55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    It is true that we are older- but we still have so much left to do in our lives for ourselves , Our God and others in our community. We must not allow what others say or do to have a negative effect on our efforts. As it was said earlier- we are WORTH it- Keep the fight and stay with the journey to a healthier happier person.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Please read this before you judge me. I was always thin. As a kid I was athletic. As a teen I was athletic. The most I weighed as an adult was 165# on the days I gave birth. I felt heavy at 145 when I kinda stopped losing the baby weight. Fast forward to my 50's. I quit smoking (2 packs a day) and discovered taste buds. Yes, everything tasted sooo good! I gained a pile of weight. I did not have a scale until I joined MFP so I am guessing I started around 130#...topped out at 190! Holy cow! I am happy to say I have been maintaining in the 10teens for the last couple of years. Of course, I exercise my brains out - running, walking, exercise videos, elliptical, though not all on the same day. Do I have to keep this up for the rest of my life? God, I hope not! Do I want to be heavy again? Big NO! I guess I am asking if there is a way around doing this for the rest of my life? Any suggestions?
    Oh, and fyi, canned the last of my tomatoes tonight. Banner year for them as well as berries and zucchini.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @mk2fit I think you've done a great job -- losing and in maintenance! If you're not happy with "exercising your brains out" then cut back on the exercising and find a happy medium between the eating and the exercise. I know that for me, I'll have to keep counting and exercising for the rest of my life or I'll regain. I don't want to regain so I'm content with knowing I can no longer eat what I want and do nothing. I'm not happy about it but there it is and it's not going to change. Logging is a pain in the bum, but the alternative, for me, is even worse. And PS absolutely no judging here, except to say that you are an awesome MFP friend and all around awesome person.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    @Jancandoit7 - I don't think you'll hear from @Pianorun, she's the original poster but deactivated her account in 2015. Posted with another account but has not checked in here in quite a while (posters, correct me if I'm wrong).

Just to let you know, I deactivated my pianorun account, and instead I signed up under this name (skyweigh) ... I regularly read all the posts, and love to do so. As for myself, I've been through a few different phases with my approach to health since 2015 (I'll spare you the details presently) I realize more than ever how important it is to lose excesses for a happy life. Sorry for being a lurker .... and best blessings and regards to all who have posted.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @luluinca, You are so right! It's about a lifestyle, not a "project/diet" with an end date--especially as we grow older. I workout (mostly w/weights) 3X a week w/a short (15 - 20 min) cardio session when I'm done. My main goal when I joined MFP was to lose abt 7lbs (+/-) and move toward a healthier lifestyle; ended up losing 11. I just turned 67 and plan on keeping this up as long as I can. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!