Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

1. LOG ALL FOOD :/
    2. Finish dishes :DI did the dishes that were there from two days ago but didn't do yesterdays dishes. Lol
    3. Take out trash :/
    4. Put food in Crock :)Ended up making something completely different because I didn't realize I was out of some of the ingredients I needed. Lol
    5. Fold clothes :/
    6. Wake up the DH(he had food poisoning last night and was up into the wee hours of the morning) :)Although it wasn't until about 2 pm Lol
    7. Meditate/attempt to get a handle on my focus and concentration :pWorked on my bullet journal instead but that was kind of like meditating
    8. 1hr Udemy :/Spent the day watching the DH play video games because I was interested in the story. I'm such a writer. Lol
    So yesterday was another bust. Lol. I've been fighting a headache for about a week now which is making it hard to actually do things. The DH pointed out that it might be because of the meds. It also hasn't helped that we haven't had money to buy any Ibuprophen or anything. But today was payday so I can change that. Lol. So I have high hopes for today, but I am going to keep it simple. Lol.

1. Log all food
    2. Do HP workouts
    3. Meal plan/grocery list
    4. Shopping trip
    5. Going out for dinner, look for healthy options
    6. 1 hr Udemy videos

I think that is it for today. Only a few and the HP workouts are done already. Lol
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    To not eat double stuffed elf cookies that I'm so badly craving..
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    FT, Thursday
    1. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning --- already been there today! :/ Nope - didn't happen today. I could not get to sleep last nite, so skipped the gym this morning, rested instead
    2. log all food :)
    3. concentrate on water :/ This is still a struggle for me -- I have to work harder at this goal
    4. keep calories below 1400. This Should be easy, but it's not been lately! :/ Well, a little over 1500 calories.
    5. keep logging all food - even if I am over on my calories :)
    6. remember how far I have come. Don't let the scale go b ack to the 200s. Keep focused :)

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking more water
    3. be mindful of what I eat. Eat SLOWLY.
    4. read response cards to remember why I want to lose weight
    5. remember long term goals. How do I want to feel on New Years day - a day when I always make the same weight loss resolution!!
    6. get back on here tomorrow. be accountable

So this morning I weighed myself - up almost 3 pounds!! Time to get serious again, and get those pounds off.
    I remember when I was going to weight watcher, and when I had a bad week, I would be very tempted to skip the meetings. But I didn't, because back then, if you skipped a meeting, you still had to pay the money. Many times though, even after a bad week, the scale was not as bad as I had expected, and it would help me stay on track.
    I have to remember this. I didn't weigh myself last monday, because I knew I had a bad week, and I was afraid the scale was up. What happened ---- all week I was down on myself, and hard to stay motivated, and just wanting to give up. So no matter how bad a week I have, I need to still keep those weekly weigh-in, and treat this as if I am paying for this, like with weight watchers. be accountable each week.

I am so glad so many of you are going to do the challenge with me!!
    And @bex95123 - I love your goal of you and @MLHC1 try not to gain more than 5 pounds -- a great goal!!

I have so many posts to go back and read up on, but a busy day today, and I'm off to a very late start!
    Hope you all have a great friday!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I have got to go to the international foods section of Publix (grocery chain) and look for this Ryvita of which you speak so often.

I speak of it often but don't eat it that often - keep cracking and eating cake/ biscuits instead :)

Wondering if I should keep some cottage cheese in the fridge to have with it - that's super tasty (and full of protein!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I have got to go to the international foods section of Publix (grocery chain) and look for this Ryvita of which you speak so often.

I speak of it often but don't eat it that often - keep cracking and eating cake/ biscuits instead :)

Wondering if I should keep some cottage cheese in the fridge to have with it - that's super tasty (and full of protein!)

Haha omg I never thought of this!

What UK stuff is on your international shelf?

We have lucky charms, and American sweets like nerds and Hershey’s and pop tarts, twinkies and beef jerky?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Well so far the DH has forced me to do half of my list from yesterday. Lol. He got me off my butt even though my head hurt and I was slightly nauseous and cleaned the house. The living room is all swept and tidy(except the dishes Lol) and I folded and put away the clothes, got clothes together to wash tomorrow, and cleaned up my island(a pile of small trash, mainly tissues, and wrappers next to my bed.) Now we just have to take out the trash which can be really annoying because I live all the way at the end of a quarter mile long dirt road and the closest garbage can is at my parent's house which is about 500 yards up the road. So I usually get a bag or two together and pile it in my trunk and drive up. Well, it's a few days past when I should have brought it up. Lol. So it's definitely a garbage day! Lol. I also looked through all the circulars that came in the mail yesterday and nothing looked interesting so I guess it's just a normal week for me. Lol.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    But, I would like to challenge you guys. If we could each lose just 5 pounds by the end of the year??? Or, if you are close to your goal, just maintain thoughout the rest of the year??? (Bex and MLHC1 -- you guys are excused :D -- we want to see healthy babies!!)

Its not very big goals, but it will help us to stay focused. I know for myself, I am currently at 194 pounds. If I do not watch myself, it will be so easy to get back into the 200s by January 1st. That is only 6 pounds away - which as we all know, that weight can come on so quickly! But ..... if I can lose those 6 pounds, come January 1st, I will be only 10 pounds from my first goal weight of 178!!

So how about it? We all post our weight on October 1st - and the challenge is to either stay the same, or lose 5 pounds by January 1st - very doable. The challenge is just from October to January. Think of how great we will feel when it comes time for those New Years Resolutions!

I am IN! I'm so down and out lately that I have just gotten where I don't care. But deep down, I really DO care. So, I AM IN!

There is absolutely no reason for me not to be able to lose 5 lbs by January. If I don't, it's because I'm just not trying. And I've done enough of that lately. :)

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    1. Walk outdoors while the sun is shining!
    2. swim a mile
    3. under 1400 calories
    4. under 100G carbs
    5. 10+ C water
    6. 8+ freggies
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have lots of stand-alone Asian stores, usually a mix of Chinese, Japanese, etc. food items. In my neighborhood there are a couple of small Vietnamese Stores and a Latin food store. "International" grocery stores usually have things from Russia, Latin America (mostly Mexican) and Asia, but nothing from other parts of Europe.

I can only think of one place in my city where I could get anything from the UK, and that is a store that mostly sells imported furniture and such, but they have some shelf-stable international foods as well as wine, coffee and tea. For England, tea and biscuits...I bet that I could find Marmite if I looked really hard, but that is about it.

Oh, there is a store in Portland that has European groceries now that I think about it. I get some Spanish ingredients there occasionally. They probably have a few things from the UK....but there is only one store like that in the whole state.

Being a locavore is a big deal here, and pretty easy to do. Besides coffee, black tea and spices, almost everything that I eat comes from within 100 miles of where I live. I can even get locally grown olive oil and most of the "tea" that I drink is a local tisane.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

For England, tea and biscuits...I bet that I could find Marmite if I looked really hard, but that is about it.

Tea and biscuits!!!
    How British hahahaha

Yeah we get Asian and a lot of polish (their chocolate bars are amazing! And half the price of the ones we have over here!!)

And marmite is truly disgusting.
    Nearly sick in my mouth just thinking about it!
    :grimace:
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY WAS A DAY FOR THE GOALS! Sorry, cap lock on. Calories very good and exercise wowza. I mowed 2 hours and swam 45 minutes. Lessons got done and took kid to art gallery. The sculptures were amazing! And the prices of items for sale probably not too bad but not for us. I forgot my church meeting.
    Going to try to repeat this tomorrow/Saturday (well, not the mowing--weed-eating is next).
    Calories to be in the green. Exercise to exceed 45 minutes, Take boyo to swim lessons and I can machine cycle during that. We will have to swim later if possible so 45 minutes are completed. I want to go to a native plant sale and I have a military id which is needed to get a free hot dog at our car dealer--I thought the boy would like that. He needs to do 3 lessons. I do need to weed-eat and finish mowing but I am not going to worry if I don't do this today. I haven't weighed and am trying not to until next week.
    Now I will have to mark the calendar for Oct. 1 because I am going to go with you on that challenge! But knowing I am forgetful, please nag or remind me.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

1. Log all food :) Had to guesstimate dinner though because I really had no clue!
    3. Do HP workouts :)Done! Now I have to prepare for the team challenge that is coming up next!
    4. Meal plan/grocery list :)Did this! Took a while though. Lol. I have a few new recipes that I am going to try out
    5. Shopping trip :/I looked up at the clock after we got home from dinner and it was already 830! Lol Going early tomorrow
    6. Going out for dinner, look for healthy options :DNot sure how I did. I got Chicken in a lemon sauce over linguine. Very very yummy, though a little too lemony for my taste. Lol. I ate about half of it there and then about half of what I brought home about an hour ago. Lol
    7. 1 hr Udemy videos :/Spent about an hour clearing up space on my phone. Downloaded the app so I could watch the videos from anywhere and then proceeded to spend the next hour and a half looking through all the other courses I could possibly take(There are many many many!) Lol
    I'd say 4 out of 6 isn't too terrible! My weight will probably be up tomorrow because of the very heavy food from dinner tonight. But the house is clean(except for those darn dishes!) thanks to the DH. Tomorrow is going to be a definite Udemy day! I have to start working on my story. My goal was to get a full outline done before I go back to work, but I highly doubt that is going to happen now. But I am definitely going to try and get at least part of it done! Lol. Well, I'm completely exhausted(yawning as I type this) and I think it's bedtime. So for tomorrow...

