• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    Options
    Mary Prayers for Rowan!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well I got a call from legal assistant and no money from Toms attorney so they were going to file a motion for contempt of court, but as soon as we got off the phone someone for his lawyers office showed up with a check for 10,000 so that should get me through until the end..
    my bedroom is looking naked, I am going to take some melatonin and relax, my head is spinning with all I have to do tomorrow.. so I have to take a deep breath and take it an hour at a time... I want to get so much done tomorrow, but have all day Saterday too.... sooooo breath Al breath lol..
    Becca~ your soup looks yummy ...the girls at work were having some fun at my expense today because I am moving into a 55 place they were coming up with all the old jokes , and we had a girl laughing so hard she was crying.. believe me I was laughing right along with them... they love to tease..

This "over 55" lady thinks you have found THE ideal place. Its beautiful, secure, you have a gym at your disposal anytime without concern for the weather outside to get there, activities and friends when you want to socialize, privacy when you want it in a beautiful condo and lovely patio. Hey, wait do they have another empty one???

I'm so happy for you and I know you are going thru a horrible time right now but it will be over eventually and you will be so much more content and happy. Biggest (((hugs))) ever, we are all so proud of you. You have carried yourself with grace thru a horrible time in your life but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Been awake since 11 pm grrr.hope I can get back to sleep,I'm fighting either a UTI or a bladder infection just what I need. NOT.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Janet Nope I don't see any imperfection.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Michele - wrote " I swear, some of the cherries that I got Jess last time I was here were still here and a few were getting moldy. So I threw them out, had some for my dessert tonight and I'll take the rest home with me. The grapes I left also were not eaten so I'll finish them up. Really! She says she wants to lose weight by the wedding. Well, you need to eat fruits and veges, not always McD's. I realize that sometimes it may not be possible, but she should really keep something in her pocketbook so she isn't starving hungry. I think I might mention that to her"

IMO coming from a person who has been WAY over weight all my life, you can't cajole, shame, push or pull someone else into wanting to eat healthy and/or lose weight. Until the person has a desire for a healthy life style, it's not going to change.

Janetr OKC

+1

Also, speaking as someone whose husband is an orchardist, and who is flooded with fruit when it comes ripe ... things like cherries can only be eaten in moderation. I can only handle maybe 10 cherries a day at most.

Machka in OZ

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Janet, there is OT a single imperfection in that ornament. Anyone would feel so blessed to receive it from you. How ong did it take you to learn how to do something like that?

Allie, so glad you got that check. Makes you breath a little easier. Sure wish there wa some one with you everyday helping you to pack and move.

Barbie, love the finished product. The different door by e garage,mis that a breezeway? Love the door though.

Mary, you know this group is good for praying sending God thoughts to our babies here. You will just have to share him with us and he will become one of ours just like Mia and Jaquim. That's what Grandmas do.

Choir practice was kind of good today. As I have said, I am one of 4 altos, two 1st altos and 2 2nd altos. Well the other 2nd alto is still sick and the other 1st alto has two kids and her other had a recital tonight. Dad took one kid to choir, Mom took the other for recital. So it was just the two of us. There were many songs that required the two parts where a lot of songs just hav one alto part so all the altos sing it, the man who died Sunday really loved one of the songs and it is a hard one to learn because of a weird rhythm so we will do extra work to sing it for John. His funeral is tomorrow and I will go.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Joyce - Thank you. I've been doing them for years and years, since my Mom and I bought "kits" and put together. I just started that one this morning. You no longer find the kits (you can on line and they are very expensive) so I started to just buy beads, sequins, any pretty fancy that catches my eye and ribbon and make my own. A lot of those I have posted lately are my rendition of pictures posted on-line in Pinterest, etc. I just look at the pictures and then try to make mine look like the picture. They usually do not look very much like the picture when I'm done lol

Wendy, thank you.

Janetr OKC
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I love old kitchens too. I live in a 90 year old house with high ceilings and stained glass windows and old native timber. I don't own a dishwasher. I've never bought a new fridge. LOL. Horses, dogs and cats are what I spend my money on. My garden is huge with lots of trees, hedges and flowers...and WEEDS. Sometimes it's a blessing, sometimes a curse. We have our own walnuts, lemons, apples, peaches, some veggies, eggs and honey. Here is a bit of my garden: mzdn94ba8ost.jpg That's my Welsh gelding "Cream Soda" who I am giving to my grandkids. And here is my old kitchen. Did I mention I am among the crazy cat ladies of the world? ddb0ztglsnaa.jpg
    <3 Wendy
    PS. Sending up prayers for baby Rowan.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    The money is for attorney fees not me as I ran through my retainer already..but I know it will get me through to the end of divorce.
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Allie here's to a new beginning. Hope you catch the bladder infection early. You are in a major transition and your body is letting you know it needs extra care during this time. It is ironic in times when you least afford t get sick it happens. Here is to trying to get the best sleep you can, healthiest diet, and outdoor exercise if you can during this stressful time. I know it is hard to get those things at this time. The more you can the easier the transition will be. This is also a good time to say NO to anything extra being asked of you just time them you are settling into your new life and need time to do that.

:heart:

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :) Morning
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Mary ~ Prayers for baby Rowan! <3

Rye ~ I love your knotty pine cabinets.

Wendy ~ The photo of you, your horse, and your garden looks like a fairy land.

Barbie ~ You did very well choosing the colors for your house. Question: Is that half a door in the dark wood?

Lisa ~ All that driving would make me crazy.

The plumber came and will be back today to fix a part on the dishwasher. It will cost less than $200 so I am happy about that.

I wanted to put porcelain tile in the kitchen but DH says that if the Pom pees on it, we will never get the odor out. Do any of you have any input on this?

Carol in GA having a better day!

• margaretturk
    Options
    Allie meant tell instead of time. Must have time on my mind. LOL