Are you over it?

beingmore1
beingmore1 Posts: 3,131 Member
I see on here a lot how people accuse others of needing a lot of self validation and attention. I can't speak for everyone, but I think a lot of us go through this phase in the weight loss/fitness/health journey. Did you go through it? Are you going through it now? Do you feel like you need to be seen and recognized in life and mfp helps you fulfill that need? Is it by posting a bunch of selfies? Getting quoted a lot? Having a lot of friends on your friends list? What fulfills your need for that self validation and attention? Why do you think you have this need at this point in your life?

If you went through a period where you needed more self validation and attention in your life than you do now, what caused the change? Are you thinner now? Are you more fit? Did you just find a balance in your life that transferred over to your entire well-being? Did you gain confidence in yourself and now you just don't need that validation anymore? How do you feel about those who still seem to need the self validation more than others? Are you critical or understanding? Why? Discuss. Keep it nice.

(remember it is possible that someone may disagree with you and your opinions. Disagreement is not a personal attack. Lets keep it real people.)

TL/DR version...are you needy with the self validation and attention? were you at some point? what changed? are you critical or supportive of others who are still needy? why? Be respectful.

Replies

• BabyJane771
    BabyJane771 Posts: 117 Member
    definitely still firmly in the needy camp as much as it pains me to admit it. Whilst I am at my target now and happy and confident about the way I look I just can't seem to shift the need for validation from strangers online.

maybe its turning 40 this year, or the fact that my children are beginning to fly the nest as well as the significant weight loss that's messing with my head. I seriously never used to be this needy.

reading your post has been really helpful and I'm glad to hear you've come out the other side so to speak
  • BabyJane771
    edited October 2017
    guess I just have to hope for life to stop giving me lemons then :)

edited to add : or learn to get over myself lol
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I have days where I am filled with confidence and then I have days that I am extremely emotionally needy. It happens.

I think, for me, it's caused by the fact that I got loads of validation while I was losing weight because because could see the amount of change. Now that I'm sort of in maintenance all that is over and I get very little validation/encouragement and I sometimes miss that.

@BabyJane771 you look damn good. I dont know what your before pics look like but well done on how you look now.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I have days where I am filled with confidence and then I have days that I am extremely emotionally needy. It happens.

I think, for me, it's caused by the fact that I got loads of validation while I was losing weight because because could see the amount of change. Now that I'm sort of in maintenance all that is over and I get very little validation/encouragement and I sometimes miss that.

@BabyJane771 you look damn good. I dont know what your before pics look like but well done on how you look now.
    Thanks you
    97uh8f9j5qqk.jpg
    3bmf20igqije.jpg

:) YOU did amazingly :) Well done. You should be very proud of what you have achieved and how you look.
  • Morgaen73
    I get my validation from my wife.

When I compliment my wife her reaction is usually "Your just saying that cause it's in your job description" lol

• BabyJane771
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I get my validation from my wife.

When I compliment my wife her reaction is usually "Your just saying that cause it's in your job description" lol

I say that a lot too, guess us women are impossible to please