Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Boy, what is it about some mother's who feel they have to tell their own daughters that they aren't good mom's or that they need to just get over the loss of a baby???? Family is supposed to look after each other, and if we girls can't depend on our mom's for support.... All I can say is thank heavens for mothers in law and aunts who are there with words of wisdom or even just a hug!
    Well today was kind of a train wreck for me. My boss, who is a great woman, brought candy that was left over from a fundraiser into the office. She also decided that she should bring Halloween candy in! And of course I'm powerless when faced with chocolate!! lol So glad I don't work again til Friday! lol Ah well, tomorrow is another day. I will be cooking turkey dinner, looking forward to seeing our ds, dil and our precious grandson. He's almost 16 mos and just adorable! I guess I should go do a few things to get ready for tomorrow, try and make tomorrow a less hectic day.
    Evelyn from Vancouver Island.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,934 Member
    Options
    So here's a question for you all ...

What brought you to MFP? Why MFP? Why calorie logging?

For me ... I had reached a weight where I felt old and dumpy (at 48 years old ) and I couldn't do the type of cycling I liked anymore. At first I thought I was just going to resign myself to old age and the sofa .... but the sofa wasn't very comfortable with the extra weight .... and I didn't like being inactive. Plus I was only 48!

I have logged my food on and off since I was 17, but hadn't in a few years and figured there might be a better program available than what I had been using. I asked on my cycling forum ... two were suggested ... I checked out the other one and discovered they only had USA foods in their database. Well that was useless ...so I signed up here in Feb 2015. :)

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lots of excitement with the babies!!!!! Hope the sudden arrival does well and hope the distressed twin gets better and keep that Mom away! They are supposed to be supportive.

Why did I come to MFP???? I can't remember when it was but I was searching the internet for calorie counting sites and found MFP. At first I just did the calorie counting and then did some posting in some of the general forums but I didn't get a,omg with em. There were to many of them that a
    Wanted to eat terrible food with complete abandonment and then excersise the dickins and they would magically go away. The didn't like it when this cardiac nurse told them that the calories may go away but you can't get rid of that bad fat. It still goes to the arteries and beyond. So. Left those forums and then in the motivation forums saw you guys!!!!!! It was wonderful. My age, no one telling me I am ignorant and giving me encouragement. Why would I want to leave. So I have been here many years. Not as long as Barbie, but a lot.

Tonight at the grocery store Charlie was looking at the price of Halloween candy. He didn't appreciate my idea of closing the curtains and not turning on he lights. He said those kids depend n us! With all the Trunk or Treat, going to the Mall and other places hat give away candy, they don't need us. I know we can buy it and just give away a .ot of it to the kids but what are we doing to the kids? And a big part of it is that as I go downstairs to give them candy, m hand just naturally goes to the bowl and gives me candy. So buy candy you don't like you say. That doesn't go over with Charlie. You buy the kind of candy you do like so there is leftover! That's the main reason for Halloween!!!!!!! So I don't know what is going to happen. He just delights in going down to the door and seeing the kids and asking them what kind of cans they want.

Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - Adorable photo of your littles.

Josephine - Wonderful NSVs , being told "you are beautiful" and that your smile is lovely and uplifting. I'd be walking on air.

Kate - Loving your jazzy trainers.

Terry - Nice NSV from your co-worker.

Mary - So glad that Baby Brady has his clean bill of health.

Katla - Glad your DH's results were good.
    How lucky you are to have been on a Tennessee Walker. I hope you are invited again.

Wendy - Thanks for the poem.

It was an interesting, busy weekend. My niece, Kate, was a breath taking bride. Oh.....that gown was exquisite and fit her like a second skin. Sexy, sophisticated and sensational. Our little flower girls were so cute and were so serious about their jobs. I will post photos when I can.

Sharing a hotel room with their was uncomfortable. We each stayed in separate beds and on Saturday night I was joined by my 2 gorgeous granddaughters.

We went to the gift opening and I think they got everything they wanted including a new toilet.

Back to work in the morning. I ate and drank far too much on this wedding weekend.

We went out for our Thanksgiving dinner. What a mistake. First time in my life that I have ever been out for Thanksgiving turkey dinner. What was I thinking? It wasn't good.

