to consider.

And your new profile pic is lovely! Beautiful quilt.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap M 9/18
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work and watched 6 deer running through park = happy me & dog :smiley:
    2) Net calories green = Green! :smiley:
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray = Done, but needs to be longer :smile:
    4) Do something on to-do list after work = Got a lot of list done, but right up to 10:30 p.m. :)
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = Nope, see #4 :/

JFT T 9/19
    1) Walked dog 3.4 miles before work / now wearing reflective gear (both me & dog) since we're leaving home > 30 minutes before sunrise = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Have pre-logged (almost) all meals & snacks for Tues. / stick to plan / net calories green
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    4) After work wash: 1 window, towels, dishes piled on counter
    5) Make lunch since won't be going home W
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    <<<< HUGS >>>> to all of you! So much good and bad happening. Joy and sorrow. Sometimes I read ya’lls posts and my heart just aches for you.

I feel so blessed every day. I am a Pollyanna. The glass is definitely half-full. (When the pendulum swings the other direction … well we try not to go there.)

So oddly enough, I have a hard time responding to posts. I feel that my words may be wrong for the situation. That I will put my foot in my mouth. That what I say will be misinterpreted and someone will be hurt. Or that I will come across like a know it all. Please know that I am listening, that I care <3 and that I find joy in your positives and feel for your bad days. :( I know what I worry about above is mostly not real. I am making an effort to be communicative about more than just me.

On that note - here is a post about me: :D;):p

I’m still here! That hurricane took the wind out my sails for about a week. We got through OK, and none of my friends or neighbors down here in central Florida had significant damage. I had little time for the computer. We have spent our days cleaning up fallen trees and branches at our place and neighbors. Our garage door was knocked off track so we had to take it apart and reassemble it. The generator stopped working – but I solved it! We pulled down and demolished the enclosure of a friends screened pool that was wiped out but still hanging precariously. Lots and lots of physical labor. Not much cooking going on. Lot’s of bad eating choices. Hurricane snacks are a real thing. I ate chips and Nutty Buddy bars and more chips and hot dogs and all the chocolate things in my reach and goldfish and a lot more junk that I just cannot remember! (And it was all tasty.) My work was closed for most of the week – I was in the office about 8 hours total so we had a lot of time for physical labor. I slept well. Even when we only had the generator power, we were at least able to run our ceiling fans. Everything could have been so much worse. Back in northeast Florida, where I come from, it is a flooding disaster. My heart…. :heartbreak::heartbreak:

My planning was not about my meals or even my life that much. We planned where we would be the next day and what to work on. Time to refocus on the mundane, so

Just For Today - 09-19-2017
    • Stay in the green on calories
    • Drink water!
    • If home at daylight, pick up a garbage can worth of debris (this will go on my list for months we have many trees and many little branches down.)
    • Clean downstairs bathroom
    • Wash dark load for work clothes
    • Make a time line for looking for a new job. This has slipped too much.
    • Iron shirts
    • Plan tomorrow's food today
  • PrincesseAly23
    Options
    Day 27 (Sept 19) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Stay calm and patient✅
    4. Log Everything✅
    5. Have a RELAXED day✅
    6. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

So I got in my exercise... but no matter how much I tried I couldn't keep under my carbs today. I was with family and tried to be careful without being too picky, I avoided cake and chocolates and bread and ate very small portions but once I put in what I did eat it all added up to much more than I thought. :(

I still walked for more than 1.5 hours and enjoyed the day. The first stress-less day I've had since being here.

Day 28 (Sept 20) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs (for real this time!!!)
    2. Exercise a bit
    3. Stay calm and patient
    4. Log Everything
    5. No wheat
    6. No sugar
    7. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 20,089
    2. under 75G carbs :)
    6. 60 minutes zumba :) plus a 5-mile walk and some weight lifting

Yesterday, my S.O. decided that he was fat (he's not, but has developed a belly in the last few months) and that he was going to start doing something about it. We both had the day off...so we worked out THREE TIMES. Ouch.

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. under 75G carbs
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+C water
    6. swim a mile
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 20,089
    2. under 75G carbs :)
    6. 60 minutes zumba :) plus a 5-mile walk and some weight lifting

Yesterday, my S.O. decided that he was fat (he's not, but has developed a belly in the last few months) and that he was going to start doing something about it. We both had the day off...so we worked out THREE TIMES. Ouch.

“Worked out” :wink: :sweat_smile: