WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Heather - neat photo of you and brother! Love the new lipstick and shades. You are making me hungry for crab cakes.

Wendy - Major is the perfect name for your new little guy. He looks like a major! I slept in the guestroom with our new puppy three months ago so we wouldn't disturb DH ... we are still there! B) Rosie doesn't complain if I snore, lol.

I love seeing everyone's puppies and kitties! Dolly, Bonnie's coonhound, Rye's lovable cat. They bring such joy to our lives.

Tere - your husband is really going thru it! Hope recovery from the surgery goes well (for both of you!). Glad he's weathering the pain w/o being too much of a pain, lol. Always good to get caught up with you - thanks for popping in.

Carol - I keep thinking about your asbestos flooring. Our house is 20 years old so we are likely OK with our original linoleum here. I think back to the house I was raised in, built before 1900 - had white asbestos siding and I can still see the old linoleum on the floor which had worn spots. Anyhow, hope the floor repair and covering replacement goes without any new hitches. Gives me the shivers to think of the place being torn up for a while but focus on how nice it will be when it's done. DH and I have discussed putting tile down here eventually - I think it might be noisier and colder in the winter, but am also interested in hearing what other folks have done. Wood and/or laminate might be nice too - tho I fear water and warping.

My walk yesterday did not materialize so will try it right now. We are in between rainclouds for a while. It's snowing about 20 miles east of us! Early for the season... it's the year of extremes.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Y'all have to stop with the cute pet pics.

Kay in NEGA, who does. Not. Need. A. Dog.

No, I don't. But I am so tempted......
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I am not a ray of sunshine today!!!! Not that I'm sad, its just that its raining like a mother today, and last night!!!! We had tornado warnings for the coast, but it was mostly off Washington area. That was yesterday at 4 pm. Lightning and thunder was fun though.

Missing my son Terribly! Just his voice. I wish he'd call but I know he's so busy. The letter to my middle son from him sounded good though. He is even writing stories, which he did at home for enjoyment.
    You all are amazing, and for the most part I am in awe of you!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hey, Katiebug, I bought an Instant Pot because y'all recommended it so highly. Your turn. :) You know you want a doggie.... :)>:)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    The Pom got loose this AM when I was trying to put a heavy garbage bag into the container. He saw his nemesis (a very large hound) and ran right at him to attack. The big dog grabbed him by the neck and flipped him to the ground. This is the second time this has happened with this dog. He's a very sweet dog but is not going to put up with the Pom who thinks he is a giant.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Major ... BIG paws! ... Beautiful dog!

Michele ... after hearing of all the wedding drama from you and my friends as well ... I'm glad I have two sons! I do not plan to get involved in any way should either of them ever marry. So I say now ....

Moving/Wanderlust ... I am a homebody. We've lived in the same house for 24 years ... 9 years before that in another house. But I'll tell you ... I'm seriously consider moving ... I am really struggling trying to keep up with this place by myself as a result of my husband's health. It's upsetting him watching me. It's upsetting me watching him get upset ... not to mention I'm just running out of steam. I keep thinking that if I could get the big problem projects done, then it would just be maintenance ... which I think I can handle ... but the big projects are not getting done.

Tere ... I had to laugh that you we're lying beside your husband waiting for him to doze off ... I used to do that with my boys!! Husbands really are big babies!

Meg ... I'll be praying for the best outcome possible for you and your husband.

Off to mow the grass near Buffalo where it is 82 degrees in September!?!

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth more and more my DH and I are thinking, WHY? do we have a house? It's all we ever wanted, but wow, it is a lot of work. We lived in a 2 bdrm condo for 16 years and rented apts. before that, it really was easier work load, but yes, you had HOA fees etc and noise from the neighbors. Still.....we are thinking about moving to an apt. in the not too distant future, maybe 6 years from now...

Allie thinking of you as you move into your new life!

NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ Looks like y'all are all set up. Love the little fenced in area and the fire pit. You and hubby look great!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DH is loving his Easy Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie from skinnytaste.com. Any newbies who haven't tried it should give it a go. We have it fairly often, eat double portions and have a third left for the next day. I made (in the IP) a potato salad for DH and some barely cooked veggies for a cold veggie salad. Yummo!
    He is a happy man. :D

Looking forward to seeing my friend tomorrow. I have booked the local pub where I always have the same thing - salmon with loads of veggies and a side of hollandaise so I can dip my fork into it. We can just totter down the road in our finery. I will make a start on icing the cake in the morning. Might do my roots. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx