I can't post the words but urban dictionary came in handy

Hahahaha!! I think I know this one!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    These forums and MFP is dying.

They're winning

Unfortunately. Not near as fun as they use to be.

Agreed , the fun has been sucked out of them ..
    Ya gotta watch every freaking thing you say, warnings, flagging and bans rampant.

I figured out the other day how to see the posts I've received warnings for in the past... 2015-2016 mostly. They were so nasty I nearly fainted. The good old days!

There's some crazy flagger on a rampage again though (as I'm sure we've all noticed). Whoever is flagging everything (Chris Farley gifs?) should get a warning for being a nincompoop and party pooper. Or just banned for being a giant, steaming turd.

Lol right? There has to be a way for them to track chronic flaggers. You would think if there's a pattern, the nonsensical flaggers should be getting warnings.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

They're winning

Ya gotta watch every freaking thing you say, warnings, flagging and bans rampant.

I figured out the other day how to see the posts I've received warnings for in the past... 2015-2016 mostly. They were so nasty I nearly fainted. The good old days!

There's some crazy flagger on a rampage again though (as I'm sure we've all noticed). Whoever is flagging everything (Chris Farley gifs?) should get a warning for being a nincompoop and party pooper. Or just banned for being a giant, steaming turd.

Lol right? There has to be a way for them to track chronic flaggers. You would think if there's a pattern, the nonsensical flaggers should be getting warnings.

or the same person continuously flagging a certain person's posts like targeting them. That's bull *kitten*
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »

They're winning

or the same person continuously flagging a certain person's posts like targeting them. That's bull *kitten*

Exactly. I believe that is also called jealousy.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

They're winning

Totally agree..it's funny you say that.. I was looking at a few old threads the other day and I actually thought ..wow we'd never get away with saying that now.
    I think when people get stupid flags (all are in my opinion) that you should report your own post and say its not flagworthy and that the person is harrassing using the flag system. Whoever it is should get in trouble ..in theory!!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that it is impossible to try to stay friends and have cordial communications with my Ex! :confused:
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    It's still early, but today I learned I'm a complete *kitten* when my weekly routine is thrown off. All because of my stupid mistake. Can I kick my own *kitten*?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I learned today, after a conversation, that my feelings for someone are not mutual :|

Fun, isn't it?

This has happened too much, so I keep my feelings bottled up inside behind a fire/bullet proof wall.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a good source of protein. A standard serving packs five grams of it, about the equivalent of a handful of almonds or a half a cup of chickpeas.

- Half-pound cups are available. They're sold in a two pack and each is about the size of an apple.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a good source of protein. A standard serving packs five grams of it, about the equivalent of a handful of almonds or a half a cup of chickpeas.

- Half-pound cups are available. They're sold in a two pack and each is about the size of an apple.

This an excellent sales pitch and I'm way too susceptible to the suggestion. Yum.

Just doing my civic duty
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that in 1973 science historian James Burke predicted the widespread use of computers for business decisions, the creation of metadata banks of personal information, and changes in human behaviour, such as greater willingness to reveal personal information to strangers.

1pot4ek8c5qi.jpg
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL that in 1973 science historian James Burke predicted the widespread use of computers for business decisions, the creation of metadata banks of personal information, and changes in human behaviour, such as greater willingness to reveal personal information to strangers.

1pot4ek8c5qi.jpg

He looks sly.

Yeah. Real sneaky. You should check out the old TV show 'Connections' that he did...brilliant! I loved how he traced all of the historical steps from an 8th century Mongolian stirrup to the IBM mainframe computer. Fascinating...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL of the Mountains of Kong, a West African mountain range that was charted on maps for nearly a hundred years. It was later discovered that the mountains never existed and were made up by the original cartographer.

6anod03m531x.jpg
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL of the Mountains of Kong, a West African mountain range that was charted on maps for nearly a hundred years. It was later discovered that the mountains never existed and were made up by the original cartographer.

6anod03m531x.jpg

Had he seen the movie??
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    TIL a Hocus Pocus remake will be in the works. I'm not liking that idea.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    TIL a Hocus Pocus remake will be in the works. I'm not liking that idea.

It's according who's staring in it for me. There's certain actresses I could star at for an hour and a half no matter how bad the movie is. :p
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    TIL that 15 yr old girls are very selfish. Alright I already knew that but the face was reinforced this evening