October 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @Ryokat Ack! I've seen a couple little frogs lately too but they jumped away from me. I cannot imagine squashing one!
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Coach had a bunch of running drills on the schedule for today (search youtube for "Lauren Fleshman running drills" for them) as they managed to get my heart rate up mid-run. My form was OK, but I could feel some lateral pressure on my legs & ankles with some but I didn't roll any. Still, it was otherwise a relatively light/easy day, as I'm still ramping back up on my mileage & distance. Got in 6 miles total with the drills, as I botched the garmin connect workout and had to restart it 1 mile in.

10/1 - 6 miles (Sunday night football)
    10/3 - 6 miles (w. lots of odd drills & strides)

Total: 12 miles
    Goal: 130 miles
    Remaining: 118 mile

Race Schedule:
    6/4 - Ironman 70.3 Raleigh - 4:43:57 (w. 1:36:35 HM) - Qualified for 70.3 World Championship
    8/26 - Ironman Coeur D'Alene - 10:16:55 (3:33:17 Marathon) - 21/1106 OA, 6/137 AG
    9/10 - Ironman 70.3 World Championship - 4:57:25 (1:37:23 HM) - 150/470 AG, 877/2815 OA
    12/10 - Holiday Halfathon (13.1)
    1/6/18 - HITS Naples Half (70.3)
    1/28/18 - Miami Marathon
    4/16/18 - Boston Marathon
    9/9/18 - Ironman Wisconsin

@ddmom0811 - Happy Birthday!
    @skippygirlsmom - Took a few days to get over the Kona thing, but really no big regrets, I was happy to make it to the 70.3 World Championships this year, and I wasn't expecting to make it to Kona for another year or two as my swim is still pretty mediocre.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    10/1 - Rest
    10/2 - Rest
    10/3 - 5 miles treadmill before weight lifting

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run marathon (First marathon... goal 4:10)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    So my goal for the month is 45 miles. I have a lot going on this month, including visiting my mom and my brother this month, and going to a few concerts.

Speaking of which, so devastated by what happened over the weekend. As a concert goer, I can't imagine being sprayed by bullets when I am out trying to enjoy the sights and a great music festival. Who would have ever suspected that that would happen at an event...a sniper from a nearby hotel. Just makes me sick to think about it.

In addition, Tom Petty unexpectedly dies from a cardiac event. My husband and I saw him in April in Nashville, TN. He was great as always, and showed no signs of slowing down or stopping his touring. He had promised releasing some music that he was going to revise from his "Wildflower" days. Just shocked by the news!

October 2nd.....4 miles run.....this is a recovery run from the half marathon that I ran over the weekend. My quads were super tight and sore. The run helped decrease my soreness, and......take my mind off everything.

My girlfriend was supposed to meet me at the gym today...I feel like I should so more cross training but she didn't feel like it and cancelled. I should have gone by myself...just couldn't get motivated.

Plan to do a long run on Thursday. Probably 8 or 9 miles.

10/2...4 miles.
    Goal is 45 miles.

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Out for my regular run tonight. Kind of a sad run. I don't think I've ever seen as many suicidal toads and snakes in my entire life as I have over the past three weeks. Toads jumping across the sidewalk right in front of me as I'm running and snakes winding alongside of me and attempting to cross my path. Well after three weeks of successfully dodging reptiles and amphibians (accompanied by close calls for a sprained ankle, as well as undignified squeaks of alarm from me), I finally helped a toad find its wings tonight. Poor thing.

October 3rd - 4.03 miles

October total - 12.18/75 miles

exercise.png

Gee that's weird....was their ecosystem disrupted? I haven't seen a toad or snake in 30 years probably except in a zoo. I got excited the other day when a praying mantis landed on my windshield in a parking lot. (I relocated him to a tree.)
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hoping for 25 miles this month
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    6.2 miles easy

exercise.png

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    @navygrrl OH NO!!!! Hope it heals quickly.
    @ddmom0811 Happy Birthday!!!! I ran on my birthday too. People thought I was crazy. Maybe I am.

So I put out a very short race report on the Sept thread for the 5k on Saturday. Nothing major really. It was hot and being a noob, I am slow. But BEER. LOL. Cold, fresh awesome Rahr&Sons Octoberfest beer.

I met last months goal with 32.31/30. I am going to make this month 35. I have SPAM on the 14th after a craft fair that I am doing and I have another 5k on the 21st. This one is much more family oriented so I am excited to have my boys come out and join.

2017 Races Scheduled
    9/30 - Rahr & Sons Octoberfest 5k (goal to just !run all the way through) - Fort Worth - 43:59

10/14 AIM at Melanoma 5k HAWAIIANS LOVE S.P.A.M. (Skin Protection Against Melanoma) - virtual for HI running club friend

10/21 - Halloween Half - 5k - Fort Worth

11/23- Keller Trot with the Turkeys 5k

12/9 - NISD Reindeer Romp 5k with the kids

Impressive performance in September! Good luck with all of the races! :)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    3 miles this morning, 10 for the month so far.

exercise.png

Upcoming race - 10/28 Halloween Hunt 5 Miler
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    October Running Challenge
    Goal: 80 km
    Ran: 15 /80 km

4/10/17 Run 7 km
    3/10/17 Run 9 km
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 happy birthday! You did better than me for running on your birthday, I didn’t even THINKING about it. Mind you, on my 40th I went to Tyne Cot war cemetery and Menin Gate just because a friend said I ought to cry on my birthday.....
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oct. 3 - 1k run and 4k walk with an elevation gain of 308ft.
    MTD : 13.7k
    Today will be a rest day.
    Happy running everyone!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Out for my regular run tonight. Kind of a sad run. I don't think I've ever seen as many suicidal toads and snakes in my entire life as I have over the past three weeks. Toads jumping across the sidewalk right in front of me as I'm running and snakes winding alongside of me and attempting to cross my path. Well after three weeks of successfully dodging reptiles and amphibians (accompanied by close calls for a sprained ankle, as well as undignified squeaks of alarm from me), I finally helped a toad find its wings tonight. Poor thing

Poor thing indeed.

Near me there is a road which is shut during toad-crossing season, to allow the toads to get to wherever they need to be without being squished by cars
  • springtimez
    springtimez Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    10/2- 2 miles
    10/3- 2 miles
    Total 4 so far.