• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, and evening to our group that spans the globe,

Corey and I are going back and forth so much about next steps for our lives that I feel like a metronome. I am not fond of depending on circumstances outside ourselves, as in needing to sell the warehouse in order to move on to the next thing. I am not a patient person, as y'all may have noticed. The year and a half that it will take us to put the necessary money away seems forever, I'm like a child waiting on her birthday to come... and that year and a half would put me at 59 years old... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's just a shrugging kind of day. "The heart wants what it wants," as Dickinson said.

2:20 pm here. :) I'm eating lunch.

My husband and I are in a similar situation now ... we've been in Hobart since 2013, and it is starting to feel like time to go ... maybe.

One the one hand, this is OK ... but on the other hand, there's a lot of world to see. And we can actually work in 3 different countries.

I was the one who put in 27 applications in order to get a job to come here ... it's his turn now to put out the applications. So we'll see ...

Meanwhile I have no idea where we'll be next year this time. Might be here ... might be who knows where!

M in Oz
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Cool coonhound! Major is not very happy about being put into the laundryroom for the night even with another dog for company. I think I will probably have to let him sleep on the bed with me...and go sleep in the upstairs bedroom. My daughter is going to have him crated at night in her room, but she's gone on a date tonight so I am puppysitting...Hubby hasn't heard the howling yet...anytime now... <3 Wendy >:)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awww.... Puppy paws :heart:
    /Penny
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    At long last I've been able to add a few more Canada Trip photos ... most of the Vancouver Island portion of the trip ... :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730/page9
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning, afternoon, and evening, all,

Machka - thanks for that! Sometimes I feel as if the itchy feet thing is a curse, or wanderlust, as Lenora put it. And even more so that we're the only ones. It's nice to know we're not. :) There is more out there, and I'm ready, but circumstances are not... If you've ever heard it, a song just pounced on my brainpan and shook it... "There's a place for us, somewhere a place for us..." from West Side Story. I wake up with music pounding in my head, often enough, everything from orchestral pieces to theme songs from old TV shows.

Wendy - Major looks like a wonderful choice, calm and relaxed.

Dana
    - Dolly's beautiful.

Egg, our now-five-month-old kitten, is in her teenager months at the moment, one moment relaxed and loving, the next very stabby and twitchy and puffy-tailed. We know it will fade, just kind of waiting it out. I put a collar on her with a bell so I knew where she was, as she's developed a habit of running by you while you're walking, and jumping up high enough to just touch your hand with her paw. Scared the hello-kitty out of me a couple times (thank you for that phrasing, Lenora :)). With the bell, at least it's not a surprise... :wink:

Driving to El Paso this morning, won't leave until 8 a.m. or so, should be there about noon my time or a little later, according to how many walk-around stops I take. I'll have to take a few; four hours straight of driving will leave me with feet and ankles so swollen I won't be able to get my shoes off. Will be back here tomorrow night, and taking my laptop with me, as it's a working trip, so I'll check in.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Just skimming through.... It is still raining challenges around here.....

DH has been in pain for the last 2 weeks and finally got to the doctor yesterday to see what could be done about an umbilical hernia that he believes he tore further helping a neighbor move some heavy chairs. I believe he will have surgery sometime this week. Just waiting for the surgeon to call now. After that is taken care of he has to have surgery to repair 3 tears in his shoulder rotator cuff. He also informed me that he has an abcess on one of his teeth. So he is just a 6' walking pain. Thank goodness he is not an angry sick man. He reverts to being a baby and wants to be within eyesight of me every minute. I'm trying to spend the time reading while laying beside him encouraging him to take a nap so I can slip away. :D

I'm thinking that by the time I get a new job I'll be too crazy to work! :D No news on the job front; keeping in mind that I do still have a job which allows me to work from home (which is really needed right now) and that no news means that there is still hope.

Wendy - I love Major! He is beautiful. I am sure he will help your daughter too! I could not live without having a dog.

Becca - You are always such a ray of sunshine. I think I lost a post when I was telling you the joy I had telling DH all I learned about painted rocks from you after he found one. He really enjoys his rock and has started looking for them now.

Lisa - Me too! I am ready to move on with my next couple of life stages and impatient to get started. Nothing wrong with that! I figure there will come a time when we are unable to do a lot of stuff so we should do it while we can.

Josephine - Thank you for checking on me. :)

Michele - I am sending you hugs! <3<3

Allie - Keep on keeping on! B)

All of you - I enjoy reading your posts, seeing your pictures, and learning lots of stuff from your experiences. This morning I just wanted to post a little note and ended up writing more than I thought I could.

Tere in RVA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi all!
    Cough much better! :D:D:D

I went horribly over on calories yesterday, partly because of yoga, but I will revert to o:) today. :D

We desperately needed a food shop, so I took DH down to the cricket and will pick him up this evening. Went to my favourite shop and, whoops, bought new sunglasses and a bright red lipstick. :o:o:o I will wear the lipstick on my birthday with my new diamanté earrings and my LBD. B) The sunglasses I will wear next year. :*;)

Bought lots of food, including yummy white crab meat which I had ALL TO MYSELF for lunch with avocado and beetroot. Plus homemade yoghurt cheese. The VERY expensive crabmeat was only 87 calories, so a lovely treat. I'm making Easy Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie for dinner so hope to have a low calorie day.

Thinking about everyone in Mexico (I lived in the city for a month with a family in 1993 ) and all those in the path of Maria. Someone on here has family in Puerto Rico I think.

I will also make the chocolate butter icing (frosting) for the cake filling today. Got to cut out FROZEN decorations tonight. They come on a sheet and you have to cut round them. :grumble:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bonniepl
    bonniepl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Having dogs is really good for us doing a little walking each day.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    [quote="Katla49;c-40472886"

Cheri: I love the cabinet. Your DH made it??? Wow! :smile:

Katla

Nope. Not my hubs. That was created by someone else hub's here on our forum Janetr. I was just sharing its beauty!

Cheri
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)<3o:)B)