Laboring Towards Labor Day (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Sorry blue team - I stayed up instead of dropping, back at start of this challenge - will do better and drop this week!

Starting Weight: 222
    Goal Weight: 207

7/01: 222.0
    7/10: 221.8
    7/18: 221.4
    7/24: 221.4
    8/01: 222.0
    8/08:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/05: GOAL 207
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Go RED TEAM!
    quote]
    Starting Weight: 173
    Goal Weight: 155

7/05: 173
    7/11: 171.0
    7/18:170.0
    7/25:170.0
    8/02:171.8
    8/09
    8/16
    8/23
    8/30
    9/05

Sorry Red Team- I gained this week, Vocation and TOM. Next week will be better week.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So I tell my husband that I am going to lose a pound this week and be in the 194s. So what does he do 10 minuites later:grumble: , he goes out and gets a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream. *kitten* So my personal challege this week is to not eat any ice cream and lose weight.....stupid man...:explode:
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    7/01: 161.something
    7/11: 164.4 (sorry team)
    7/18: 164.0
    7/25: 164.8
    8/01: 165 (it's hard to post this weight, I'd much rather just lie! lol..sorry team. :frown: I'm clearly the weak link here.....)
    8/08:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    9/05: GOAL 150

I'm not going to make excuses, but we just got back from another vacation at the lake which involves doing nothing but drinking and floating! Not eating horrible, but drinking much more than what is healthy for weight loss! This madness MUST stop, it's time to get my *kitten* in gear.....sorry blue team, Mondays just aren't a great weigh day after the weekend's activities. I'm going to post each loss I have regardless of the day, just to keep myself motivated instead of beating myself up after enjoying the weekends. Three pounds a week would get me to meet my goal, but it's not very realistic. Two maybe....one and a half a definite possibility.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    well we seem to have come to a crossroads this week...we ALL need to kick it in gear this week from wk 5-9 to get close to our goals....let's do this ladies...

this week was pretty dismal overall for everyone...it would have been worse had i posted my vacation gain...i will post whatever next week's weight is....

bifdiehl is this week's biggest loser with 1.01% lost
    Teal Team is this week's biggest loser team with .19% lost

dixedreg is the biggest loser to date with 3.38% lost
    Orange Team is the biggest loser to date with 1.64% lost

this week overall we GAINED 1 lb bringing our total LOST to 40.5 in 4 weeks...we can do this folks, we just need to get our head in the game.....BIFDIEHL and TEAL TEAM can you please come up with a challenge for the group so we can get refocused on reaching our goals in the next 5 weeks?????

thanks and i hope to see less of you next week - weight wise not people (i did drop arlene off cause she has been missing for almost 3wks now)

LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallengeteams81.jpg
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    :::Orange Team:::

And everyone! We can do this if we focus. I'm pushing myself to burn minimum 400 cals a day working out. I'm also keeping a close eye on sodium and FORCING myself to drink the stupid water. :sad: I HATE DRINKING THE WATER!

Denise you are awesome! Thanks for all you do!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Green Team:
    Well rode my bike twice this weekend and I walked alot just
    to get to the clubhouse washrooms for showers and such.
    I did gain as I knew I would, we ate in a restraurant too which
    you know the sodium will be up. I hope to lose some of that and
    I will be at it again. No more club cruises this summer just
    cruising on our own and I know I can make better choices.
    I hope to get a better weight next week or at least be down some.
    Thanks for all your patience Green Team it has been a battle
    but then I am having a rockin time this summer with all the
    great weather we are having. Hot hot hot. :bigsmile:
    Smooth sailing next week I hope and everyone Good Luck. !!!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Denise - you're right! I've decided my motto for this week is..."I'm Going from Dismal to DETERMINED!"
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am focused and i am going to push myself to get to my goal for this challenge ! I know it might mean me losing 2 pounds a week but i can get it done !
    Congrats to Team Teal for being the winners this week ! We are doing so wonderful Team Teal !
    I am going to go ahead and put a challenge up here i hope the other 2 girls dont mind .
    Exercise at least 45 minutes each day
    and Drink at least 8 cups of water daily . May not be that hard challenges but the challenges help me stay on track better !
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    After posting my .2 gain, I weighed in this morning back to my 164.8, so I'm either the same for last week, or already down for next week! Getting it in gear! GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!!! We can do it!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

Thats the way Sonja!

