Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Just for today---November 17.
    Log all food. :)
    Declutter papers for at least 30 ": :) --shredding event tomorrow.
    Exercise:--15-20"--more like 10" :/
    Pay bills--no :(
    Laundry--yes :)
    Practice: 30"--45" :):)
    Call for doctor's appointment (procrastinating on this one)-- :)
    Fill out papers for passport renewal not yet

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I was at the hospital last night again for my back.
    I had an ambulance at the house and they said the pain I’m in I wouldn’t make it through the night.

No one can give me a proper answer of what’s actually wrong though and it’s really starting to annoy me. I feel like they’re just guessing!

The Dr said I can’t have an X-ray (for obvious reasons) and because she heard a “slight” crackle, she things I’ve got a chest infection.

I had had all my pain medication in 12 hours rather than 24.
    So I was screwed I couldn’t take anymore
    But luckily she could prescribe me some more.m to see me through the night and today I’ve got to “try my best” to space them out more.

Got my dad to pick up the kids today.

I’ve not had a shower or bath for 3 days now :(
    I haven’t got enough movement to manage that!
    And I’m scared if I get in the bath then I won’t get out again, and I know t will hurt a lot to get out.
    But going to try today when the girls aren’t here so they don’t bug me and I have the time to just relax.

And because the drugs are opiate based I don’t know if it’s making the baby sleepy too. So I’m over aware about movements and stuff!

Sorry for everyone reading. I know this is all I’m going on about at the moment but it’s just interfering with my whole life!

Oh Bex --- I am so sorry!!!! I hope you start to feel better soon. Be careful - this is the time you need to concentrate on yourself. I'm glad you dad can help you some with the kids. Hugs
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Thank God. I plan a “treat” in every day within my calories. I haven’t given in to eating my emotions in 8 days.

Congratulations! That's absolutely fantastic work.
    It's not just home that's stressful. You have a tough job. How long has it been since Mom's surgery was seduced?
    Suggestions...
    Go back and read your post when you're struggling.
    You know how you keep track of how many days you've accomplished something? Do you have a calendar posted so you can physically cross off days until surgery? It may help to see the progression of big giant x's marching across the paper.
    ((((( yoginurse)))))
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Just for Friday
    1. Journal every bite and stay green - :sFailed miserably at this yesterday. I could make up all kinds of excuses, because trust me, I have them, but what it boils down to is I was just too lazy to journal and didn't pay attention to what I ate. period. My Bad.
    2. Increase water from yesterday - at least 64 oz :)
    3. Hit step goal :s
    4. Work on quilt :s
    5. Listen to today's podcasts :s
    6. Make a list of top priority things I want to accomplish before starting new job on 11/28. :s
    7. Research bullet journals and perhaps start one :)
    8. Read chapter for Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal :)
    9. Bed early so I can get up early tomorrow. Need to turn my internal clock around! :s

Well, yesterday was a complete waste of a day, but at the same time was a nice day. My husband left for deer camp and my daughter stopped in. We ended up chatting for hours! Then it was dinnertime before you know it, so I sat down to eat and started binge watching a show on Starz TV called Outlander and ended up sitting on the couch for probably 6 hours just watching TV! Dang! Then I went to bed. So, the list I had for yesterday is going to be carried over to today. I'm happy I took the time to really chat with my daughter while she was here, but I'm not happy I gave in to the TV. She had urged me to do that because she had been so worried about my health when I was working so hard and she really wants me to just rest and baby myself during these two weeks between jobs, so I did. But do I ever feel guilty today.

So....
    Just for Saturday:
    1. Journal every bite and stay GREEN
    2. Half my body weight in water
    3. Hit step goal
    4. Meal plan for week and go shopping. Only health foods and snacks!
    6. Make 3 more blocks for quilt
    7. Listen to today's podcasts
    8. Make a list of top priority things I need to get done so I don't feel stressed when I go back to work 11/28.
    9. Start a new donate box and bring the full one to Goodwill.
    10. Read chapter for Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @Bex953172 I am so sorry to hear about your back! Please try to rest. I'm so glad your dad is helping with the kids today. Is your OH around to help you if you cannot get out of bathtub? Make sure you bring your phone in with you in case you need to call for help. Feel better, my friend! (HUGS)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @joan6630 @OConnell5483

The tablets I’ve got are working now, they’re lasting about 6 hours which works out right

I’m on so many tablets now! :lol:

I had an extra nap after handing the girls over to my dad. Which I needed because the first lots of meds’ had kicked in and I was so drowsy! But I couldn’t feel a thing in my back!

I got a nice bath! The heat even gave me enough movement to shave my legs!
    And I’ve managed to eat and clean (minimally) and cook for my OH.

My OH has been helping after our big argument. We both got in a rut with thinking awful things of eachother because we both felt under-appreciated by each other. I was doing it to him and him to me so we were never gonna get out of that naturally so I’m kind of glad we had it out with each other!

He blitz the house but we said that so he didn’t have to do so much in one go again that I’ll try keep on top of it and he will help more with it!

