What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    The Whole Foods in my neighborhood FINALLY opens this week, a year behind schedule. I'm going to the "pre-sale" soft opening tomorrow, which I had to reserve tickets for, because I am a loser like that.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I'm very sorry but I can't think of Whole Foods without thinking of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKsOwJ8AGWo

they'll get you every time. The one in my old neighborhood had a bell they would ring when you donated.
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    The Whole Foods in my neighborhood FINALLY opens this week, a year behind schedule. I'm going to the "pre-sale" soft opening tomorrow, which I had to reserve tickets for, because I am a loser like that.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

we call Whole Foods - Whole Paycheck

I just want to say that I shop Whole Foods the same way I shop every other store...there are blatant rip-offs, and there are deals to be had. WFM has an original store brand called 365 (which they were trying to spin off to a separate store) that comprises a wide range of products and is generally good quality organics at decent prices. Remember that natural and organic food is WFM's whole focus, whereas other supermarkets consider organics as 'specialty items' and charge more. More recently they introduced the Whole Foods label as a second house brand; also good prices and quality.

Their produce is generally much better quality than other shops, because again, this is their stock-in-trade. Compare the price of their organic stuff to your local supermarket and I think you'll find they are typically very competitive.

There are plenty of examples of over-priced stuff at WFM. If you absolutely have to have that Finnish-style dark rye that was baked at some artisanal shop in Sedona by Taoist monks from grain grown by virgin Wiccans, you'll probably pay $20 a loaf. Or those nut bars made by the two moms who think they can justify charging $5 a bar because they are so effing special. You get what I mean...

All I'm saying is that if you 'shop smart' there are just as many good deals to be had at WFM as any other store.

And BTW, the store that rings the bell is Trader Joe's, not WFM...

I understand.

Can I borrow $20.00 ?
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited September 2017

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

they'll get you every time. The one in my old neighborhood had a bell they would ring when you donated.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I just want to say that I shop Whole Foods the same way I shop every other store...there are blatant rip-offs, and there are deals to be had. WFM has an original store brand called 365 (which they were trying to spin off to a separate store) that comprises a wide range of products and is generally good quality organics at decent prices. Remember that natural and organic food is WFM's whole focus, whereas other supermarkets consider organics as 'specialty items' and charge more. More recently they introduced the Whole Foods label as a second house brand; also good prices and quality.

Their produce is generally much better quality than other shops, because again, this is their stock-in-trade. Compare the price of their organic stuff to your local supermarket and I think you'll find they are typically very competitive.

There are plenty of examples of over-priced stuff at WFM. If you absolutely have to have that Finnish-style dark rye that was baked at some artisanal shop in Sedona by Taoist monks from grain grown by virgin Wiccans, you'll probably pay $20 a loaf. Or those nut bars made by the two moms who think they can justify charging $5 a bar because they are so effing special. You get what I mean...

All I'm saying is that if you 'shop smart' there are just as many good deals to be had at WFM as any other store.

this.

WFM also has awesome sales and coupons. When I lived in New York and was a broke grad student I used to "extreme coupon" whole foods with store and manufacturer coupons. I could knock a $100 total down to $40 or $50 without too much effort, and have a lot of food. They're especially big on BOGO deals.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I understand.

Can I borrow $20.00 ?

You NEED that rye bread, don't you? LOL!!

• That's too bad.

Struggle #1 should've been, "how do I stake my claim on my MFP spouse without looking like a *kitten*?"

It's like anything else... Just lick it, then it's yours. Solid as any legally binding contract.

ewytt3g9owud.jpg

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    All the shytte I have to get done and cant get the motivation to do! :confounded:
  • Motorsheen

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I understand.

Can I borrow $20.00 ?

You NEED that rye bread, don't you? LOL!!

it was the Virgin Wiccans; they get me every time....
  • Motorsheen

That's too bad.

Struggle #1 should've been, "how do I stake my claim on my MFP spouse without looking like a *kitten*?"

It's like anything else... Just lick it, then it's yours. Solid as any legally binding contract.

ewytt3g9owud.jpg

that's exactly how I claimed my wife.
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2017

That's too bad.

ewytt3g9owud.jpg

that's exactly how I claimed my wife.

Me too. Still haven't figured out how to unclaim her on the days she pisses me off though. I usually just go to the garage & lick car parts, wrenches & sockets when that happens.
    Jut an FYI, not wise to borrow anything from my garage unless you like turtle slobber.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    My daughter's 2nd birthday.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member

I will raise my daughters 3rd birthday :o:o
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member

I will raise my daughters 3rd birthday :o:o

Awww. I think I am going to do Zoo lights (because it is in December) this year, and just bring a cake. :) They grow up too fast!
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Too Much.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Caramel rice cakes
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    pk16tsjnj6bq.jpg
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I feel really frustrated because I find it very hard not to speak up when People are unkind or judgemental towards others! I feel like we should all be lifting each other up not putting one another down!!!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited September 2017
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I just read a study that said about 40% of people would save their dog instead of a foreign tourist if an out of control bus was aiming for them. How isn’t the percentage to save the dog nearly 100% across the board for every stranger? No way I’d save a stranger.

I would save my fur child the very same, as someone else, that would be saving their own human child. I think that's what I would do anyway.
    My child is not human. My child or children are with 4 legs and fur. At the rate I'm going in the last 3 years, don't worry, I've met my "human quota" so far.