Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    The bloody eclipse was so hard to live stream due to it being at totality at different places!!

I just caught it literally by 30 seconds in Beatrice, NE? Don't know where that is :sweat_smile:

That is in nebraska! It was so awesome ---- I live near st louis, mo, so we only had 99.9% totality, unless we drove 10 miles out. But ... with the traffic.... we had our own little "party" in our backyard. The weirdest thing was the darkness, and the crickets came out. No birds at all around singing -- really weird. The street light went on. It only lasted here less than a minute though. My hubby tried to take pictures, but they are just blurry. But I found one to post -- if I can figure out how to post it. Its from a friend. If my husband has any pictures that turned out, I'll post them. We also saw all these little "crescent" moons on our patio bricks!

But .... it was quite a thing to experience, and so glad in my lifetime I was able to witness it. My husband looked directly at the sun right at totality, and he said it was something he will never forget!

dbpaqvd0oxlap.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Options
    WR50 wrote: »
    JFT Sunday: Disassociate from the part of my brain that is pushing me to binge. I let it take over last night. NOPE. Not happy with myself this morning.

JFT Monday: Disassociate, disassociate, disassociate. Until I get this right, this is my only goal.

I would love for this to be a topic on here to discuss. I also have struggled with binge eating - if my husband saw everything I eat, I would probably be so slim. But .... I am a closet eater.... and most of my eating starts when I am stressed out about things. It is very hard to overcome. My goal is to have at least 5 days a week doing good, and hope for more. But hopefully we can encourage each other. I think it helps to talk about it, and be in the open.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    The bloody eclipse was so hard to live stream due to it being at totality at different places!!

I just caught it literally by 30 seconds in Beatrice, NE? Don't know where that is :sweat_smile:

That is in nebraska! It was so awesome ---- I live near st louis, mo, so we only had 99.9% totality, unless we drove 10 miles out. But ... with the traffic.... we had our own little "party" in our backyard. The weirdest thing was the darkness, and the crickets came out. No birds at all around singing -- really weird. The street light went on. It only lasted here less than a minute though. My hubby tried to take pictures, but they are just blurry. But I found one to post -- if I can figure out how to post it. Its from a friend. If my husband has any pictures that turned out, I'll post them. We also saw all these little "crescent" moons on our patio bricks!

But .... it was quite a thing to experience, and so glad in my lifetime I was able to witness it. My husband looked directly at the sun right at totality, and he said it was something he will never forget!

dbpaqvd0oxlap.jpg

Yeah I was thinking, I remember taking the picture of the moon from my phone and it was just blurry. But then I took a pic of the moon down my telescope and t was much better lol (obviously) you could see the craters and stuff!!

That's what it looked like in the live stream I saw
    Proper amazing!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Monday

- go to appointment (low on petrol so gotta walk so will definitely get my steps in today!!) COMPLETE waste of time!!! But definitely did my steps! 9000 steps! Of which my 3yo completed 7000 then spent the rest of the day running about so she probably exceeded the 10K mark!
    - Light my angels candle and look through his memory box to celebrate his 2nd birthday.. Not today, too difficult and I'll end up a blubbering mess!
    - Take it easy... wellllll I tried :sweat_smile:

• mytime6630
    Options
    Here is a picture of the little crescents on our patio w0lwf2w94bmz.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Goals for Monday

- Light my angels candle and look through his memory box to celebrate his 2nd birthday.. Not today, too difficult and I'll end up a blubbering mess!

Did you lose a little angel? Hugs
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 195.6!!
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6

Month of August: Goal is to lose 4 lbs

August 1: 195.6
    August 6 195.4
    August 14: 193.8 :):):)
    August 21 - 195. Well, I have no one to blame except myself - 2 or 3 days of overeating. But .... I DID see 193 on the scale, so maybe next week
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Can't find yesterdays goals, and its late in the day, so my goals will be simple
    JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. enjoyed a margarita and a bratwurst while watching the eclipse, so light eating tonite
    3. got to the gym -- but lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    4. CLOSE THE KITCHEN tonite -- remember, sip on water. Food is not the answer

• mytime6630
    Options

dbpaqvd0oxlap.jpg

Yeah I was thinking, I remember taking the picture of the moon from my phone and it was just blurry. But then I took a pic of the moon down my telescope and t was much better lol (obviously) you could see the craters and stuff!!

That's what it looked like in the live stream I saw
    Proper amazing!

