30 Day Shred Group- August

Options

Replies

• vivianleemit
    Options
    It was all I could do to keep up and I had to "cheat" a little on those last abs because I simply couldn't do them.
    Those bicycle crunches are killer... my face gets all red and my abs are screaming in pain every time I switch legs, but I managed to finish. L1D2 finished yesterday, when I get home from work today it's L1D3... bring it!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks. I agree. I stopped the jumping jacks after the warm-up and just did the butt kicks and jump rope during that time. I certainly want to pay attention to my body and I don't want to stop the whole program. I'll just focus on keeping my hr up. Way to go that you are still doing this despite knee surgery in the past! Keep it up!
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Sorry, everybody, but I am new to the group thing and can't seem to post correctly. How do I delete my own post? Can't seem to find that. My last comment was a response.

I'll get this figured out soon! LOL!
  • Cebrinaj
    Cebrinaj Posts: 16
    Options
    YAY!!! i just finshed L1D1 and my calves are sore but i feel tons better after doing this!!!!! we got this guys!!!! lets see how much we can do without skipping a day!! i bet us as a group can have the best results yet!!
  • mmlovers90
    Options
    Just finished dAY THREE!!! Woo hoo! And with that let me say...I HATE YOU JILLIAN! :bigsmile:

That said, aside from the last bicycle crunches, I can already feel a bit of a difference in how hard it is for me. The bicycle crunches practically make me want to vomit. I really dread them! UGH! :sick:
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just finished dAY THREE!!! Woo hoo! And with that let me say...I HATE YOU JILLIAN! :bigsmile:

That said, aside from the last bicycle crunches, I can already feel a bit of a difference in how hard it is for me. The bicycle crunches practically make me want to vomit. I really dread them! UGH! :sick:

you may hate her now, but in 27 days you'll look back and be rather thankful. stick with it and you'll see some fantastic results! :bigsmile:
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a question though and would like to hear what everyone's thoughts are. Do you think it's more important to master the exercises in the lower level before moving on to the next level, or move on after 10 days regardless? I can kinda' see it from both sides. If you move on too soon and can't do some of the higher level moves, or are having to pause more, or modify a lot more, is this still a better work out than really doing the lower levels moves at their full intensity? I know you NEED to move on at some point to increase the challenge. You can't just get comfortable and camp out at level 1! :laugh: I just thought I'd see if anyone could share what they think about that.

Before my first round of 30DS last month, my exercise consisted of an 1/2-1 hour walking or biking so you know what kind of physical condition I was in beforehand (I didn't think I was :that: out of shape until I did this video. lol) I did 10 days at each level, no rest days, as it was intended. By day 10 of each level I was a) bored and ready for a new routine and b) felt like I had advanced far enough along to move on. Then I got into the next round and it b**** slapped me and laughed in my face. I gave them my best shot, though, and didn't give up. I still can't do everything without a quick breather and there are still a lot of moves I struggle to do (especially on the last circuit of level 3), that's why I want to do another round.

I would say just listen to your body. If you move to level 2 and find it's just too dificult, move back to 1 for a few days and atempt it later.

Happy shredding!!! :drinker:
  • Wfortner
    Wfortner Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I just started myfitnesspal...and 30day shred this month....8/1!!!! I got the food log thing, but how do I log my exercise doing this dvd...??? Need help...please :)
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Took a break last night cos was at my bfs and it would have been late after dinner. Still did some weights and sit ups and push ups though. Day 4 tonight!!!
  • latasharae
    latasharae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last ngiht me legs felt like jello! During my sleep mode i woke up to feeling a little less swore. just finished L1D3!
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    Day 3- Complete, I was very sore last night and this morning, but i am feeling... dare i say it... a bit better now. I have to agree those bicycle crunches are what really kills me, thank god they are the last exercise :)<3
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone! And boy, isn't it.. L1D3 and it feels like it has gotten just a little harder every day. I've read posts though that that's expected and that in days 4-6 there's a bit of a downhill march so that's very encouraging. I'm right on track, apparently :wink:
    Today my muscles felt a little weaker, so my squats weren't quite as deep, and I had to put my weights down a couple of times during the presses and raises. I did feel like I was a little more conditioned to the cardio and had a strong finish on that front that I was proud of.
    I'm already imagining that I will need to do another 30 day stint (or more ;P) to really achieve the results I would like to see, and I've been going back and forth on whether I'd do it back to back, or take a week off, or what? I am currently planning to do it straight through, everyday, 30 days in August.

I have a question though and would like to hear what everyone's thoughts are. Do you think it's more important to master the exercises in the lower level before moving on to the next level, or move on after 10 days regardless? I can kinda' see it from both sides. If you move on too soon and can't do some of the higher level moves, or are having to pause more, or modify a lot more, is this still a better work out than really doing the lower levels moves at their full intensity? I know you NEED to move on at some point to increase the challenge. You can't just get comfortable and camp out at level 1! :laugh: I just thought I'd see if anyone could share what they think about that.

I can't do push-ups... At all, maybe 2 on my knees with bad form lol... SOOOOO! I do planks the whole time. I can't do the squats all the way down because of my knee. So I'm going to move on after day 10 regardless =)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'm only on L1D2 and my knees hurt during the jumping jacks. This is so discouraging! I am a very active person and used to all the other moves, including squats. I've never had a problem before with my knees....maybe it is just more high-impact than I am used to. But it is discouraging! Anyone else have this problem?

It's hard on your knees, it's not just you =) I dislocated my knee 6yrs ago, and it's been fine since, but when i started to do 30 DS that knee started to hurt big time. I'm in physical therapy for it now, and so I decided to re-try the 30DS again... I guess we'll find out how my knee is on day 11 (that how far i got last time with my knee)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Hello!!! I just started myfitnesspal...and 30day shred this month....8/1!!!! I got the food log thing, but how do I log my exercise doing this dvd...??? Need help...please :)

you can log it under circuit training for 25 minutes =)
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Sorry, everybody, but I am new to the group thing and can't seem to post correctly. How do I delete my own post? Can't seem to find that. My last comment was a response.

I don't think you can delete comments, at least not that i know of... If you want to reply to someone you can hit the "quote" button and then type after there message, not sure if you knew that or not =)
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Before my first round of 30DS last month, my exercise consisted of an 1/2-1 hour walking or biking so you know what kind of physical condition I was in beforehand (I didn't think I was :that: out of shape until I did this video. lol) I did 10 days at each level, no rest days, as it was intended. By day 10 of each level I was a) bored and ready for a new routine and b) felt like I had advanced far enough along to move on. Then I got into the next round and it b**** slapped me and laughed in my face. I gave them my best shot, though, and didn't give up. I still can't do everything without a quick breather and there are still a lot of moves I struggle to do (especially on the last circuit of level 3), that's why I want to do another round.

Thanks for that insight Cella! It was the b***h slap that I was worried about :bigsmile:, but I hadn't thought about the getting bored part.. And really, maybe by day 10 I *will* feel like I've conquered level 1, but during day 3 I was feeling pretty wimpy. :embarassed:
  • atoyab
    atoyab Posts: 1
    Options
    Im new to the website. I would love to join the 30 day shred. Where do I find the actual program
  • jms88
    Options

I don't think you can delete comments, at least not that i know of... If you want to reply to someone you can hit the "quote" button and then type after there message, not sure if you knew that or not =)

You can also edit it and replace the text, IF you need to - even if it's just to write "Duplicate Post" or something?
  • jms88
    Options
    Im new to the website. I would love to join the 30 day shred. Where do I find the actual program

I got mine at WalMart, but I've also heard Target, or some people order it online through Ebay or Amazon for cheap
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Day 3 done! SO proud to have finished it especially with my Time of the month here. Yay! I started using 3 lb hand weights today and I could surely feel the difference, man my arms are so sore now! The one thing that is bothersome is how much my joints click and pop while doing this! Also, do you guys wear shoes or not while doing this?