55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    OK, here is my big question of the day. This is the 55-65 year old womens success thread. @GaleHawkins @stevencloser and @mmapags what are you doing here? Any of you ladies (real ones) want to form an invitation only group, let me know.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    OK, here is my big question of the day. This is the 55-65 year old womens success thread. @GaleHawkins @stevencloser and @mmapags what are you doing here? Any of you ladies (real ones) want to form an invitation only group, let me know.

I visit from time to time to support many of the wonderful ladies that post here! I hope that is a satisfactory explanation. A valid question though.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,368 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 & have always been active. I've always done my own thing at the gym plus water aerobics & zumba (a bit slower for seniors) but my gym cancelled all the regular classes & put their own classes in place. They are hiit classes & I started June 12, 3 days/wk. I loved doing them & did the best I could & gradually improved & got stronger. After the Sept 12 class I started being aware of my heart beating & noticed an irregular beat now & then. I'm in good health & my heart is good so I got lab tests & saw my Dr. to see what was going on, she said the heart will do whatever we demand of it but sometimes under protest, so I quit going to those classes but sure do miss them. I'm thinking about talking to the trainer to figure out how i can still go but do a little less
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Skyweigh wrote: »
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    @Jancandoit7 - I don't think you'll hear from @Pianorun, she's the original poster but deactivated her account in 2015. Posted with another account but has not checked in here in quite a while (posters, correct me if I'm wrong).

Just to let you know, I deactivated my pianorun account, and instead I signed up under this name (skyweigh) ... I regularly read all the posts, and love to do so. As for myself, I've been through a few different phases with my approach to health since 2015 (I'll spare you the details presently) I realize more than ever how important it is to lose excesses for a happy life. Sorry for being a lurker .... and best blessings and regards to all who have posted.

Well, hi, @Skyweigh! So happy to see that you're still among us. I was still losing weight when I first posted on your thread back in 2015. I couldn't remember your new account name and was too lazy to read back through the posts. Did you ever think that your thread would have such a long life? Blessings and regards back at you.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @Skyweigh, welcome back!! Found this back in 2015 and really love the posts. Like you had some issues at the end of 2015, beginning of 2016 and had to re-group. Glad you're back. B)
  • StepWise123
    StepWise123 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What an interesting and inspiring thread!
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @Skyweigh, originally known as pianorun; I'm sure when you started this thread you had no idea that you would bring together such a group of women and a few men who were all looking for answers, but mostly, I think, a little support in a journey that takes us down many roads but in the same direction. Thank you for asking that first question that caught my eye nearly two years ago when I first joined MFP.

@Shron123 I agree wholeheartedly that we all must find our own path and to be honest, I have been reading up on the LCHF diet before you mentioned it above and it does make some sense. I just read a book called The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung that basically states that obesity is an hormone controlled issue. I have tried to stick to reading science based current materials and I must admit I am leaning towards LCHF and realized that much of the changes I have made in my diet while losing 85 pounds have headed me in that direction quite by accident. My husband recently spent half a day in the emergency room while we were on vacation and his triglycerides seem to be pointing him in the direction of type 2 diabetes, a place neither of us want to spend our "golden" years. Thus began my research into diet changes to head off diabetes.

Before anyone decides that I am promoting my "fad" diet, try to remember that we are here to get and give support. Hopefully, by this age we can live and let live. I have greatly appreciated the support I have received here in my ongoing quest for good health. May you each find your way to your healthiest you! Remember, you are not too old and it is not too late! You are worth it!
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    AnnPT: You make good points!
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would go to a mechanic
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!