Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Late logging in today b/c sitting in a seminar 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. And I handled the registration table starting 8 a.m. So doing my recaps of M & T so far, plus goals for W. Will catch up everyone's posts later. Glad to see activity again!

Recap M 11/13
    1) Walked dog 3.03 miles before work...glad Saturday's snow melted, only patchy ice where road is shaded, not so dangerous to walk. Happy me & happy dog. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,836 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom) & 37 floors. I love those booms! :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Ate apple crisp at work (that I made). Still, did ok until evening when I dove into the peanut butter kisses bag. Net calories, sodium and sugar all red. :s
    4) After work: grocery shop / clean up pile of mail / review Teatime Holidays (borrowed magazine) = Done / nope / nope...so tired I zonked out on the couch after shopping and supper. Guess I needed that. :/
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15 (remember seminar all day Tues.) = Done / Done :smiley:

Simple goals T 11/14
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before seminar = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Drink water during seminar = on track for 11c for day :smiley:
    3) Net calories w/i 100 green = guestimated best I could & prelogged supper (white chicken chili)...should be green (barely) :smiley:
    4) Clean up mail pile / review borrowed Teatime Holidays magazine (want to return this week)
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15

JFT W 11/15 = Evening, attending performance of Swan Lake by Russian Grand Ballet. I don't know much about ballet, but should be beautiful!
    1) Walk dog before work
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green
    4) Bedtime & TV off 10:30 or 11 (I hope)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    TUesday
    1. log all food :/ I did do OK, but boy, I was craving sweets so bad today!! ! And ... hubby stopped at McDonalds and wanted a shake. I got a strawberry/bananna smoothie. So, even though I still ate more than I should have, at least I did not cave into the sweet stuff!
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. go and get hair cut/colored :)
    4. go to the gym in AM. Lay out clothes for wed morning :/ This just didn't happen today - so need to get there tomorrow for sure
    5. work on PC boards :) Worked 6 hrs on boards. I am behind, so need to get this set of boards finished, as hubby already has one of them sold.
    6. start sewing chemo hats. Have not made her any since June! :/:# Got 35 chemo hats all cut out!! Now.... to try and get them all sewn and picked up!
    7. finish quilt for young girl who is in a nursing home :) Got this all finished.
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)
    9. NO sugar. Drink 2 glasses of water :) Drinking water tonite while I cut up fabric
    10. read my response cards - remember how I want to feel come January 1st.[/b] :/ Need to do this tomorrow for sure!

JFT, Wed, 11/15
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking water
    3. avoid sweets. Drink water, and wait 10 minutes before grabbing anything to eat. It is only cravings - they will go away if I don't give in.
    4. start sewing on chemo hats
    5. try and finish building pc boards
    6. get stuff to make apple pie for friday nite at sister-in-laws house.
    7. Do daily challenge: Tomorrows task "Write for 5 minutes about 1 thing that's stressing you, so you can think about it more clearly. ".
    8. go to the gym!! Lay out clothes for thurs morning also
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I didn’t post last night because I had a small breakdown. This pregnancy has officially broken me tbh.

I would say that is perfectly okay and normal. I never believed the women that 'constantly glow' and 'feel so happy and healthy' during their whole pregnancy. Everyone that I trust to really be honest to me had bad times (many quite a lot of them) and emotional and physical problems. Even my mum with me. I was a horrible unborn, I made myself comfortable on her kidneys, so she had to lie in bed in incredible pain and got hospitalised.
    My grandma was unmarried when she was pregnant the first time and got bullied for bearing a child of a refugee to whom she was not yet married to. (They married though, two years later.) The second time she nearly died from nearly falling down the stairs because of fainting. Twice. (I think she might have had a light form of undiagnosed gestational diabetes.)
    My best friend had all kinds of ailments being pregnant with her twins.
    Another seemed to be in constant pains for both her pregnancies... and the extra one she miscarried, too.
    I am sure this is normal. It is just somehow frowned at to feel bad because of something so positive as bearing a child that nobody dares to tell to the random strangers asking them how they feel.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not a great day yesterday. Ended up not taking a lunch break and staying at work too late - leading to lots of commitments being missed.

I really need to:
    A) Get better at not leaving work late. Yesterday was tricky as I did my exercise class after work, but my workmates wanted to start before I'd finished up. I therefore decided to 'just finish up' afterwards... And then got sucked into the time vortex and didn't leave for another 1.5h. This is not the first time this has happened on exercise days - need strategies for avoiding
    B) If I do end up leaving work late, find ways of winding down/cheering myself up quickly which don't involve snacking/drinking alcohol. I do this because when I have hardly any evening left, I need something to help me boost my mood/switch my mind off quickly. Exercise is normally my most effective stress buster, but this isn't practical when I'm not off the train until 9pm. So I need to find other things. Maybe Netflix comedies on the train!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)

- NO snacks except Ryvita (including the holiday snacks I brought for the office due to social convention) :'( Ended up leaving work rather late and hence hunger (and grumpiness) led me to having some crisps and a couple of the holiday sweets. However, managed to stop this turning into a binge which I'm pleased about as I think I got into the habit of binging in Oct. So a small win!

