WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Wendy- your horses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing their pictures.
    Been tired all weekend from gardening on Saturday. I did walk outside last evening and that seemed to help me have more energy.
    Welcome newbies. We love new voices and ideas.
    Suebdew in TX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B) hello :)
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you all keep u with everything I was gone Friday and then took the weekend off and there was 200 new posts here _ wow. Had a great women's conference this past weekend hoping to put some things into action and stay positive.

Barbie- thanks tot the info on medication

Julie - Ohio - Love Ohio vacation was there every summer growing up. I am also 51 young but getting old ;)

Wendy - September goals were just my start back in but I am worried about Oct because i am teaching for leading
    bible study three days a week along with my other full time job and also all that needs to be done at home. I
    have gained 5 and then lost 1 of those not very happy. need to get focused.

Allie - good luck on your move and I pray that you will have more help than you need.

DJ - wish I could say no stress It is better but really working on letting go of Fear Sunshine accepted thanks.

Dana Cool picture - love the rain but not the overcast if you know what I mean.

Lenora - Glad you had a great vacation.

NYKaren - I hate the evening eating looking for ways to not have so much.

M in Oz- hope you find the right vehicle for you and your needs

Elaine in Iowa
    252/226/213/217/199-
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Plkyhgtrdews

Letting the dogs help you post?

HAHAHAHAHA!! LOVE IT
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I wonder about Sylvia, too. Her son's health was so precarious I always wondered whether she'd become the children's guardian. Her health was also problematic. I do remember a final post from her. If I recall, she wanted to focus on her pottery group and said goodbye to us. It was a coop of some kind, I think. :flowerforyou:

Wendy: The copper article was very interesting but leaves me wondering how to include it in our daily lives. :huh: I love the photos of your beautiful horses. :heart:

New55me: The basic strategy here at MFP is to count calories. It works well for me. CICO=Calories In/Calories Out. I always ate good food but ate way too much of it. My problem was the size of portions I consumed. I ended up buying a food scale and also dishers to control my portion sizes. The food scale was inexpensive and I bought it from Amazon. The dishers were restaurant quality and were more expensive. Dishers look like ice cream scoops. It took a couple of years for me to get to my goal and I'm still here for the social support to maintain my new habits. I expect to count calories forever. This group of women is amazing and supportive. Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Alison: You deserve to let off steam. I am quite sure you will need to set boundaries for Sean & Jean or they will continue to take unfair advantage of you. Good luck with that. You need to be able to say, "I'm sorry, but I have a conflict at that time." I like Chris's advice about the money. :star:

Terry: I have had trouble typing directly into the thread so I open a word document on my desktop and type on it. I can edit and everything. When I'm done, I copy the word document and paste it into the thread. Then I look for misspellings and goofs and fix as many as I see. It works for me. :smiley:

Lenore: You're a truth teller who shares her point of view. We all respond from our own point of view. Keep on being yourself! :heart:

I'm hoping to hear from my doctor about the bone density scan I had last week. I hope that I'm holding my own. I take alondrate weekly for bone density and do weight bearing exercise regularly. There isn't much more I can do that I know about.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Carol couple of things to check with IP.....Clean out the valve every time, use natural release, don't use the release valve, and lastly IU have a towel handy to throw over so the steam I do release doesn't spew everywhere, oh, also they say to oil the pot for dried beans so there isn't too much froth.

• terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!

Meg: Don’t forget to take care of yourself. I find that pampering myself cures a whole host of negative moods for me.

Wendy: I loved the pictures of the horses. Growing up (in the city) I always thought I would one day get a horse. I did have the opportunity to work with the National Park Police’s horse mounted unit on the National Mall. Those horses were so mean (and one stepped on my foot – thank God for steel toed police shoes) that I was cured of the desire to have one of my own although recently I have given some thought to taking riding lessons.

Allie: I quite enjoyed your rant! Sounds like your new found self-confidence is pushing its way into other areas of your life. You don’t have to be a dishrag for anybody. If you want to do something do it – if you don’t want to do it then don’t – if someone breaks their promise to you gently remind them and if they don’t honor it then kick them to a curb and handle them with a long handled spoon. You are important to you! I liked Chris’ suggestion as well. Barbie has a good point too!

I’ve been teleworking all morning and now off to the surgeon’s office with DH. Have a great day everyone!

Tere in RVA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Felicia ~ Great looking boy! Yes, he does remind me of the way my older brother dressed growing up in the 50's.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies!

Penny, loved the pictures of the snow. It is so pretty when you don't' have to shovel it. ;)

Kelly, I'm sending y our MIL good wishes.

Felecia, glad the presentation went well. Listen to your body and lay low. The world is not going to end if you take care of yourself by resting. You’ll get back on track when you feel better.

Joyce, that was an unusual service. I'm sure it is sad for everyone that the man passed.

Wendy, loved the horse pictures. They are beautiful.

DJ, sorry to hear that DH and DD are not getting along. It's hard to watch I'm sure. Just remember that their relationship is theirs to figure out. Best to stay out of it and just walk away. Just tell yourself they own the problem as is not yours to fix.

Katla, thanks for the advice in reference to my losing stuff I’ve typed. Hope your tummy gets better and you hear your scan results soon

Michele in NC, Don’t wait too long to see a dr if your leg is changing. Maybe call and see if they want you to go in.

Dana, thanks for the advice. I didn’t know about the emoji. Sounds like the storm really came through!

Lenora, so nice of your boss to single you out. Good answer to the question your sister asked you. AAHHH family.

NY Karen, my problem is after dinner eating too. I plan to have snacks in the evening.

Machka, sorry to hear about the van. I’d love to be car free too but in Vermont you really have to have a car. We did go down to one though and that has saved some money.

Julie, sounds like you have a good plan.

Well my lunch hour is over so I’ll have to close for now. Hugs and best wishes to everyone.
    Terry in VT
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Our painter friend has started doing our hall, stairs and landing. Lots to do. Today was mainly prep and we had to keep doors shut to avoid dust getting everywhere. Good job we really like him. :D Had to exercise, get toilletted and washed etc with him just outside the doors. :o
    I was more than happy to go food shopping with DH after lunch, except that I left him to shop while I went off next door to see if there was anything I fancied for my birthday present from him. There wasn't. I did buy a short sleeved t shirt in a lovely deep marine blue, very cheap, and a new spotty folding umbrella. Light enough for "just in case".

Made delicious venison stew tonight in my IP. DH has made stewed pears for dessert. I tried a new alcohol free beer which was ok, but not great. All the low alcohol ones have a metallic aftertaste. I put real beer in the stew.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) I just made an appointment with my doctor to talk about bone density It's something I've been ignoring
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Do u ever get on the scale and u don’t believe it? I’m not changing my weight thing yet until I am consistently on that #

Yes, but I'm sure its because my scale has gone the opposite direction then I'm sure you are referring to the direction yours has moved :(

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I just made an appointment with my doctor to talk about bone density It's something I've been ignoring

Barbie,

I've had the DEXA bone scan twice. Both times I wore jeans, they covered me with a sheet and I just unzipped and scooted my pants down a bit. They just took the shots of the lower back and upper femur as I recall. So hopefully, if you have the scan, you can wear your jeans!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Well done Barbie!

Katla - I Googled foods rich in copper and dark chocolate is one of them. :D

Just saw on TV tonight - peas are very good for the brain. :D So is mature cheese. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx