TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    For those of you looking for an alternative to the usual running, walking, lifting weights, etc... have you tried Pilates? There's a great video out there called "10-Minute Solution: Pilates Perfect Body." It sells on Amazon for less than $10, and it's fantastic! Five 10-minute segments focusing on abs, upper body, lower body, stretching, and silhouette (balancing and lengthening movements drawn from classical dance). You can mix them up, do them all, or just choose one if you're crunched for time.

I've been using it for years as a cross-training tool and the core workout is phenomenal! The best part, the instructor isn't annoying... you know how bad that can be if you have to watch a DVD over and over again and the instructor gets on your nerves. :)
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello there! I joined the purple team a few days ago - I need added to the list please!

I was proud of myself yesterday - burned 728 cals doing week1 day 1 of the C25k program! it killed me! I could only run 2 of the runs - but I did walk the rest of it. I was disappointed that I couldn't run the all the runs but I figured walking was better than nothing. I need to get some serious control of my breathing. The running didn't bother me, but I could not get my breath and that really hindered my progress....

I'm considering busting out my 30 day shred DVD and the Wii Fit as well...I'm getting an ellipital this week (set to deliver tomorrow!) and I can't wait to start on that!

GO TEAM PURPLE!!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    Did we adopt Stangma's team name suggestion, Purple Reign? If so, GREAT! I love that name.

*toofat2toofit ~ how's the Turbo Jam? I'm getting the dvd at the end of the week I think. Can't wait to add it to my routine.

*runningathena ~ I used to have a couple of 10 minute solution workout dvd's. I'm pretty sure one was Pilates. They are great for an early AM "no time to workout" workout.

*Rabbittrax ~ I'm a huge fan of stretching. Speedy healing!

Have a great day PURPLE, GO HARD!

Tish
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I didn't see my name on the list but I believe I'm on Team Purple (I just joined a few days ago). I'm excited to start my first challenge on MFP though. :)
  • SweetcheeksRN
    SweetcheeksRN Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey guys! So far so good

8/1: burned 638
    8/2: burned 510

Today I woke up with alot more energy too...I must be sleeping better.
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Tiabirdie56....I really like Turbo Jam. After using it for a while, the instructor's voice can become a little annoying (only my opinion), but I simply select the option to pump up the music and I can barely hear her. As far as a good workout goes, you will work up a sweat and burn some calories. Hope you like it!!!
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about TurboJam... gonna see if Netflix offers it. :) Try before you buy, I say! LOL!

GREAT workouts, everyone!!!!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    Hey purple team, you all ROCK!!! i need some help here!!! I have diabetic ulcers on my feet that are healing up but dont allow me to be on my feet and on top of that I sprained my right ankle and I am wearing a boot on my foot to keep from putting any weight on my foot!!! I need some suggestions on workouts that can help me that doesnt involve being on my feet!!! Any suggestions!!!

Me too. Thanks to Tish and SommerJo for the suggestions. I just may as well focus on upper body strength while I rehab!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Netflix the workouts..... you guys are genuis. Couldn't find any Turbo Jam, but there are so many other options. I am going to workout today with my new found videos via Netflix. You guys are the best motivators.

Great jov everyone!
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know weigh-in isn't until tomorrow, but I was curious, so I jumped on today to see how the progress is going... WOW. This is working! I've lost more in the last 4 days than I have in the last few weeks combined. Thanks for the motivation guys!
    AND an NSV: My BMI is no longer in the "obese" category, I'm now "overweight".
    WOOT!
  • Shan80
    Shan80 Posts: 47
    Options
    Met my burn today by swimming!! It was fun and refreshing yet a great workout all in one! I wish it was warm here all year round because swimming is for sure my exercise of choice!

I'm excited to weigh in on Monday! I've only been at it for 2 days and I'm already dying to get on the scale! LOL
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    1033 calories burned today!! Go team purple!
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Burned 880 today, woot woot!! I am kicking *kitten*.....and losing it too :)
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    A tough 500 burned today. Didn't want to do it. But I did it. And I stopped right at the 500 mark. lol
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Netflix the workouts..... you guys are genuis. Couldn't find any Turbo Jam, but there are so many other options. I am going to workout today with my new found videos via Netflix. You guys are the best motivators.

Great jov everyone!

I recommend the "Self: Bikini Ready Fast!" - Now at well over 200# I wasn't expecting to be able to complete it nevermind be bikini ready but I have to say right now it is my favorite upper body toning/cardio workout. I love it so much I bought the DVD off ebay! (It's available as an instant play) :flowerforyou:

Made 601 today and man I am hurting!!

Great job everyone!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    I know weigh-in isn't until tomorrow, but I was curious, so I jumped on today to see how the progress is going... WOW. This is working! I've lost more in the last 4 days than I have in the last few weeks combined. Thanks for the motivation guys!
    AND an NSV: My BMI is no longer in the "obese" category, I'm now "overweight".
    WOOT!

Congrats to the 'overweight' category. It feels so good, doesn't it?
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Ok, I've been slacking on the exercise. Yesterday was 284 calories on the elliptical; today 173 walking. Tomorrow 300 on the elliptical in the am and a 30 min dvd tomorrow night! Thanks for the motivation, everyone!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    Good Evening everyone. I hope you all got a great workout in today.

~toofat2toofit~ Haha, thanks for the head's up on the instructor's voice. Anything annoying is too distracting to my workout. I'll learn the routine and then exercise with the dvd to my own music.

August 10LB Challenge
    Week 1 ~ 8/1 thru 8/8
    500 calories burned each day / GOAL 3500 cals burned

M/ 840 ~ 65 min ~ circuit training
    Tu/ 767 ~ 60 min ~ elliptical intervals (50)/stretch (10)
    W/ 815 ~ 70 min ~ circuit training (60) / stretch (10)

Tish
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    8/1--- before I joined Team Purple
    83 calories burned
    8/2--- 474 calories burned
    8/3--- 518 calories burned

I am a newbie when do we need to weight in? Is there anything else we need to do besides burn the 500 calories a day?