- No alcohol :'( Had one drink due to the late finish. Swapping this no alcohol day to Thu instead.

- Exercise class after work :D I did do this! Man, it was tough. I haven't really exercised properly in six months due to my operations. Happy to be getting back into it!

- Be in the green with 150+ deficit :'( Didn't happen due to the crisps, sweets and gin. But I wasn't too much over

- 30+ minute lunch break :'( Didn't take a lunch break as felt I needed to focus on a report. But I couldn't be bothered (I'm getting very sick of the report) so ended up faffing with other things instead. Really should have taken the break!

- Meditate :'( Due to lack of lunch break. Though really could have done this on way home

- Leave work by 6.30 (after exercise class) :'( Nope, 7.50

- Be calm, whatever happens! :neutral: I was calm but still unreasonably grumpy! (I want to be on holiday still)

- Listen to music to boost mood :/ I forgot about this, which is a shame as it might have helped with the grumpiness!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - NO snacks except Ryvita
    - Salad for lunch
    - Be in the green
    - Leave work between 5-5.15
    - Be calm, whatever happens!
    - Listen to music to boost mood
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Tuesday 11/14 JFT:

✔Regular kids morning routine
    ✔On campus 9 am - 1 pm (Working on research)
    ✔(Meeting w/ professor at 9 am)
    ✔Lunch
    ✔✔Rest ~ 20 min.
    ✔Run by mailbox
    ❌Grocery Shop --> dinner items --> picked up Fajitas (and a Fajita salad for me) for dinner
    ✔Pick up kiddos and teen from school
    ❌Elliptical ~ 20 min. [As Nike says.....Just Do It!!] --> There was some kind of accident at the high school so pick time took longer than expected. Then when I arrived home I was extremely tired so I laid down for a little nap; before I knew it my husband was waking me up for dinner. I guess my body needed rest instead of exercise. :blush:
    ✔Dinner by 7pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

Well today I plan to rearrange some things in order to exercise before lunch. It seems that I get really busy or really tired after lunch (afternoon hours). Therefore, I am going to try and get onto my elliptical first thing!!

I woke up late and did not make lunches for the family this morning, I'm letting them eat at school today :neutral:
    (Even though I do not like the kids eating school lunches, I know they enjoy the break occasionally so I'll try and not let this bother me.)
    Enjoyed a nice breakfast with my hubby
    Post JFT
    Laundry
    Elliptical ~ 20 min.
    Organize a few items around the house
    Lunch
    Grocery List / Grocery Shop
    Pick up kiddos and teen from school
    Work on research project from home ~ 1 hr
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Alrighty, hopefully today I can be more successful!! This has been my struggle lately. Before the pregnancy made me sick, I was doing good with Yoga and running. Then I went through a tough time of sickness and depression. Now I am having trouble getting back into exercising :disappointed:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    throckj33 wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Jen. I am new to this and not sure how the community works. But I saw this thread and thought it could really help me. I need to feel like I'm not alone in this weight loss journey. I don't have much of a support system so I'm sure that's part of my problem. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend and let me know what to do for posting on here or how it works. Thanks in advance! :)

Hello :)
    I don’t tend to add people if I’m honest!
    But for this post all you do is post your goals for Day ‘X’ and then try achieve them!
    Then later on when the days over, quote your original comment and edit it to say what you did or didn’t achieve!

Sooo for example

JFT: Wednesday

- log all food
    - Exercise

Then Wednesday night I would check in and repost and say whether I did or not!
    And if you found anything hard or easy to do!

I tend to come in here for a moan. Lol!
    I’ve made some really good friends on this thread and if it wasn’t for them I would of quit back in February! (I started in Jan lol!)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    throckj33 wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Jen. I am new to this and not sure how the community works. But I saw this thread and thought it could really help me. I need to feel like I'm not alone in this weight loss journey. I don't have much of a support system so I'm sure that's part of my problem. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend and let me know what to do for posting on here or how it works. Thanks in advance! :)

You will never feel alone on this thread - the best group of "friends" you could have. I hope you join us each day if you can. This thread is simple - just get on here, post what your goals are Just for Today. These goals can be simple, like mine sometimes, just to log all my food, or drink water, or they can be tasks you want to accomplish for the day. Then... the next day, come back, post how you did, and post goals for that day. For me, it has helped so much in not feeling alone, and keeping me going. So welcome -- and we hope to see you here tomorrow Jen!
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am going to read all the responses later on. I am going to work. Keep me in thoughts for the courage to tell my boss about my leave coming soon.

