WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Replies

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Shiver me timbers, mateys, it be Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Maria - Welcome! This is a hopping place to be!

Dana - .8 pound isn't bad at all - at least you're maintaining.

Janet - Wow! Your husband is very talented! What a gorgeous piece that is. That Shaker style really highlights the lovely wood grain. Think I could borrow him for a couple of weeks? :D

Heather - Your yoga teacher sounds fabulous. I went to a couple of classes here, but both teachers were young and skinny. Perfectly nice, but they weren't very good at giving direction into alternate poses for those of us who couldn't quite follow what they were doing.

Allie - Sounds like you enjoyed a nice moment on your patio. Try to think of the traffic noise as rushing surf!

Kelly - That holding pattern is a tough place to be. Wishing you and your husband strength as you wait for news.

Lanette - Is the Kaopectate your vet sells the same as the kind you can buy at the supermarket? They changed their formula a few years back to add salicylates when they used to be just kaolin, and I've never remembered to ask my vet if it was still safe to use.

Everyone be well. Yarrr!

-Yvonne in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,817 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Not funny! Stupid auto correct! I don't remember what I was trying to put there but funny wasn't it

:D
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,817 Member
    Kelly ... so sorry ...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    jykxnzp33utm.png

Arrrrr, matey
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Janet: Wow. Love the piece your husband did. Very impressed.

It rained yesterday. Seriously. Poured. But it quickly passed after an hour and so now our huge piles of trash on the sides of the road are now soaked again.... the mold will continue to grow.

Need to roll out my calves and other muscles. They seem to be tightening up on me. Not enough stretching after I run. Bad habit to get into.

Marcelyn
    avoiding housework in Houston
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    My husband's latest project is completed and in the dining room. I love it, he is THE BEST!!

9kx7nwl0n65f.jpg
    weveczbetm1c.jpg

Love,love,love!!! Such beautiful craftsmanship!

Cheri
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,582 Member
    ydailey wrote: »
    Shiver me timbers, mateys, it be Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Lanette - Is the Kaopectate your vet sells the same as the kind you can buy at the supermarket? They changed their formula a few years back to add salicylates when they used to be just kaolin, and I've never remembered to ask my vet if it was still safe to use.

Everyone be well. Yarrr!

-Yvonne in TX

Yvonne
    - thank you for that info, I'll do some research. The all-knowing internet :# says to use the human stuff, but the vet did mention yesterday the kao she sold was "especially for dogs" and maybe that's why.

That's another reason I love this group so much.... the breadth of experience in all sorts of subjects!

Lanette
    Sunny and chilly (right now) SW WA State
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Wow, Janet, that is a stunning piece of woodworking! Is that Cherry wood, it's gorgeous.

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hugs to each of you from rainy Oregon coast! Don't have anything to add, amazing right?
    Becca
    Quietly blessed and thankful for you all.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Kelly -- I'm so sorry about your mil. That is horrible.

Janet -- beautiful cabinet!

I'm at work again. I left my lunch on the floor in the kitchen. We were getting ready to head out the door and a paused to try to get the dog to go outside. (he wouldn't go. Hates the rain, I guess. So hubby will have to deal with him later.) Grabbed the little guy's breakfast, reminded him to grab his bag and his cello, grabbed my purse and my keys and left. I didn't realize until I was nearly at work where my lunch was. I hate that because I had my gf turkey noodle soup. I texted hubby to put it back in the refrigerator, but he's teaching online this morning, so I don't know if he'll see the message. He hasn't responded yet. Poor guy. His class started at 10 est, so he was on the computer and teaching at 7:00 a.m. My teenager was already out the door, but the little guy and I were tip-toeing around the house trying to get out the door quietly. I think the dog took advantage of the situation to pretend he didn't know what I wanted of him. :smirk:

It looks like my oldest is going to come back and live with us for a while. He needs to get his school and employment act together. I haven't talked to hubby about it yet. He's not going to be thrilled, but it really is supposed to be temporary. He wants to get a TESOL certificate and move to Korea with his dad and teach English. I'm in favor of that. I just want to see him follow through and finish something.

Have to run. I have three meetings in a row beginning at 10:00 and the one at 11:00 is not going to be pleasant. :grimace:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,868 Member
    Sue--Sorry to hear of your SIL's brother.

Barbie--Hope you find out the results of DH's tests soon.

Janetr--Beautiful cabnit. DH is talented.

Penny--Sounds like a very neat lady.

Allie--Baby steps and you are getting there. Looking forward to the pictures once you are moved in and settled.

KJ(Kelly)--I am so sorry about your MIL. Sending prayers and hugs.

Heather--Good picture of you and your brother. Great smiles.

Well ladies enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi, <3:'( to all those who are sad, grieving, and dealing with sickness of various kinds. My middle daughter has moved back home and is very depressed. She is coming with me to help choose the puppy. Lanette, I am just like you, I can't go and not come back with one, so I have to be very careful about what I go to look at in the first place, LOL. Make sure it ticks all the boxes. These pups are bulldog x. Here are the two we have to choose from: 83hnvod3113l.jpg
    akwphdxi3dbb.jpg
    <3 Wendy

I think I'm in love! Personality is, of course, all, but the white ear puppy melts my heart
  • SophieRosieMom
    ryenday wrote: »
    Hi, <3:'( to all those who are sad, grieving, and dealing with sickness of various kinds. My middle daughter has moved back home and is very depressed. She is coming with me to help choose the puppy. Lanette, I am just like you, I can't go and not come back with one, so I have to be very careful about what I go to look at in the first place, LOL. Make sure it ticks all the boxes. These pups are bulldog x. Here are the two we have to choose from: 83hnvod3113l.jpg
    akwphdxi3dbb.jpg
    <3 Wendy

I think I'm in love! Personality is, of course, all, but the white ear puppy melts my heart

Wendy
    - I am getting goosebumps!!!! <3 They are both adorable! <3 White one reminds a little of the dog on the Little Rascals (way before your time!). I think a new puppy will help lift your daughter's depression - I know having Rosie to cuddle with has really brought joy to our home and will keep my DH cheerful during the coming winter months.

I hope you hugged and smooched them both! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Yes, little Pirate Patch is what caught my eye too. The breeder says he is very energetic and playful while his brother is extremely affectionate and loving...My daughter is leaning towards the white boy, but we will decide when we meet them... <3 Wendy
  • SophieRosieMom
    Yes, little Pirate Patch is what caught my eye too. The breeder says he is very energetic and playful while his brother is extremely affectionate and loving...My daughter is leaning towards the white boy, but we will decide when we meet them... <3 Wendy

Ah, you haven't actually met them yet.... when are you going to go see them? Are they old enough to go to new homes?
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Isn't it Pirate day or something????? You have to get the one with the patch over his eye!

JanetR, do you rent out your husband?????? He is seriously talented. Is that how you are leaving it or will he stain it. It is beautiful just like that. What will you be using all those drawers for?

Talked my sister today. She doesn't want visitors today so I will see her tomorrow. Her speech is still a little hesitant but not confused. Her son told me las night she fell in the shower, she did not. She fell close to the bathroom, legs just gave out under her. She felt bad Sunday. So today they did MRI! She couldn't remember what they did the ultrasound on and an echocardiogram. Am still worried about her. This happens to many times. Feel she is going to have to swallow her pride and get some sort of life alert. I like the one that has a GPS. I remember the time so vividly when she was so lost and called me to try to help her get home.

Michelle said I can go with her to the doctor Thursday so I think I will.

Joyce, Indiana.