Such a thing as guy "friends"?

Options

Replies

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Men and women can definitely be friends without wanting to get into each others pants...I have had several female friends who I did not want to climb into bed with. Some wanted it, some didn't. It's just a part of honest communicating. Once you establish a basis in friendship, communication is much easier. And the best relationship is when they are both friends and lovers...
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Yes, i have plenty of female friends that i haven't thought of getting into their pants. But if they were to want me to get into their pants i probably would, because well.... I'm a guy.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's so hard saying no to a blow-job.
  • deanowatt11
    deanowatt11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think you can just have a friendship but if you find the friend physically attractive then there will always be that thought. You may never act upon it for fear of rejection or already in a relationship, but the thought would be there. Even if it's just the once. If you are not attracted to them then you will probably never think of them as anything other than a friend.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    You'd think that us wanting to get into your pants and being denied would just make us better quality friends. Like we try harder. :)

I'd not thought of it this way :laugh:
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    my best friend is a guy...but he's also gay. sooooo...
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You'd think that us wanting to get into your pants and being denied would just make us better quality friends. Like we try harder. :)

Nice logic. I need to reject before even asked so I have the best of friends lol
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Nice logic. I need to reject before even asked so I have the best of friends lol

But make it a slightly ambiguous rejection, leaving only a shred of hope. Otherwise, I'm definitely not coming to give you a lift home from the bar at 2AM because your ride has a flat.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Can girls just be friends with guys or do you all at some point just want in our pants?

Just curious, no offense meant.

The only way a girl will have a long-term guy friend is if the guy is gay.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who could be amazingly platonic. We’d grab lunch together and if the cashier was hot he’d shove me away and say ‘We’re not together’. So.. platonic, yes. Friend? That’s a reach :lol:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Can girls just be friends with guys or do you all at some point just want in our pants?

The only way a girl will have a long-term guy friend is if the guy is gay.

I agree, but the main reason IMO is because eventually the guy friend will find a girlfriend, and most women don't like it very much when their boyfriend wants to spend time with another woman...

So yeah. I mean, basic friends you see once in a while? Sure. Close friend that you like hanging out with? I'm guessing it's not going to last (unless he has that rare girlfriend who's cool with your friendship with him), or at least the quality of the friendship will change.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I have female friends that I would never make a move on out of respect for our friendship...but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about "what if." I don't think I've ever had a female friend that I wasn't physically attracted to on some level.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I have female friends that I would never make a move on out of respect for our friendship...but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about "what if." I don't think I've ever had a female friend that I wasn't physically attracted to on some level.

That's very interesting because I've had a bunch of male friends I've never been attracted to.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That's very interesting because I've had a bunch of male friends I've never been attracted to.

I would wager that most of my female friends aren't really physically attracted to me either...but I think that's a big difference between men and women. Men are visual first...other considerations come later whereas I think a woman might think a guy is cute or whatever...but it's the personality and whatnot that is given first consideration.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had a guy friend who was 100% platonic on his end. I assume that's because I'm not interesting beyond being vaguely bangable. Well, there was one but does it still count if I was the one in love with him??? Regardless of my own experiences I think guys and girls can be just friends. I think it comes down to luck and timing like with anything else.