Loose 10lbs in august red team support-

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Panda--the day's not over yet! But tomorrow is a new day. :) Go red team! Has anyone else not received an email or anything back after friending the team captain? I'm just worried 'cause I was having internet issues today and really want to do this challenge. :)

Plant...If you don't hear back from her before Friday, don't worry. Just check the spreadsheet once posted and see if you're name is there; if not, send another message and post your info directly onto the main thread...you will get picked up. Sometimes their inbox gets filled, I think.
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yay Team Red!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to do any hardcore exercise today because I had some kind of stomach bug, but I'm already better and will be back on my schedule tomorrow!!!!! ^_^ Let's go TEAM RED!!!
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Helloooooooooooo Red team!!! :drinker:
    So glad I decided to do the stationary bikes at the gym today for 45 min with a 5 min cooldown instead of the usual 30 min with a 5 min cooldown. I also did 30 min on the treadmill and kept increasing my incline at the end with a 4 min cooldown. Then when I got home I did some gardening! Phew made it past the 500 calories for the day, but wish I could feel my legs. hahaha
    I don't eat my exercise calories. I've been vegan for about 2.5 months now and I'm lucky if I can make it to 1200 calories in a day.

Good luck all! :heart:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    GO TEAM RED!!!

I guess I missed when this week's challenge was announced. From what I gather we are aiming at burning 500 excerise calories per day. Is this correct? Please let me know.

I try not to eat back my calories because what would the point of exercising be? Also, what is recorded in MFP app is always an estimate, what if you are eating back more than you are actually burning!?!?! That would be counter productive.

I had a great day today. Made excellent food choices and exercised. Elliptical for 30 mins and swimming with the kids for 30mins. I am teaching them how to swim and today we did it all in the deep end. So I had to tread water the whole time I was not swimming with them back and forth.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERY ONE!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    RED TEAM CAPTAIN IN THE HOUSE! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! :drinker:

I'm so excited to be doing this challenge with you guys! If I don't get back to you during the day, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you - I work all day so I usually don't get to catch up on my messages until after 5 pm central time. BUT I WILL GET BACK TO YOU!

Thanks to kell for starting this thread - GREAT idea to keep us all on track!

Just a little clarification on this week's mini-challenge - the 500 calories is NOT in addition to the exercise you are already doing. To put it simply, the challenge is to burn 3,500 calories through exercise throughout the week, period. If you normally take a rest day - TAKE IT! But try to burn a few extra calories on the other days.

I noticed that a few of you have injuries and are not able to exercise a lot. PLEASE do not get discouraged. I do, however, encourage you to watch your calorie intake VERY closely and google shadow boxing. Shadow boxing is an excellent way to burn calories WHILE SITTING DOWN! If done properly and with some effort, it can be very effective!

Ummm...what have I missed...Weigh-ins are on Fridays. I would prefer that you send me your updated weight in a message, otherwise I might not see it if it's in one of the threads. I will post our team update by Sunday evening on the "Lose 10 lbs in August" thread. What I am doing (especially since there are so many of us) is posting a link to a spreadsheet that I have created using google. All you will have to do is copy and paste the link in to your browser and it should take you directly to our spreadsheet. I think I have it set up to where I'm the only one who can edit it, so if you see something that's incorrect, please message me and let me know and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

If you guys have ANY questions at all, please feel free to send me a message and if I don't know the answer, I'll find out for you! I am currently working with a personal trainer, so if I can't find the answer, I'd be more than happy to ask Angela. I've also posted my food list/workout program on my blog, so check it out if you get a chance.

We have so many positive team members and I will do my best to keep up with all of you, but like I said, there are over 200 of you, so be patient with me if I don't get back to you immediately. I'm also on facebook (the only Jana Doty in Joplin, MO), so feel free to friend me on there if you want. :smile:

You guys rock and we're going to OWN August!!
  • JessieJuice
    Options
    Woohooo go red team!!! Today is my rest day, but I'll be up bright and early running tomorrow! Any team members who are interested in buddying up for extra accountability please feel free to friend me or message me :).
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yay, I am really happy to be a part of this group, it seems like a great group of supportive people and that is exactly what I need to help me stay on track. I just joined so I didn't know about the 500 calorie burn thingy but I will try my hardest.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited for this mini challenge and the 10 lb challenge. So far I've burned over 600 calories - tried a new class (belly dancing) - we will see if I do it again - depending on how sore I am going to be. It sure was different. I've moved body parts today that haven't been moved in years! I've been very cognizant of my calories and my water - and am sure this is a great start to a great month of weight loss whooop whooop I am psyched!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Athena413
    Options
    What's everyone's most recent NSV?? (nsv = non-scale victory) I'll go first:

I had to downsize my wedding ring about a month and a half ago because it was practically falling off my finger and my husband didn't want me wearing it on a different finger. It's getting too big again so it's back on my middle finger again. :happy:
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all meet your goals this month. I might have a hard time losing my 10 pounds because I started P90. Hopefully the muscle will help burn off some fat. I'll take losing 10 inches even if the scale doesn't move. haha
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    Go Team Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Burned 500+ calories at the gym!!
  • kjpollard
    Options
    Glad to be on Team RED!!!
  • plv2010
    plv2010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yay Red!
  • lisey116
    lisey116 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of the challenge complete!!! Burned 570 calories between 30ds (I'm in a challenge/group for that too), wii active fit 2 and wii boxing! I def am feeling it but I know that it will pay off in the end!! Go team red!
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did this challenge last month and was sooooo close (9lbs down until a water weight gain right before the last weigh-in- damn TOM!). So I'm extra determined this month to make it all the way to 10lbs.

The 500 cal/day challenge is going to be tough because I'm a single, stay-at-home during the day and work-from-home at night mama. Not much time for exercise so I guess I'm going to have to get creative!

As for my latest NSV, I've been posting my weight loss on Facebook and at my Family Reunion this weekend several cousins told me that my success has motivated them.

Go Team Red!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Current Red Team Roster - Please check for accuracy!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdHBZdW1RWjlvMGRPWEppZXpRRUszdkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Copy and paste link into your browser to view.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all meet your goals this month. I might have a hard time losing my 10 pounds because I started P90. Hopefully the muscle will help burn off some fat. I'll take losing 10 inches even if the scale doesn't move. haha

Great attitude! I'm with you!! Even when the scale refuses to budge, inches can speak pretty loud!!
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Burned 541 calories today.......YAY!! I usually do more but I had my pottery class today, that was 3 hours long then I went to help my daughter set up her classroom......she just graduated from college and this is her first teaching job!! She's teaching preschoolers!!

GO RED TEAM!!!!!
  • LadySassy
    LadySassy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok...well I guess I'm pretty slow...just now reading this thread :/ So I've already screwed up the first day of the challenge. *sigh* I promise to do better tomorrow. :)
  • Athena413
    Options
    Ok...well I guess I'm pretty slow...just now reading this thread :/ So I've already screwed up the first day of the challenge. *sigh* I promise to do better tomorrow. :)

Don't think of it so negatively - these threads can be pretty hard to keep up with. Just do your best and know that that's what counts!