I’m so glad my dad had the kids. Means they’ve have had a good day and I’ve had a rest!
    My eldest was supposed to go to her first birthday party today, but I only got the invite yesterday and I didn’t have anything to give her friend and tbh I don’t think I was up for having to look after her after the party. I needed the rest!

Over thought it way too much! I couldn’t show up with nothing! So just let dad have both kids!

Anyway. Best get on with “dinner” before this drowsiness kicks in and I fall asleep haha
  • bcTRAI
    Just for today-
    Exercise:--15-20"--more like 10" :/

Hey you got out plus look at all those smileys!
  • bcTRAI
    Oops, sorry about the auto correct. :o I usually double check but missed that one.
  • bcTRAI
    @OConnell5483
    I'm so glad you got a chance to be with your daughter. She may be right about a couple of things though. We all need to learn to give ourselves a break. That's an awful lot of grrrrry faces in your post. :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member

Well, yesterday was a complete waste of a day, but at the same time was a nice day. My husband left for deer camp and my daughter stopped in. We ended up chatting for hours! Then it was dinnertime before you know it, so I sat down to eat and started binge watching a show on Starz TV called Outlander and ended up sitting on the couch for probably 6 hours just watching TV! Dang! Then I went to bed. So, the list I had for yesterday is going to be carried over to today. I'm happy I took the time to really chat with my daughter while she was here, but I'm not happy I gave in to the TV. She had urged me to do that because she had been so worried about my health when I was working so hard and she really wants me to just rest and baby myself during these two weeks between jobs, so I did. But do I ever feel guilty today.

You did what you needed to do!! Do not feel guilty!! I am almost 67 - it took me a long time to realize that it is OK to have a day to not do anything. It is OK to give yourself time to rest. This is exactly what you should have done yesterday. All the stuff on your to do list is so unimportant. Your health is the most important.
    When I stopped going out to work, I was the same way. I would make a list a mile long, and work like crazy to get everything done, because that was the way my job was for 20+ years. We were always under tight deadlines (I worked for a medical publisher, so we had deadlines we had to keep). Once I started working at home, because I was freelancing, I was the same way. But now that I help my husband with his business, I struggled for a long time with not getting stuff done that was on my list. Then I lost family members. ..... and realized... who cares. I am still here, and that is what matters. Your daughter is absolutely right -- you need to take these 2 weeks and get back to smelling the roses, chatting with friends and your family, watching tv, just enjoying life. No one remembers if you finished your to do list, but they will always treasure the time you spend with them. I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and enjoy every minute of it.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Saturday 11/18 JFT:

Slept in until 9 am
    Breakfast with the family
    Managed Saturday chores
    Watched my university play football
    Grocery shopping (3 dif. stores, long list)
    Organize kitchen and pantry
    Rest ~ 20 min.
    Elliptical
    Maybe walk dog (depends on weather)
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

It is cold and winding (30 mph + gusts) so it is not a very motivating day to do anything!! Walking the dog may be out today bc we live between cotton fields and once they've been harvested, the dust is unbearable. We'll see if it dies down after I go shopping.

Thank you all for the encouragement!! It's a true blessing to have people on your side when trying to accomplish goals! :blush:

@Bex953172 I hope you feel better soon! Try to relax and not worry!! My OBGYN gave me great advice a few weeks back. I have a serious concern regarding a biopsy that has to be done soon and she said, "Let me and my staff worry about the medical aspect of everything and you just do what you can to relax, stay happy and find reasons to laugh as much as possible." She said staying positive and focusing positive energy goes a long way to improving health and taking care of the little one :smile: I know things can be tough but remember we're all here for you. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    edited November 2017
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    November Goal = 163#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track on Just Give Me 10 Days)
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    Recap F 11/17
    1) Walked dog 3.09 before work. Just realized on MapMyWalk app I have walked dog 7 of last 8 days = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,280 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom) & 44 floors (lots of up and down stairs at home too)
    3) Net calories green = red 48, sodium green, 12c water :smile:
    4) Prep clothes for tomorrow, including alpaca socks, hand warmers & boots / charge Fitbit & phone = ready & rarin' to go :smiley:
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = done :smiley: / done, even fell asleep before late weather forecast came on :smiley:

The Saturday before Thanksgiving (US) is a special day. The annual Green Bay holiday aka Christmas parade is at 10 a.m. and I have volunteered in the staging area since 1991 or 92. Only missed one year b/c sick. Volunteers meet at 7:30 a.m. (1/2 hour later this year b/c judging has apparently been discontinued), then head to our assigned stage with our clipboards, walkie talkies and signs. We park / line up the floats and other units in order before the parade starts. I have handled stage 3 for years, even got my BFF and her hubby involved. We'll be on our feet in the street for at least 3-4 hours. When the parade ends, the volunteers meet up for our tradition of bloody marys with beer chasers (and lunch). Since most of us have volunteered for over 20 years, we have a great time catching up with each other, such a wonderful group of people! I look forward to this every year.

I have already decided, I will not log any beverages, food or activity for Saturday, and drink / eat as I like. I will, however, record my weekly weigh-in as usual. I guess that will keep my MFP streak alive.