Posting a wedding photo of my Mom and Dad. I feel as if I am failing for the 2nd time around. "You don't divorce, you work it out" Keeps ringing in my head. I would love that but only if I am treated better. This weekend in Calgary felt like that ship had sailed. I can only control myself and that is what I am going to do. A lot will depend on what he truly wants and if he can ever admit that some of this is his fault. I don't want to live out the rest of my life unhappy.
    Ok, I will post that photo when I find it. Lol

-Sharon feeling confused in Lethbridge.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Sharon - Big hugs for you as you find the best way to enjoy the rest of your life! <3<3<3

Marcelyn - Enjoying yourself is hard work! I was knackered when I came home from our week away. Had to take a nap!
    That was amazing about the baby. I always said, if I ever had another one I would have to camp outside the hospital. :D

Our painter is here finishing off bits and pieces. We really enjoy his company so that's great. He is 70 and just returned from a trip to Rome for his birthday. Right now his mother is entering her terminal phase in a nursing home. The whole family are congregating to say farewell, so he was glad to come to work.

This afternoon I am shopping for a ham hock to make black bean soup. Yum! You don't actually have to soak the beans for the IP, but I have. I am not weighing myself until Wednesday to let some of the bloat disappear. I do feel as if I have put on weight and am expecting at least a pound of real fat. Hope I can shift it quickly as I am going away with "the girls" later in the month to Glasgow. Want to look my best.

Alcohol free day today - that will be a shock to the system. :o>:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

Machka I kept one pair of those late 1980 jeans that actually fit my body - unfortunately the size is probably smaller than I’ll ever get into again. The good news is when I hit goal weight I’m going to a ‘Master Tailor’ and I’m going to have him make me proper pants in that style. I have a jar of change we are saving for that very purpose. And when I lose a pound we are putting in a dollar bill. My waist is currently 13 inches smaller than my thighs. Pants that can get over my ‘thunder thighs” and hips usually gape at the waistband enough that my husband can put two fists inside the waistband with me with room to spare. I’m a big fan of “A” line skirts. Lol.

I have a pair too ... my favourite pair that I got when I was about 17. I was very slender back in those days so they fit comfortably then.

I got back into them in my early 30s, but unfortunately they weren't in style, so I only wore them a few times.

I almost got into them about 18 months ago too. I needed to drop about 5 lbs to do it ... but ... kind of went the other way instead. Oops!

M

• Machka9
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Another busy Monday: work, university, spinning class and lots of walking.

And busy days ahead.

My last SQL class is next Monday, and I've got a test that day.
    My final exam is November 3.
    My husband and I are starting an 8-week Spanish class next week, one evening each week.
    We've got two weekends of cycling events coming up at the end of October.
    We've potentially got two or three weekends of cycling events coming up in November.
    I'm starting that step challenge next Monday.
    And I've signed up for my next university course - a 5 week summer course in January. I'm trying to pick up the pace by taking 3 courses in 2018 instead of just two.
    Plus I've started putting together my "Things To Do" list for my downtime (haha) in November and December.

And work! Almost forgot ... and the new training at work! :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Having a luxurious morning sleeping in!!! DH and I had a fun weekend “leaf peeping” in the Hudson Valley-though not in full color-still beautiful.

Made yogurt in IP and I will NEVER eat store brand yogurt again! Gonna spend today puttering, hit the gym and getting ducks in a row for the week

NYKAREN
  • oliveglave
    oliveglave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Thanks Barbie for the thread :)

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    :h
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Michele - Question for you! You keep saying you are making food for when Steve comes. Who is Steve and when is he coming?

Had a bad tummy yesterday. Thought I had what the granddaughter had earlier in the week but finally decided it was because I had eaten quite a bit of flaked coconut that didn't agree with me.

Healing thoughts to all who are ailing. Special thoughts for Beth's baby niece.

Carol in GA
  • oliveglave
    oliveglave Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to community. I did ok in Sept but Oct hasn't started out well at all. I struggle with depression so I have trouble eating healthy, being active, and even logging in. Any suggestions? I guess my goal for Oct has to be to be consistent.