Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    maybyn wrote: »
    I'm sorry for continuing on this topic, but is there any way to gain cup size through body recomp? If I ever needed an incentive to start (restart) a weight lifting program, this would be it!

I'd say yes, but it may be the correlation from changes in band size? I've gone from a 38D/40C/36D over the years, now to a 34DD. (Joining me in wincing at that one...) So technically the cup size has gone up, but the band size has gone down.

But DD is the best cup size!!

I figure as long as I can still find cute bras and tops, it's all good!

Seriously. I never thought I'd see the day when my chest is the part of my torso I find the least objectionable.

At one point, right after grad school, I was a size 4 in my waist and hips, and a size 10 up top. *That* was awful. At least now, I'm measuring around a 4 in my bust and hips, and an 8 in my waist. It's still not great, but at least somewhat easier for clothes.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for continuing on this topic, but is there any way to gain cup size through body recomp? If I ever needed an incentive to start (restart) a weight lifting program, this would be it!

I'd say yes, but it may be the correlation from changes in band size? I've gone from a 38D/40C/36D over the years, now to a 34DD. (Joining me in wincing at that one...) So technically the cup size has gone up, but the band size has gone down.

I figure as long as I can still find cute bras and tops, it's all good!

Seriously. I never thought I'd see the day when my chest is the part of my torso I find the least objectionable.

At one point, right after grad school, I was a size 4 in my waist and hips, and a size 10 up top. *That* was awful. At least now, I'm measuring around a 4 in my bust and hips, and an 8 in my waist. It's still not great, but at least somewhat easier for clothes.

Ah, see I thankfully live in a country where you can get pretty bras up to quite ample sizes, and at decent prices. I hear that's more difficult in North America.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Your rate of loss up until now has been pretty good but at this point I'd lower it to 1lb per week, anything more is likely too aggressive and the older we get the more important it is to preserve lean mass. Losing slower is one way to reduce that, strength training even better so if you're not doing some by now you should start.

I think any point soon would be a great time for a diet break but can see why you want to wait until you hit the golden 50.

I have been doing some strength training along with a couple of boot camp sessions and some walking and hiking every week. Libra shows my weight loss at .5 lbs. per week, so it doesn't seem like an overly fast loss rate.

Thank you.

'

I did some quick calculations and it came out to 5.5lbs per month so if i got it wrong carry on good sir!
  • VintageFeline
    Options

34DD id the sister size to the 36D so your cup is the same. (Down a band, up a cup for sister size).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Since we're talking boob history (I'm sure the guys don't mind)....

HOw did we end up here, lol

Because we meander? Also, body recomposition stuff. Totally legit :p

(also, I may be just a little proud of my awesome rack...)

Pics or it didn't happen...

...... Oh wait, this isn't MFP circa 2014

We're not allowed to post undie pics ;) Vintage and GottaBurnEmAll can verify.

Can confirm we both have great racks. She has better undies, I'm still in the refusing to buy until absolutely necessary phase of weight loss proceedings.

I'm a stickler for matching pretty things (except when I'm doing sweaty exercise stuff). Part of that comes from having to wear head to toe PPE if I'm doing fieldwork. It helps to know there's pretty under the high vis and dirt :p

• maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've never considered it before because I was afraid that band size would go up while cup size remained the same. What would be the point of that...? I've always been a size B since I was 14 or so (and size 4 US band size I think) but as I said previously, my boobs have shrunk. It was fabulous when I was breastfeeding lol.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Since we're talking boob history (I'm sure the guys don't mind)....

HOw did we end up here, lol

Because we meander? Also, body recomposition stuff. Totally legit :p

(also, I may be just a little proud of my awesome rack...)

Pics or it didn't happen...

:D:p

...... Oh wait, this isn't MFP circa 2014

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

Yeah, I've never considered it before because I was afraid that band size would go up while cup size remained the same. What would be the point of that...? I've always been a size B since I was 14 or so (and size 4 US band size I think) but as I said previously, my boobs have shrunk. It was fabulous when I was breastfeeding lol.