Recap Sat. = Parade was great success and weather actually cooperated, no rain a la original forecast. Actually saw couple of snowflakes, very appropriate. This year new staging recruits were enlisted, and I worked stage 2 to train a parade newbie. He was wonderful, a very quick learner...not as easy as one might believe, parking everyone in the proper order when they arrive willy nilly, and dealing w/ all the drivers, "lost" people and especially "dance moms". He saved me from having to run up and down the block all morning like I did last year. This year with judging done during parade instead of before & live TV broadcast done commercial free, parade went quicker than ever. Still, happy to rejoin other volunteers for photos, drinks & lunch / fun & yummy! Even had enough energy when I got home to walk dog 2.83 miles. Sticking with original plan to not log adult beverages, food or activity for the day, feels so good to take a break. Feeling little dehydrated, though, need to drink more water today. Rest of day is just relax at home with hubby. Now, on to Sunday goals....

JF Sunday 11/19
    1) Bible class & church / say extra prayers for my friends on MFP who are struggling...(((hugs))) to you all
    2) Walk dog before watching Packers game on TV
    3) Net calories green
    4) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • throckj33
    throckj33 Posts: 5 Member
    A little late but my first day of adding goals (yesterday) was pretty successful.

JFT 11/17/17
    1) log all food :)
    2) drink more water :)
    3) eat vegetables with dinner :(
    4) Get 7 hours of sleep :)
  • throckj33
    throckj33 Posts: 5 Member
    JFT 11/18/17

1. Get 10,000 steps.
    2. Drink water
    3. Get 7 hours of sleep
    4. Be within calorie goal

It can be done!!! I still have a few hours of the day left to drink some more water and do some walking! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :D
  • Bex953172
    What a night!

So my parents had the kids all day!
    Never rang me to tell me my youngest was poorly. I know he must of thought I needed the rest but would of like to have known.

So I’ve been at the hospital again tonight at the Out Of Hours gp. She has a tummy bug, but it was the lethargy and high temp that made me take her in!

Before I left (at 9.30) to go to the hospital I took my meds, and an hour later I was nearly falling asleep in the hospital :lol:
    Probably shouldn’t have driven home but got home fine and now just lounging around on the sofa with tea and biscuits!

These meds certainly do the trick! Just wish I didn’t feel so spaced out on them haha but they are opiate based so v strong!

Think I need to just go bed now!

Love you all!
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    @Bex953172 thank you for your thoughts, friendship, and prayer! I hope you are okay? Is it okay for you to take opiate based medication right now? Please be careful and check with your doctor. I totally agree that weight loss is actually about the in-between not even the numbers. I am really trying hard to stay strong. Stay strong too! This too shall pass.

@OConnell5483 @bctrai @joan3360 thank you for your friendship and support. I just keep repeating the serenity prayer. I realize I have to just let it go and trust God in the process. Check out that show! It’s on Z-living.
  • Bex953172
    @Bex953172 thank you for your thoughts, friendship, and prayer! I hope you are okay? Is it okay for you to take opiate based medication right now? Please be careful and check with your doctor. I totally agree that weight loss is actually about the in-between not even the numbers. I am really trying hard to stay strong. Stay strong too! This too shall pass.

@OConnell5483 @bctrai @joan3360 thank you for your friendship and support. I just keep repeating the serenity prayer. I realize I have to just let it go and trust God in the process. Check out that show! It’s on Z-living.

Yes it’s okay, if you think about it they give you morphine during labour and such. The tablets I’m on can only be prescribed by a GP and they will only prescribe me so much.
    The only risk posed to baby is when she’s born she could also suffer withdrawal symptoms but the Dr said this won’t be a problem with me not being near term yet!

I can’t take NSAIDS (anti inflammatories like ibuprofen etc.)
    Which ideally is what I need to help the actual inflammation but I can’t so they just have to block out the pain with painkillers and wait for it to heal itself basically!

But I am paying extra attention to the kicks to make sure they’re still regular and strong
    Thank you for your concern :)

Stay strong! You can do this!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Saturday 11/18 JFT:

✔Slept in until 9 am
    ✔Breakfast with the family
    ✔Managed Saturday chores
    ✔Watched my university play football
    ✔Grocery shopping (3 dif. stores, long list)
    ✔Organize kitchen and pantry
    ✔Rest ~ 20 min.
    ❌Elliptical
    ❌Maybe walk dog (depends on weather)
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm➡️8 pm instead
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

Grocery shopping took 3 hrs and 30 min!!! That is alot long than anticipated. Holiday shoppers are out and traffic is crazy! Every store was jam packed full of people. At least I am done shopping and I do not have to go back to town for another 8 days :smile: It DID however cut into my time for exercising. It was already dark when I returned home and walking down a county road in the dark is a bad idea, so walking the dog was out. Then dinner and organizing the kitchen ate up my time for the elliptical. So....I'm not going to sweat it, I'll just look at today as an accomplishment for household reasons and start fresh tomorrow!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day / night :smile:
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Goals for Sunday, November 19:
    Church in am
    Lunch with friends
    Practice--30" or more
    Continue to declutter--30"
    Order turkey for Thursday
    Work on Alabama journal