Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Moonraker68
    Moonraker68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this. it's a habit just like swapping cigarettes for vapes or lollies. After 22 years and 4 daughters and rewarding myself every night with at least one glass of wine or beer just because they are in bed (note - never when pregnant!!!). I really can do without the extra 150 to 500 extra calories on a daily basis. Been having a cuppa and going to bed early.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    IN!!!!
  • februaryice
    februaryice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m just having wine/beer on weekends and only some weekends. Trying hard not to drink my calories here too! Good luck ya’ll
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Batting 500 this month so far. Much better than last month, lol.

Enjoyed some wine last night but made bad snacking choices... sure there is a direct correlation.

Looking forward to no wine tonight. :)

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    11/1-2 oz rye whiskey
    11/2-15 oz Pinot Noir

I didn't fare so well last night. My husband was drinking cocktails when I returned from my run. I knew I should not have opened that bottle of wine, but I really wanted a glass with my pork chops. Ended up having 3. Oh well, today is another day.

My goal for today is to have one glass of wine with dinner. I am making salmon chowder and flat bread pizzas with fig and goat cheese, so a glass of chardonnay is definitely in order. I am pretty sure I will be able to stick with that because I am meeting my running group for a long run early in the morning. However, tomorrow evening our running group is doing a pub crawl. Gonna try my best with that one...

Salmon chowder and fig/goat cheese pizza - I am coming to your house!!
  • Rhiennam
    Rhiennam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Alright - I am in! Of course, I pick the worse possible night to start with my monthly wine club at 6pm. Oh well, I will have more water and will wake up a little more rested :)
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I didn't drink anything on wednesday or thursday but I did taste test the pre-thanksgiving jello shots I experimented with yesterday.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    Bad night- too much rum and wine. Once i logged the calories from the drinks, It made me cringe. Hoping for a better day! I am on a girls weekend with friends. Hard to abstain.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Two glasses of very good red wine with dinner.
    But that is all, not opening another bottle. Not today any way

Turns out weekends are harder, especially with good company.
  • NicoleMckenzie2017
    NicoleMckenzie2017 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Totally in! Although I don't drink anyways- lol I will join the thread. Good luck y'all
  • cmrose23
    cmrose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @bdbchick I’d love the recipe for that!!!
  • cmrose23
    cmrose23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and holding steady with no alcohol! Helps when we don’t have the extra money for what I like and what the husband has is cheap beer, YUCK!
  • Moonraker68
    Moonraker68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - doing well. And it really makes a difference
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for starting this thread. I am trying to have 2 alcohol free nights a week and then increase those. I am really interested to know if you lose weight faster by doing this. My wine is factored into my cal allowance and I am losing 1 lb a week at the moment but it would be great if this sped up… I love the honesty of everyone here too… To the lady in Puerto Rico - best of luck with the restoration of the island. Anguilla, Dominica also bad and I have friends there… so devastating for them and for you :-(
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    For anyone wondering why I 'like' a post where you say you've had a bad day...it's because you are being accountable...and accountability is key when trying to change a habit. So, your acknowledging you had a rough time or a challenge is half the battle to improving! Congrats on being half way to accomplishing your goal!! :)

Playing catch up with my reporting, as I've had a busy week and been trying to get over a cold too...
    2 Nov: No drinks, though I did take a shot of Liquid Nyquill (which is mostly alcohol)
    3 Nov: 2 drinks while working on the computer
    4 Nov: 2 drinks, though maybe my liquid Nyquill should count as a third shot :/
    5 Nov: 1 Glass of Wine

Overall, not too bad - maintaining at averaging no more than two(-ish) drinks a night, and I had a couple of nights this week with no drinks. Getting better! (Though I know this upcoming weekend is probably going to need to be a mulligan with it being a race weekend (lots of free beer and other drinks), and a girls' weekend to boot.) :#
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tried using the "Leaf" app to log my drinks but ended up deleting it because it's in metric units, which was ok, but not particularly convenient, and because there's no edit function, so when I accidentally logged on the wrong day, I couldn't remove the drinks. It just kept adding and adding imaginary drinks! Not cool, app!

IRL I did drink wine this weekend. Time for a day or two off during the week.
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I had vodka and soda -- and a beer yesterday. At least it was not a bottle of wine. Today I am going for lemon water instead of any other alcoholic beverages.