I did have a 'but what about lats development' moment with the smaller band size, but I think there's enough fat there that the two can swap out quite nicely. Fingers crossed! And obviously I'm not going to have huge muscle gains with what I do and recomping anyway.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

Now you're just teasing us. Stop it!

Joys of the coveted hourglass figure :)

I like an hourglass figure as much as the next guy. I'm just stuck using my 'magination now. HAHA!

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I've been a US size DD since I was in highschool, and I can say that I'd gladly give away that extra D to any taker if I could find a way to do it..... lol

I'm a stickler for matching pretty things (except when I'm doing sweaty exercise stuff). Part of that comes from having to wear head to toe PPE if I'm doing fieldwork. It helps to know there's pretty under the high vis and dirt :p

oh yes, the fun of PPE for field work. I know all about that! and worse still, since I am so heavy, I can't find PPE made for women - I have to buy men's.

Which brings me to a mini-rant of mine: why can't men have rear-ends?!! It is SUCH a pain trying to buy men's pants to fit a woman who has an ample rear-end! I ended up having to buy 3 sizes too big in the waist just so I could get the hips to fit!

That's one thing I'm looking so foward to - losing enough weight that I can start buying PPE made for women! lol
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    I had nothing productive to add in the rack department except enjoy the conversation.. the only rack I can relate to is for squats, and other than bouncing quarters off my *kitten*, it's completely unrelated to the last page or so haha.

In other news: just announced/released today: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/womens-physiology/womens-maximum-muscular-potential.html/

I haven't read it yet, but there you go.

One day I'll be able to bounce quarters...

And oooh! Off to read now!
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    I had nothing productive to add in the rack department except enjoy the conversation.. the only rack I can relate to is for squats, and other than bouncing quarters off my *kitten*, it's completely unrelated to the last page or so haha.

In other news: just announced/released today: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/womens-physiology/womens-maximum-muscular-potential.html/

I haven't read it yet, but there you go.

Brain not computing but it's definitely interesting and I need to read it when I can digest properly. And then apply it to myself and where I think I might fall within the parameters, mostly just for interest than any real training target as I'm not the bulking and cutting type.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I did have a 'but what about lats development' moment with the smaller band size, but I think there's enough fat there that the two can swap out quite nicely. Fingers crossed! And obviously I'm not going to have huge muscle gains with what I do and recomping anyway.

Do update us regularly on your progress!

I do quite a bit of body weight training (for rock climbing) and I think I've got some decent muscles from this but obviously, not as much as I would have if I was doing a lifting program.

Yes, back to the topic of refeeds and diet breaks!
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Do update us regularly on your progress!

I do quite a bit of body weight training (for rock climbing) and I think I've got some decent muscles from this but obviously, not as much as I would have if I was doing a lifting program.

Yes, back to the topic of refeeds and diet breaks!

What's interesting from a body comp perspective (and blew my little mind) is that Nony and I have very similar measurements, though hers are now lower than mine but we share essentially the same shape and stats I am 20lbs heavier. Yay for childhood sports and adulthood dance training.

So I want to digest that new article and try to apply it to myself and if I'm near optimum already. Not fussed either way, just want to get my geek on.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    So ... primary care appointment today. He thinks that indeed, it is a cortisol issue caused by some of the blood sugar issues from this summer (I was having lots of problems with hypos), the underfeeding (to use his terms), and thanks to the female triad mess, my body behaving as if it is "chemically underweight" (which I now think is the most ridiculous term ever). He feels that this is likely where my weight will settle out, which ... well, I'm torn between crying and wine.

He also set *his* bottom limit for where my weight should sit. Which is right about where I was in April, so understandably, he's not super keen on me trying to get there again. I have opinions on this.

He urged me to listen to the dietitian (whose advice mirrors this thread), and to try to trust that it's not going to skyrocket forever and ever. And it's that latter that I have an issue with right now.

Logic tells me that I should try this refeed thing for actual, but I have no idea how my body will *actually* respond.