October 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom LOL! I'm down for some nice butts! The heck with checking out everyone's shoes. :wink:

NOW who’s sounding creepy?..... >:)
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Wow, there is some seriously good-looking bling being won round here.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 Cool medal. I hope you are feeling better soon.

@fitoverfortymom I hope you are feeling better for your race, but if not then I know you will make the right decision for your upcoming HM.

@cameronheel Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment!

@ctlaws44 Great race and awesome medal!

@runingmischka That race sounds awesome! Your little girl is adorable.

@skippygirlsmom You obviously did something right in life. Skip is such a thoughtful young woman.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom LOL! I'm down for some nice butts! The heck with checking out everyone's shoes. :wink:

NOW who’s sounding creepy?..... >:)

ha ha!

Thanks @kgirlhart she's a good kid in-spite of me ha ha
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

@seanevan10 Congratulations on the new 5k time/medal. I'm gimpy too. I run and it costs me 3-5 days of down time.

@Elise4270 I am kind of bummed but taking it easy. I went to that clinic about Triathlons last night. It was good. And they are doing a bunch of group rides/runs/swims for free. I'm excited to start that next month...hopefully I'm ungimpy by then.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for October

10/1 REST DAY
    10/2 8 miles - 8
    10/3 9 miles - 17
    10/4 4 miles - 21
    10/5 9 miles - 30
    10/6 4 miles - 34
    10/7 12 miles - 46
    10/8 REST DAY
    10/9 REST DAY
    10/10 10 miles - 56
    10/11 REST DAY (alarm never went off and work was busy all day)
    10/12 9.5 miles - 65.5
    10/13-18 REST DAYs
    10/19 7.5 miles - 73.1
    10/20-23 more non running
    10/24 6.2 miles - 79.3

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    None so far

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »

@seanevan10 Congratulations on the new 5k time/medal. I'm gimpy too. I run and it costs me 3-5 days of down time.

@Elise4270 I am kind of bummed but taking it easy. I went to that clinic about Triathlons last night. It was good. And they are doing a bunch of group rides/runs/swims for free. I'm excited to start that next month...hopefully I'm ungimpy by then.

Same here. Sounds like you have access to a great program. I hope you'll be recovered to start participating soon.

I think I'm just done. Resigned to (likely) another surgery.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oct. 24 - 6.8km
    MTD - 82.3km/100km
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10, nice medal! Sorry you're having some pain and hope you get it worked out.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @kevaasen great advice
    @PastorVincent I understand your fear. There is a lady who runs mostly in the opposite direction in the morning on the same road I run. She's younger, faster and attractive. Most days I just give her a friendly wave and she smiles and waves back. Last week I ended up going in the same direction and I was catching up.(must have been a recovery run for her) while I am catching up I'm thinking "please do not scare her, do not come off creepy." Just before I would have caught her she turned onto a side road and I was very relieved.
    @Elise4270 hope you can avoid surgery or if you can't the surgery is a succes.
    Request we stop talking about buts and resume important conversations about hot dogs, donuts and ice cream.

I've got my pint! Cheers! Here's to mint chocolate chip. (Halo).

(Surgery would just be to address trochantric bursitis- I'm old)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    1---5.00
    3---3.44
    6---3.46
    7---6.23
    10---2.54
    11---4.03
    12---13 IBS
    14---3.12 AiM for the Cure
    14---3.46
    15-17---sprained ankle
    18---bike
    19--- 4.14
    21---3.80 walk
    22---5.0 walk
    24---3.47 Not a walk. Cool out. Enjoyed that faster pace and not suckin' wind in the heat.

47.69/80 miles

Upcoming races:
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, 5.5 miles Norman OK
    Jan 27 Running the Rose. Tyler Tx. 11mi or 7k

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PB's
    1 mile 9.25  5k 33:46 10k 1:09:46
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Hope you have a lot of fun with your 935! There is one downside over the 235, and that is the developer of Text Watch hasn't ported it over to the 935. Seeing as he hasn't provided any updates in over a year, I can only assume that to get it, I'm going to have to brush up on Monkey C and write the darned thing myself, lol.

@cameronheel Hope you had a happy birthday, and I'll add my congrats to you on your impressive weight loss journey!

Speaking of birthdays, @fitoverfortymom mentioned hers is coming up, and @ctlaws44 just had his...there's an awful lot of us aging around this time of year; mine's this Saturday. I'll be 23. For the second time.

@seanevan10 Super cool medal! Congrats on beating your previous 5K time, and I hope your injury quickly heals.

@greenolivetree If the pain in the middle of your left butt cheek feels like it's right there on the bone, it may be your hamstring giving some warning signs. Maybe ease off any hard runs, and try doing eccentric leg curls: use both legs to lift the weight (should be easy), and then use just one leg to slowly lower the weight back down again. Repeat 10x on both legs. Also consider glute bridges.

@Elise4270 Now that's my kind of pint, lol.

@ctlaws44 You working at NASA is pretty darned cool, and for some reason reminded me of this. If you've ever played KSP, you'll understand!
    orbital_mechanics.png

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! No run for me today, but I put aside some time to catch up with yall’s posts and be more social than usual

@Runtimer, @kgirlhart, @JessicaMcB, @PastoVincent, @MobyCarp, @garygse, @MNLittleFinn, @skippygirlsmom, @7lenny7 and anyone else I might have missed – thanks for the kinds words!

@Runtimer way to hit your goal early! Awesome running.

@seanevan10 that medal is so cool-looking! Congrats!

@7lenny7 Thanks for the advice about trial running. My longest recent road distance is about 13.5 miles (I’ve ran longer distances, but way too long ago for them to count). So 2/3 of that is just under 15k. I am searching the area my neighborhood for trails and hope I can test it out before the race. The registration is open till the night before, and since it’s a small local event, I don’t think it will fill up. I appreciate your advice! Now I need to go shopping for trail shoes since all I have is Brooks Ghost, i.e. road running shoes.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @cameronheel Happy Birthday and congratulation on your amazing transformations! You are an inspiration to many people and I bet your friends and family are super proud of you.