msjloraine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Heather, pleased to meet you. I adore London and really all of the UK. <3
  • smudjiemfp
    smudjiemfp Posts: 23 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Happy October Everyone!

I had been gone from fitness pal for a while but recently returned and have been working on my goals on my own, Until I realized I had been part of this group:) so I’ve lost all but one friend in my friend list so I’d like to add some more for support, chat, challenges or just to be friends.
    I will be 53 in a couple of weeks and my main exercise is walking although I enjoyAqua fit and my Leslie Sansone DVDs as well. I am still a heavy woman but hoping to change that.

please feel free to message me or add me as a friend.

1. Walk at least 2km a day (60km goal this month)
    2. Get 7 hours of sleep a night
    3. Eat two fruits daily
    4. Drink 60 oz water daily
    5. Drink less Iced tea
    6. Hug & kiss my hunny often

exercise.png

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We on this thread have agreed on several occasions to not voice opinions on hot topics like politics and religion and we all do our best to follow that. Even so, from time to time someone will say something they think is not a hot topic and it strikes a chord of opposition from others. I hope we can continue to weather these storms and maintain our loving support and encouragement of each other. I live in a neighborhood that doesn't allow political signs in front of houses but occasionally someone parks their car in their driveway with a bumper sticker that sickens me and it reminds me of how much I am accustomed to being in a controversy-free environment. That's why I stay away from Facebook.

:) I slept late and woke up feeling great but the dogs got a somewhat shorter walk.

<3 Barbie from chilly NW Washington

Barbie - thank you for the reminder! I agree - I have always considered this group a "safe" place free from controversy. We get bombarded politics and opinions every time we open the internet, turn on the news, or even try to have a conversation with a grumpy spouse, child, or friend. No wonder we binge at times, lol. Thank you again for making this a safe forum for these great ladies!

This morning I did my strength training in my unheated "workout room" which used to be the potting shed. It was 42 degrees in there but no problem, I wore gloves and actually increased weights a little from 8# to 10# on the second set.

I turned on the radio out there, and they were playing a medley of Tom Petty songs. :( . I wasn't his biggest fan but did enjoy some of his tunes. I especially liked him in the "Traveling Wilburys" group - Roy Orbison. "Handle me with Care" will be my earworm today. :p

I have a large chuck roast in the crockpot right now with potatoes and carrots. It will feed us for a few days and me for a week of lunches or topping for my nightly salad. DH hit it with the "meat needler" so hopefully it will be tenderized a tad.

Question - do any of you eat peanut butter as a carb alternative, especially to stop a binge? I was hungry after supper so had a spoonful of Adams natural peanut butter. It seemed to do the trick and stuck with me for a long time!

It was a little frosty at our house this morning - great sleeping weather.

Gotta run the pup to the groomer in a few minutes for a bath and spruce up.

Have a great day all!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    Barbie I'm alot like you.I like to fly under the radar...
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

MtnMom77, welcome. We are all shapes, sizes, weights and in different points of our journey. I think you will find this group very supportive and inspirational. You would not bring us down, we would bring you up! So just start posting. What do you want to be called?

Joyce, I would have given that young man help too. When I see someone ask for monetary help, I give what I can (even if it is the change in my pocket as I don’t usually carry cash). I always think, but what if they really do need the help and I didn’t do anything. As you say I will never know for sure but my mind is more peaceful knowing I did.

Margaret, I think with your last sentence you tied your story to weight loss. Also, what a lovely way to display the post cards.

Rye, I knew not everyone would like the sign, but I believe you never meant to offend anyone. That’s not you. I agree, sometimes you have to just sit back. Please stay with us and post again when you feel you can..

Lenora, sounds like that dr is off his rocker both at home and at work. Sound like Louis needs a second opinion.

Yvonne, I know what you mean. It sometimes feels like the whole world has gone crazy. My DH listens to or reads about the news whenever he is awake. He reads papers from the US, Spain, England and others I probably don’t know about. Of course he is obsessed about what is happening in PR right now with his family struggling there. So he keeps telling me all these things until I have to tell him to stop and that I can’t hear anymore. It gets too overwhelming. He is very respectful and will stop.