JFT, 9/23/17

1. Log all food
    2. AT LEAST 1 hr of Udemy
    3. DISHES!!!!!!
    4. Laundry
    5. Do some chopping of veggies for dinner, before dinner time to save on frustration of making dinner(maybe...)
    6. Shopping!

I'm gonna keep it light tomorrow and see where tomorrow takes me. Nothing too heavy to do. Laundry will be annoying because I have to go to the Parent's house to do it, but it's only two loads. I'll grin and bear it. Lol.

Have a great night everyone!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Sent the boys to camp so should be a quiet day w/DD. I hope :smile:

Walk dog.
    Go to gym.
    DD wants pizza for supper.
    Yard work.
    Meditate w/Calm app this afternoon.
    Watch a chick flick since I have TV tonight w/no interruptions.
    Feel like I'm getting a head cold/allergies & need to take care.

Have a great day!

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    Kind of quiet here today. I've been up since about 9am and can't seem to stop munching today. It's 3pm and I have 500 calories left and it's too hot to really do anything outside at the moment. Maybe I'll go for a walk this evening, who knows. Lol. I really want to get my eating under control today, and Monday I'm starting my IF eating again. I need to get some kind of discipline going again. I need to start making some good habits. They seem to have fallen by the way side during this vacation.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,511 Member
    Options
    Wow, had to go back four pages to find this post to update! Lots of activity on JFT, so great!

Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    September Goal: Get below and stay below 170#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 :smile: but have lots challenges in upcoming week

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,511 Member
    Options
    Recap F 9/22
    1) Before work, washed & hung 2 loads of laundry / with high humidity today (fog on way to work), may have to finish in dryer / after work, take down clothes, fold & put away = used dryer a little and got everything upstairs / most put away :smiley:
    2) Draft report for work project & organize folders / due Mon. = Good progress, have to complete draft and exec summary on Mon. but totally doable. :smile:
    3) Remember to pick up hoodie order = Love it and race headband. :smiley:
    4) Wash: 1 window & dishes = This was a crazy, stupid goal for Fri. Big no. >:)
    5) Leftovers today / calories green = Green! :smiley:
    6) Keep drinking water, have been a little light this week, and body can feel it! 12c and feel much better. :smiley:

Late afternoon and updating for today and tomorrow. Very hot 90F and humid 67DP today, feels more like July in Green Bay. Repeat tomorrow. My rose bushes are loving it.

Sat. Skipped farmers market since still have a little left from last week and due to plans for this week.
    1) Walked dog 3.58 miles at slower pace, even dog was dragging. Saw 2 sandhill cranes in field and dog got treats from both Al and RJ = thrilled dog :smiley:
    2) Cleaned bird baths, filled some feeders, depooped yard for hubby to mow, took out compost bucket, washed pile of dishes = :smiley:
    3) Nixed plan for another state park and having quiet day home with hubby, he's showering before we go somewhere to eat. I don't want to cook. :)

JF Sunday 9/24 Will have 3 hour round trip by car to middle brother's Packers game party.
    1) Walk dog early to beat heat
    2) Bible class and church
    3) Keep portions sensible at party and enjoy 1 - 2 adult beverages
    4) Another hot day, drink > 8c water
    5) Bedtime 10:30
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just realized that I did not set any goals for today --- but, I did so much better today. Healthy eating all day. I still have about 3 more hours before we go to bed, so I am going to get my water, and make sure I can end the day under 1400 calories for once!

So goals for tomorrow will be simple. I feel like I am coming down with something, and can't let that happen! My high school girlfriends are coming for a visit next friday for the weekend, so I can't get sick! .
    sunday
    1. go to the gym. Lay out clothes for monday morning
    2. log all food
    3. try and plan menus for the week
    4. drink water
    5. relax, and enjoy the day, and be thankful for all that I have

• mytime6630
    Options
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 :smile: but have lots challenges in upcoming week

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 30 (Sept 22) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs ❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅
    3. Log Everything✅
    4. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

Day 31 (Sept 23) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs ❌
    2. Exercise a bit✅ (A TON!!! 6 hours stretch of walking!)
    3. Log Everything✅
    4. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals❌

Hello everyone!

The last two days of vacation were CRAZY. Extremely busy and - though I still had some control - out of hand food wise. Overall I'm feeling ok and at sooo ready to get back home and to work on Monday.

(And yes, you're all right. I don't think he even noticed or cares about the weight. And we had an awesome day catching up!)

I'll be travelling all day today, but I'll try to be reasonable with my food choices.

Day 32 (Sept 24) Goals:
    1. Keep under 100 carbs
    2. Log Everything
    3. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So think we all know that I completely lost my
    Mojo since getting pregnant 17 weeks ago!
    But this morning I have logged breakfast
    I need to gain back some control now, not just in eating but my life lol!

Does anyone else feel they’ve got too much to do and just not enough hours in the day?

I’ll let you know how I get on later!