My goals for today:
    1. Log everything and eat within my calories
    2. Do everything in my powers not to binge
    3. Have the courage to tell my boss what I need to say
    4. Keep my focus at work on being the best nurse possible
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Dinner with my daughter :DB)
    3. Brush and Floss :/
    4. Bed by 10:30 :/

JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Recycling
    3. Guild
    4. Cut fabric for Mark's quilt
    5. Doctor's appt
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @O'connell5845
    What a great idea! Thank you! I think I can manage 15 minutes. I think a program called Flylady has that same procedure.
    I need to get back to writing out goals, too--decluttering is usually one of them. I do read everyone's entries, and usually log the food that I eat, but I have gotten lazy with setting goals.

That same group (A Challenge a Day, is the name of it) is having this same decluttering challenge again this week. One of the suggestions was to pick a spot in your house to start and spending 15 minutes a day...having a donate bag, put away box and throw away bag. I'm trying that this week. Donate goes in the bag. Throw away goes in a bag. Put away goes into a laundry basket and at the end of the 15 minutes, I stop and put away the items in the laundry basket. 15 minutes is doable for me! When my house is decluttered, my brain is decluttered and I just generally feel better! :)[/quote]

[
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Wed, 11/15
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on drinking water :)
    3. avoid sweets. Drink water, and wait 10 minutes before grabbing anything to eat. It is only cravings - they will go away if I don't give in. :/
    4. start sewing on chemo hats :) Partially sewn 9 red hats tonite - just have to pin the pieces together. My goal is to sew up at least 5 a day so I can get these to her before the holidays (especially since I am making a lot of darker, winter colors, and red and green hats)
    5. try and finish building pc boards :) 5 hrs of doing this - so no wonder my back is sore tonite while sewing!
    6. get stuff to make apple pie for friday nite at sister-in-laws house. :/ Will do this tomorrow for sure
    7. Do daily challenge: Tomorrows task "Write for 5 minutes about 1 thing that's stressing you, so you can think about it more clearly. ". :) Really helped me put my sons divorce in perspective - saw more good in this that bad, so helped to write it all down
    8. go to the gym!! Lay out clothes for thurs morning also :/ No -- to much to do tomorrow morning, so going to take a planned skip day
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

Thursday 11/16
    1. log all food. I am getting lazy on this part!
    2. drink water
    3. avoid sugary foods. Drink water instead, count to 10, distract myself, do something!
    4. work on sewing chemo hats
    5. taking car in for inspections; go to license bureau and get plates
    6. go to the store and get stuff to make pie for friday
    7. run to the fabric store (use coupon for fabric 60% off!!!)
    8. work on charity quilt at least 30 minutes
    9. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    10. do not get discouraged by the scale. Remember .... even if I can just maintain this time of year, that is a good thing. Look at the positives
    11. read my response cards - remember why I want to lose weight
    12. Do daily challenge: Use accupunture: massage the skin between your thumb and forefinger for 1 minute.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I had a whole thing typed out with my goals for today and it disappeared! I've never had that happen before on my laptop. Just my phone or iPad.

So, I'll just keep it short and post today's goals again.

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Weigh/Measure and journal every bite. ✅
    2. Drink more water today than yesterday. ✅
    3. Hit my step goal today. ✅
    4. 30 minutes of activity of some sort! ✅
    5. 5 more things in the donate, throw away or put away box ✅
    6. Work on quilt. ❌. Read pattern instructions though.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    2. Water :)
    3. Recycling :)
    4. Guild :) had to cut it short to get to the appt
    5. Cut fabric for Mark's quilt :) half done and did a test block
    6. Doctor's appt :) passable but at least done
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :| give or take a little

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Finish cutting Mark's quilt
    3. Bread making day
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

Today was scale day. I figured I'd have some gain after going away but it was still saddening. This is a new week.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)

- NO snacks except Ryvita :'( Ended up having a couple of small sweets due to frustration. They were small though and I'm pleased I didn't have more. Small steps!

- Salad for lunch :)

- Be in the green :'( As well as the sweets, I also had a cappuccino, a small amount of cheese with dinner and wine/cheese at my wine tasting course. It added up to quite a bit! I have to remember that these little bits add up to a lot (and aren't really worth it for what you get)

- Leave work between 5-5.15 :)

- Be calm, whatever happens! :| I wasn't too bad but after four back-to-back meetings, three of them 'trying' for various reasons, I felt like I was going to explode. But I dealt with it fairly well.