Machka, the botanical gardens sound wonderful and the pictures are absolutely beautiful! You are a very good photographer.Thanks for the recipe.

Katla, I’ve undone stitching before. It’s frustrating.

HeatherUS, sound like you are having a wonderful b-day and a good nights sleep. I love your story about the Devil’s D-y-k-e. It must have been a very interesting place. And I love pubs (even if I don’t drink)

NYKaren, ((HUGS)) about your bruising. I hope they find out the cause soon. Sounds like you have a wonderful eating plan that I think you will be able to stick to. Enjoy your sisters b-day celebration.

Allie, I’m glad you are going to walk the dogs when Tom isn’t there. Less stress.

Bjrobinson, your weight loss has been an inspiration to me. You must be so proud of yourself (as you should be). I know you will get to the weight you want. I don’t have a set weight. I’m just going to lose until I feel good.

Janice, Hi and welcome. Thanks for the info on yourself. Sounds like you have a plan that works for you. I can’t wait for you first book to come out. This is a good group to join if you need support both weight wise and life wise. These ladies come from around the world and post fast and furious. Don’t get discouraged is you can keep up or who is who. I’m fairly new too and am now starting to remember what stories go to who. Just jump in anytime you feel like posting.

Smudjiemfp, Welcome to the group again!

Word from my SIL is that they are holding their own in PR. Every time I eat something I think of them scrounging for food. My thoughts and prayers go out the families affected by the shooting in Las Vegas.

Back to work, Terry in VT where the trees are starting to turn colors.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lanette I love a tbsp of peanut butter, low salt and no sugar to help curb my night time eating. Also stewed fruit when I have it made ahead of time.

So my platelette count is abnormally low :s I will have to see a hematologist asap. I do have a weird kind of issue with my blood, always have, so I'm not surprised. I've been fairly normal lately, in my early 20s I had some issues and the doctors had to keep me under careful watch, but I seem to have leveled off. Now, who knows, but will follow up and keep a close watch.

NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Um..... not sure people understood that when I talked about filling the national brand container with a store brand I was talking about AT HOME, not by trying to steal or scam from the store. I would never do that. That's called theft. I just tricked my children who wanted the name brand.

Marcelyn
    who agrees with Mary in Arizona by the way

Yeah, that is what I was talking about too! I don't switch name brands to store brands AT THE STORE!!! Haha....I got scruples dontcha know!

Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    bSueBDew in TX , Oh dear, in reality I am a fair baker, but in my mind I am a master baker! Oh sheesh, don't say that out loud, it sounds wrong!! Hahaha!
    Becca
    A bawdy Lady in
    Oregon!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DH hit it with the "meat needler" so hopefully it will be tenderized a tad.

Lanette ~ What is a meat needler?

Just curious!

Carol in GA
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    5qq3z790yhnd.jpg
    My Mom, Betty Crocker, or some people said she looked like Polly Bergen!
    Becca
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Rye - Wow, I'd hate to meet Diedre today if she was allowed to continue on those line throughout her childhood. I'll bet she's one heck of an "entitled" woman. It's probably all about her. She wouldn't be in my circle of friends.

Marcelyn
    hearing thunder in Houston
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    =========
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Rye and Mary)))

Becca ~ Your mom does look like a Betty Crocker housewife. I know mine was! With 5 children she worked a lot outside the home, made special dresses when I had a recital or for church occasions, refinished furniture and floors, made lined drapery, decorated cakes, painted china, and taught Sunday School! I wish she and my dad had devoted more time to us children and let some of the other go by the wayside.

Keeping the grand daughter today as she must have a stomach bug. We have watched hours of "Horrid Henry". I just wish I was more like Kelly and could think of great things to do with her. We did learn to cut out snowflakes and I did print out some coloring pages for her.

Carol from GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Rye! I will play pin the tail on the donkey with you anytime!

Karen in Virginia

I know. That made me so sad. :cry:

I was a December birthday, though, so we played pin the nose on Rudolph. Lol

Love you, Rye. That was beautifully and touchingly written.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon