Volume Eaters Thread

13637394142108

Replies

  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Same here, I already go through 4 of the 32oz tubs a week as it is :|
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Haha, I buy/eat 7 a week..sometimes 8. B)


    So, I just tried the fluff. Nope. Can't do it.
    So my snack tonight was 900g of unsweetened applesauce with 60g of Fiber Active bran cereal on top. Not bad. I'm pretty full.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    oh man I wish I could fit that many tubs into my grocery budget every week :p

    I can't do the fluff either lol but your snack sounds pretty good! I may have to try that..
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    oh man I wish I could fit that many tubs into my grocery budget every week :p

    I can't do the fluff either lol but your snack sounds pretty good! I may have to try that..

    What are your favorite ways to eat your yogurt?
    My favorites are:
    454g of plain greek yogurt, 10g unsweetened dark cocoa, 5g stevia, and 140g partially-thawed strawberries.
    450g of Vanilla Greek yogurt with 140g partially-thawed strawberries.
    454g plain greek yogurt, dash of salt, 5g stevia, and 10g PB Fit. Sometimes I replace the PB Fit with 10g of chocolate peanut butter protein powder.
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)
    You can use basically the same recipe or very similar for a creamy fluff... that's what I do. Most of the time, I do not use soda but I do make it with ice cubes in the food processor. Then the end result is a not ice cream but like a dessert cream or pudding like. It's cool like a yoghurt but not ice cold and much creamier than the fluff with soda. I do use a reasonable amount of xantham (and actually a bit guar gum) though.

    As for other suggestions... I found a recipe for an angel food cake a while ago which I thought looked pretty high volume and it's only 170/180 kcal but I didn't try it out yet because I'm missing some ingredients.

    Here are 2 videos of that (same) recipe:





    Looks good to me but I can't make any promise if it's actually any good. Perhaps someone else here in the thread has tried it already.

  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 594 Member
    Long time lurker, first time poster in the VET.
    Thank you for so many fabulous ideas that go hand in hand with my need to fill my hungry belly o:)
    I bought a spiralizer today at 50% off and am looking forward to making and consuming oodles of zoodles :D
    I imagine this is a good place to ask: what do you all like to spiralize?
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Fellow volume eaters!!
    I am looking for a high volume dessert recipe. I save most of my calories for night/after dinner and love to feel full before bed. I usually make 2-3 batches of the protein ice cream and that gets the job done. However, with the colder weather coming, I'm just too cold to eat that much ice cream, but need something to replace it! I prefer sweet stuff over savory..so any sweet, low calorie/high volume snacks at room temperature (or warmer) would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

    Meringue cookies?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    maisiba wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)
    You can use basically the same recipe or very similar for a creamy fluff... that's what I do. Most of the time, I do not use soda but I do make it with ice cubes in the food processor. Then the end result is a not ice cream but like a dessert cream or pudding like. It's cool like a yoghurt but not ice cold and much creamier than the fluff with soda. I do use a reasonable amount of xantham (and actually a bit guar gum) though.

    As for other suggestions... I found a recipe for an angel food cake a while ago which I thought looked pretty high volume and it's only 170/180 kcal but I didn't try it out yet because I'm missing some ingredients.

    Here are 2 videos of that (same) recipe:





    Looks good to me but I can't make any promise if it's actually any good. Perhaps someone else here in the thread has tried it already.

    Yum!! That cake looks really good. I'll need to pick up some cream of tartar so I can make it! Thanks for sharing!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I've had a craving for cake. Adding eggs to the shopping list.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2017
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    oh man I wish I could fit that many tubs into my grocery budget every week :p

    I can't do the fluff either lol but your snack sounds pretty good! I may have to try that..

    What are your favorite ways to eat your yogurt?
    My favorites are:
    454g of plain greek yogurt, 10g unsweetened dark cocoa, 5g stevia, and 140g partially-thawed strawberries.
    450g of Vanilla Greek yogurt with 140g partially-thawed strawberries.
    454g plain greek yogurt, dash of salt, 5g stevia, and 10g PB Fit. Sometimes I replace the PB Fit with 10g of chocolate peanut butter protein powder.

    Over the years I've tried many different things with my yogurt lol

    My ultimate favorite way that I will probably never ever ever get sick of that I currently do everyday is:

    225g vanilla greek yogurt with 20g fiber one original cereal. (The one that looks like bird food) So good! I just mix the cereal into my yogurt and stir until its combined and its just an amazing creamy/crunchy combo.

