WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Michele - Overall, it is sad you won't see Denise much but maybe good that Pete's folks don't live just down the street. His dad sounds like a piece of work.... maybe explains a little why his mom is so weird! I talk like a truck driver at times, but do not like coarse language in a group like that. :s And would never say "pisser". Good grief!

Lisa
    - Happy Trails! Good luck in your new adventure. Your writer's group will miss you terribly.

Heather - those kids in their Hallowe'en costumes are so darn cute. It will be interesting to see if the Realtor is able to come up with serious buyers. Sounds like there's still a chance the guy next door won't be able to put up 2 houses?

DJ - Like that spider in the hair! Nifty idea!

Rita - amazing scenery! Is your plan to stay in the south and hit California this winter? Then maybe venture north when the weather gets nice?

Rye - so happy to hear your October review - 7 pounds! new job! Size 12! You'll get used to the change, hope you are enjoying the job. Sounds like fun and very interesting!

Karen in VA
    - what a super photo of Olivia and Mom! Smoochies! Can't wait to see a photo of you and your co-worker. I can't imagine, lol. B)

Katla - glad the painting is done and you like the color. We have candy here (ugh) but I don't expect trick or treaters. Is your new cleaner booked to return?

Kim - glad it is cooling off in CA! You folks have had your fill of HOT weather!

Terry
    - that alien princess bling is awesome! Another great idea!

Barbie - thanks again for getting us set up for November.... already!

I had a sinus headache turned migraine or something yesterday... :( can't remember when I felt so sick - painful tummy, chills, body aches and everything. Had to cancel my doctor appointment, rescheduled for tomorrow.

Doing much better today, remnants of headache finally leaving. I've had laryngitis/burning throat for the past month it seems, OK in the morning but the more I talk and if I breathe really dry and/or smoky air, I am done for, very hoarse. Glad I'm not an opera singer who has to depend on my voice. Hope Doc can figure out what's going on. DH doesn't mind it being a little quieter, lol. :p

Lanette
    SW WA State
    Sunny and chilly today!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Happy Halloween >:)DJ and Terry I love the Halloween costumes! We're going to Bingo tonight and hope we don't get Tricked! We bought candy that we don't like in case kids come while we're home. Not more than 10 kids live here.

Kettlebell Workout
    Morning workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 40
    Russian kettle bell swing-10X7X 40
    I can really tell the difference 5lbs is a lot heavier!
    Alternating press-4 X 5,4,3,2X30
    Modified pull-up-4X5,4,3,2Xbodyweight
    Evening workout
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X7X35

Have a spooky day everyone >:)

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,298 Member
    Options
    Terry - that bling is amazing. Must weigh your eyelids down! Does it stay on ok? :D How does it stick on?

DJ - I'm loving the spider!

Karen - Two cute kids! :laugh:

No T or Ts yet. Early still. >:):o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lisa- very nice gift from your writer group! Enjoy your last couple days at home and will be thinking of you and wishing you safe travels Thursday.

Thank you, Mary!

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thinking I need to tweeze those chin hairs!!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    JanetR - I seriously thought about trying to see you, but I know Corey and I are both going to be completely exhausted the first night on the road, after packing the trailer all day on Wednesday. This will be my only opportunity to see my sister, too, and she lives 15 miles from the hotel where we'll be staying. Small-town Oklahoma, not a hotel in sight. I knew you were in that area, and I'm sorry to miss the chance, as well. :)

I totally understand the tiredness, besides which my daughter is flying in from Denver Thursday evening to spend my birthday weekend with me :).

We'll get together one time, I'm sure :)

Janetr okd
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    OK just having fun.....don't mind me.....

vkaa4dcb624w.jpeg
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Becca you, my love, are all or ours "inner child". Makes me laugh. <3<3<3

Janetr okc
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Where else can ya look totally loony, I ask ya???
    Thank you for putting up with my zaniness!!!
    Becca
    Trying to rub the lipstick off....naa computer graphics makeup!!
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Janetr. There is an inner child in all of us......*grabs yer hand,* let's color!

That's what I need to do today, get my Crayola crayons out and color with another cup of coffee.
    Becca
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Happy Halloween!

We won't really partake in it, nor do we buy candy. I need to make a sign saying "No Candy Here". So Grinch I know!

We don't partake in it either, no candy or costumes here and I don't apologize for it. I don't find it Grinch-like at all. It would be normal for a huge portion of our community actually. We have about 300 houses in our neighborhood and I'd guess less than 20 have their lights on and give out candy nowdays.

The local Mexican cemetery was full of picnickers today having lunch and conversations with their dead relatives for Day of the Dead as well as building their memorials to them. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday so most of the people went out today instead of waiting I guess.

They have put out warnings at our city house for everyone that owns a black cat to make sure they are locked inside tonight. They have a VERY high incidence of black cats being taken, mutilated and tortured each Halloween. I have two black kitties and even though they have white on them I'll be putting them in the garage just to be safe.

Marcelyn
    in Houston waiting for the game tonight .... go Astros!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Becca- I hope everything goes well for your husband. He certainly has been through a lot. You certainly have a lot going on in your life. Take care of yourself! Love the mask app!

<3

Mary from Arizona

Margaret - I think of you often when I sign from Arizona instead of Minnesota! Take care!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,298 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The next door neighbours' girls came round with two friends, so that was good. :D They passed over the plans for the two houses in the far plot. :o It's not them who want to build, but the previous owner ( :#:#:# ) who kept back a part of his garden when selling. I hated the man anyway.
    But my coup was a random child and his mum from up the road who don't know us at all. The boy spotted our pumpkin lights that I bought from Amazon the other day and they thought it might be worth giving it a go. I told him "Well spotted! " . He grabbed a handful of sweets and his mum said it was a bonus. :D
    I'm pleased to be of service.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS I used to dislike other people's children and turn all the lights off, but since I went round with the grandchildren last year I am a born again convert. This is a very well, behaved area. :D
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lisa- hoping for safe travels and God speed on your trip. The weather is suppose to be hot on Thursday so no winter storms for you. Your writers group gave you the perfect gift. Sounds like you are ready mentally and physically for the move. <3
    Heather- your babies are so cute. Now that you aren't really trying to sell your house, it will probably sell.
    Becca- you always make me smile.
    SueBDew in TX

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween! We do not have candy and no trick or treaters. All parcels where we live are ten acres so although there are some children out in this area they don't trick or treat out here. We have skeleton flamingos out and a Halloween flag. That is the extent of our celebration. Dson is in Washington DC this week so we have the DGD staying with us Thursday night. We will pick her up and take her to swim team practice and then to school the next day. It will be fun to have her here.

Enjoyed the Seattle Symphony immensely on Sunday. Especially nice to be dropped off and picked up at the door, no city driving or trying to find a parking space.

Lisa - Sending you traveling mercies.

Michele - Glad the stress of the wedding is finally over for you. I would be tired too, maybe just the relief of getting it done. Whoever said to think of the three best things that happened has a wonderful idea. Just focus on the positive.

Heather - Hope things go well on the real estate front and work out to your best advantage.

Becca - You always lift my spirits, you crazy Oregon woman.

Kim - Glad you are able to post again.

Love all the costumes!!!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    Sue in WA, If fate smilies on us, I might be converting to Washingtonism! Heaven help you all..... (No disrespect intended for friends of the Catholic faith...).
    Navy son got back to dry land and so last night we were talking on the phone, and both looking at www.renters.com and looking at the same rentals up at Whidbey island! Some nice ones! Hopefully we will snag a great one come January/February. Keeping my hopes high!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Mary from Arizona!! Hugs!!!