- Listen to music to boost mood :/ forgot to do this, again. Must get headphones out as soon as I get in so I don't forget

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - NO snacks except Ryvita
    - Salad for lunch
    - No alcohol!
    - Be in the green

- Focus on annoying task and get it done - no procrastinating or perfectionism
    - Be calm, whatever happens!
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Leave work by 6 latest
    - Go to hairdresser on way home
    - Email party members about survey
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Hey, have you been to that Fresh Thyme Farmers Market on Oneida Street? I'd never been in there before. What a nice store! produce is really fresh.

Not been to the new market yet, but definitely plan to. During the summer and fall, I was going to the local farmers markets instead. I'm thinking I need to visit the new store soon to get my fresh fix.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap simple goals T 11/14 = seminar 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before seminar = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Drink water during seminar = on track for 11c for day :smiley:
    3) Net calories w/i 100 green = guestimated best I could & prelogged supper (white chicken chili)...should be green (barely) remembered to log seminar beverages & ate pita chips with chili...net calories red :/
    4) Clean up mail pile / review borrowed Teatime Holidays magazine (want to return this week) = Done / nope (Kitty decided it was time she curled up in my arms to nap) :smiley:
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: / nope 11:00 :(

Recap W 11/15 = Evening, attended performance of Swan Lake by Russian Grand Ballet. I don't know much about ballet, but beautiful!
    1) Walk dog before work = raining / needed sleep / sad dog :(
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,030 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 hours & 31 floors...not bad :smile:
    3) Net calories green = Leftovers & lack of meal planning...RED!!! :(
    4) Bedtime & TV off 10:30 or 11 (I hope) = Yes :smiley:

JFT R 11/16
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, crappy blustery wind but happy dog. And she still ran like crazy in back yard when we got home. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green
    4) Evening: choir / review borrowed magazine / wash dishes
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Looks like half of my post deleted! I had my progress and today's goals posted on my iPad last night but it seems like every time I do that, half of it deletes when I post. Grrrrr. Frustrating!

I'm having a great week at home unwinding! Husband leaves for hunting camp tomorrow so I'll have about 5 days to myself. Not sure what I'll do but am kind of looking forward to it! LOL!

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite and stay in the green
    2. increase water intake from yesterday
    3. Hit step goal
    4. Sew on quilt
    5. Add 5 more items to the donate box (getting pretty full!)
    6. Bake husband his favorite cookies to take to deer camp
    7. Listen to my favorite podcasts while sewing
    8. One random act of kindness today
    9. Read my chapter for Simple Abundance and write in my gratitude journal

Bex, did you stick with your bullet journal? I've been watching some You Tube videos on it because I'm trying to get more organized and like the idea of everything being in one place, but not sure where to even start. Wondered how it worked for you. I always used my work email calendar and tasks to stay organized but I don't want to get into the habit of looking at my work email and calendar all the time for the new job too. I need to break that habit and separate work from home, so was thinking of trying a Bullet Journal. Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone! :heart:
  • Bex953172
    Options

Bex, did you stick with your bullet journal? I've been watching some You Tube videos on it because I'm trying to get more organized and like the idea of everything being in one place, but not sure where to even start. Wondered how it worked for you. I always used my work email calendar and tasks to stay organized but I don't want to get into the habit of looking at my work email and calendar all the time for the new job too. I need to break that habit and separate work from home, so was thinking of trying a Bullet Journal. Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone! :heart:

Well I don’t really do it anymore but I do miss doing it!
    It was pretty time consuming drawing templates all the time (even though I liked doing the designs) and it did help at the time!
    I’m just not a very journally person I don’t think!
    I’m the kind of person who scrawls out a list and scribbles stuff out lol!!!

But I found Pinterest helpful. Search for bullet Journal templates (lol I was going to shorten Bullet Journal to BJ but we all know that’s a TOTALLY different thing :lol::lol: )

I found that I liked a few designs, some rather detailed some simple. Go for the simple.
    And tweak them, for example I had no need to write down how many steps I had done, but I did do a few squares for water intake

A good one, is “my life of *year*
    And it’s basically 7 squares across, 52 down to make up the year.
    And then in the key you have different things like “amazing day” “rubbish day” and all things in between and you colour code them. And that day you fill in the colour of how your day was and at the end you see in general how your whole year went!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Lol I didn’t finish my post!

Yeah so get ideas you like from various templates and make your own!

Also, on your iPad/phone
    When you’re writing a comment make sure you don’t use any of the phone/pads emoticons. Because that’s when MFP just cuts out and doesn’t post whatever you wrote from that emoticon, hence half a post!

Unless you didn’t use any, then I don’t know haha