    Other favorite ways.. (these are all separate ways) same base 225g vanilla greek yogurt with:

    6g pb2 regular or chocolate version.
    6g protein powder, Quest Salted Caramel

    or the super short on calories range..

    10g sugar free hersheys chocolate syrup
    20g fat free reddi whip on top
    one crushed up mini oreo mixed in
    few drops of any flavored extract like strawberry, cherry, caramel, etc. Adds amazing flavor for virtually zero calories and the possibilities are endless. (Also works for ice cream).

    I have tried the dark cocoa, wasn't a fan but maybe that's because I didn't add any extra sweetener to it. I'm going to try the strawberries with the fat free reddi whip!
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    edited November 2017
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yum!! That cake looks really good. I'll need to pick up some cream of tartar so I can make it! Thanks for sharing!!
    That's exactly what I'm missing too and it's hard to get here which is the reason why I haven't tried making the cake yet.

    Let us know how it is.

  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    What about a fruit cobbler? Make a "crust/crumble" with oatmeal mixed with protein powder and milk, add your favorite fruit, sweetener and cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice/nutmeg or whatever else. Bake that part and then top with fat free cool whip.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited November 2017
    @ElvenToad, I might have to try the chocolate syrup and reddi whip! I'll have to skip the Oreo because I (unfortunately) have to keep certain things out of the house. :(

    @kellymccrea1, I don't have Instragram, but a protein waffle sounds awesome! Do you happen to have the recipe?

    @maisiba, I'll probably run out to the store today and get the cream of tartar..so there's a good chance I'll make the cake tonight. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out if I do! :)

    @Cbean08, that's a good idea too! Do you have measurements for the crust crumble part?

    ETA: I just found the recipe for the Big *kitten* Waffle! I'll definitely try it. Thanks!
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Bump
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    For some reason, popcorn doesn't fill me up the way the ice cream does. I've never made meringues before, but that might work! And while buffalo cauliflower is delicious, it won't help the sweet tooth. :(
    I've never had warm pudding, but chocolate pudding sounds good. I could just make big batches of it. Not sure how it does filling me up.
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)

    I've never tried this, but here's a protein pop tart recipe

  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @ElvenToad, I might have to try the chocolate syrup and reddi whip! I'll have to skip the Oreo because I (unfortunately) have to keep certain things out of the house. :(

    @kellymccrea1, I don't have Instragram, but a protein waffle sounds awesome! Do you happen to have the recipe?

    @maisiba, I'll probably run out to the store today and get the cream of tartar..so there's a good chance I'll make the cake tonight. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out if I do! :)

    @Cbean08, that's a good idea too! Do you have measurements for the crust crumble part?

    ETA: I just found the recipe for the Big *kitten* Waffle! I'll definitely try it. Thanks!

    http://theweightofmyweight.com/2017/02/14/big-*kitten*-waffle/
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited November 2017
    @crazyravr, can the batter be used for pancakes? I don't have a waffle iron.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    For some reason, popcorn doesn't fill me up the way the ice cream does. I've never made meringues before, but that might work! And while buffalo cauliflower is delicious, it won't help the sweet tooth. :(
    I've never had warm pudding, but chocolate pudding sounds good. I could just make big batches of it. Not sure how it does filling me up.
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)

    I've never tried this, but here's a protein pop tart recipe
    Looks awesome! I'll be trying that soon too. Just have to skip the Oreo crumble on top.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,331 Member
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    For some reason, popcorn doesn't fill me up the way the ice cream does. I've never made meringues before, but that might work! And while buffalo cauliflower is delicious, it won't help the sweet tooth. :(
    I've never had warm pudding, but chocolate pudding sounds good. I could just make big batches of it. Not sure how it does filling me up.
    I made fluff once, but it was before I bought xanthan gum and it didn't get big and fluffy. Maybe I'll try that tonight with the xanthan gum!! I might also just eat massive amounts of applesauce until i come up with something that works.
    Thanks for all the suggestions..keep them coming! :)

    I've never tried this, but here's a protein pop tart recipe
    Looks awesome! I'll be trying that soon too. Just have to skip the Oreo crumble on top.

    The cookie part is surprisingly low calories. If you buy a 2 Oreo pack and scrape off the cream, that's only 40 calories for all 4 cookie parts.