Jennifer No worries... were only 1/2 way through the challenge!

GO- GO- GO- BLUE
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    well we seem to have come to a crossroads this week...we ALL need to kick it in gear this week from wk 5-9 to get close to our goals....let's do this ladies...

this week was pretty dismal overall for everyone...it would have been worse had i posted my vacation gain...i will post whatever next week's weight is....

bifdiehl is this week's biggest loser with 1.01% lost
    Teal Team is this week's biggest loser team with .19% lost

dixedreg is the biggest loser to date with 3.38% lost
    Orange Team is the biggest loser to date with 1.64% lost

this week overall we GAINED 1 lb bringing our total LOST to 40.5 in 4 weeks...we can do this folks, we just need to get our head in the game.....BIFDIEHL and TEAL TEAM can you please come up with a challenge for the group so we can get refocused on reaching our goals in the next 5 weeks?????

thanks and i hope to see less of you next week - weight wise not people (i did drop arlene off cause she has been missing for almost 3wks now)

LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallengeteams81.jpg

Next week will be better!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i HAS to be!!!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    B Positive!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I know we are all down - we just all need to get re-committed to our game plans. We can and WE WILL DO THIS! Go-Go-Go to ALL the teams - we all need to keep going and never give up!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Denise, did you not get my weigh in? I posted it but it doesn't show up on the chart (not that it matters since it is a 0.2 lb loss and we already won the week). Thanks for all your hard work!

OK, that IS sad that our team won the week with a 1.2 lb loss team total. Summer is hard. I'm plateauing which is frustrating because I exercise at least 6 days per week and staying under my cal goal. Hopefully this week will reflect my hard work. Kristen, I think it's only appropriate you make the challenge since you were the biggest loser in the group.

We all can do it! Go Teal Team!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i guess i didnt...sorry...i have updated it now so it reflects correctly for next week...sorry....
    Denise, did you not get my weigh in? I posted it but it doesn't show up on the chart (not that it matters since it is a 0.2 lb loss and we already won the week). Thanks for all your hard work!

OK, that IS sad that our team won the week with a 1.2 lb loss team total. Summer is hard. I'm plateauing which is frustrating because I exercise at least 6 days per week and staying under my cal goal. Hopefully this week will reflect my hard work. Kristen, I think it's only appropriate you make the challenge since you were the biggest loser in the group.

We all can do it! Go Teal Team!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    August Challenge for Green Team:

1 ) At least walk everyday weather permitting, if not,
    do some sort of exercise at home for at least
    30 mins. :smile:
    2) Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. :smile:
    3) Watch your sodium intake:smile:
    4) Increase your fiber, more veges and fruit. :smile:
    5) Add beans to your salads:smile:

Put some cayenne pepper on your veges to boost your metabolism.

:bigsmile: Brandi and Crystal if you have some suggestions for me let me know.
    We can do this. I know summer's are hard but lets get our bodies in shape.
    Just think how great we will look in our bathing suits. :drinker:

GO GREEN TEAM !!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great job Dana and Natalie you ladies rock!!! I will make it up to you this week for sure!

Let's go everyone harder than ever let's knock these last 5 weeks out the box I am definitely doing my share restarted P90X and continuing my zumba classes and riding my bike!!
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    August Challenge for Green Team:

1 ) At least walk everyday weather permitting, if not,
    do some sort of exercise at home for at least
    30 mins. :smile:
    2) Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. :smile:
    3) Watch your sodium intake:smile:
    4) Increase your fiber, more veges and fruit. :smile:
    5) Add beans to your salads:smile:

Put some cayenne pepper on your veges to boost your metabolism.

:bigsmile: Brandi and Crystal if you have some suggestions for me let me know.
    We can do this. I know summer's are hard but lets get our bodies in shape.
    Just think how great we will look in our bathing suits. :drinker:

GO GREEN TEAM !!
    Okay, so I'm going to the store in the morning, and I am going to get some cayenne pepper...not really sure if that is in the spice department? I never use it...I am not really into spicy food, but I will try this for sure. (especially if it helps the metabolism) As for the beans on salads...I think that is a great idea! I will also buy more veggies and up my protein and lower my carb intake again...that actually seemed to help when I did it last week!!! I will also PROMISE to get in a walk daily...and up my water intake. I love to walk ... so this shouldn't be an issue. Thanks Shirley!!!!