I looked at the total eclipse through my glasses, and all I saw was total darkness. But hubby looked at it without the glasses, and he said this is what it looked like. I think you have to have special lenses for your camera to get these kinds of pictures. But .... it was the most awesome experience. Totally weird - especially the darkness,and quietness of the day. About 45 minutes later, the birds started chirping again!
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Goals for Monday

Yeahhh. My second pregnancy. I had my 20 week scan and he had a minor abnormality which created massive problems and basically I was told he had a less than 5% chance of survival. I had the choice of going to full term on the knowledge that he would be born not being able to breathe or terminate. I chose to terminate, just thought it would be less painful for him. By the time I had everything confirmed I was 23 weeks :(
    And he was born today 2 years ago.
    This is why I've been so desperate for a boy because I lost one.
    His birthday is always a difficult day. My 3yo overheard me saying "it's Samsons birthday today" to my partner and she's been asking who's birthday it is all day :disappointed: but she's too young to understand yet. In the end I just said it was grandmas birthday lol
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Goals for Monday

Yeahhh. My second pregnancy. I had my 20 week scan and he had a minor abnormality which created massive problems and basically I was told he had a less than 5% chance of survival. I had the choice of going to full term on the knowledge that he would be born not being able to breathe or terminate. I chose to terminate, just thought it would be less painful for him. By the time I had everything confirmed I was 23 weeks :(
    His birthday is always a difficult day. My 3yo overheard me saying "it's Samsons birthday today" to my partner and she's been asking who's birthday it is all day :disappointed: but she's too young to understand yet. In the end I just said it was grandmas birthday lol

Oh Bex,I am so so sorry. I cannot imagine how painful that decision was to make. I had several miscarriages, one at almost 12 weeks. Prayers and hugs to you today. <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday

(((BEX))) I'm sending you hugs from Wisconsin. I know it's far away but I sure hope you can feel them sweetie. <3
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm sooo sorry to hear that! My heart is hurt by that. Sometimes I think God realizes just how special some little ones really are and decides to keep them in heaven with Him o:)

@joan6630 That's an amazing picture. We only had 78 % eclipse here but we still enjoyed it.

To everyone: I've noticed a common goal is to drink enough water. I just wanted to share what my family and I do because we easily go through 5 gallons of water a day :D (probably more). Each of us have our own water bottle and we refill it from an Ozarka jug throughout the day. My kids are never thirsty and I can easily drink 72 oz of water everyday. I personally carry a 24 oz water bottle everywhere I go, even into restaurants, lol! My body craves water when I haven't had at least 48 oz. I just thought I'd share my story for any possible inspiration :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Monday

Oh Bex,I am so so sorry. I cannot imagine how painful that decision was to make. I had several miscarriages, one at almost 12 weeks. Prayers and hugs to you today. <3

Tbh they said I had the choice to which I replied "it's not really a choice when either way he's going to die"
    So I didn't really have a choice in it tbh. Just one of them things.

I'm so sorry you suffered miscarriages! That must be just as awful!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Monday

(((BEX))) I'm sending you hugs from Wisconsin. I know it's far away but I sure hope you can feel them sweetie. <3

:) I can!

Don't worry I am okay, it has been 2 years after all. It's just more special dates that get to me. I'll be fine again in a couple of days!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I'm sooo sorry to hear that! My heart is hurt by that. Sometimes I think God realizes just how special some little ones really are and decides to keep them in heaven with Him o:)

@joan6630 That's an amazing picture. We only had 78 % eclipse here but we still enjoyed it.

To everyone: I've noticed a common goal is to drink enough water. I just wanted to share what my family and I do because we easily go through 5 gallons of water a day :D (probably more). Each of us have our own water bottle and we refill it from an Ozarka jug throughout the day. My kids are never thirsty and I can easily drink 72 oz of water everyday. I personally carry a 24 oz water bottle everywhere I go, even into restaurants, lol! My body craves water when I haven't had at least 48 oz. I just thought I'd share my story for any possible inspiration :)

It's okay :) just one of them things I guess. Nothing genetic so it was just bad luck!

I think if I drank that much water I would do nothing but wee and wee and wee and wee. Especially in my current situation lol!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Goals for Monday

Tbh they said I had the choice to which I replied "it's not really a choice when either way he's going to die"

So agree - but you had to make the choice not to let him suffer, which was very hard to do. Like @MLHC1 said, the special ones get to stay in heaven <3
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Goals for Monday

So agree - but you had to make the choice not to let him suffer, which was very hard to do. Like @MLHC1 said, the special ones get to stay in heaven <3

I knowwww. Wish mine wasn't so special though lol! Still prefer him to be here!!
    But he's in good hands I guess!
    Definitely only a choice a mother could make eh?

This is why I wanted eclipse photos because it's just his birthday and I love anything to do with space and lunar/solar things :) (could you guess by me owning a telescope) haha
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    8/21 Monday JFT:

✔Enjoy a peaceful morning
    ✔Watch the eclipse with my kiddos
    (we have solar glasses) B)
    ✔Continue organizing and cleaning house
    ❌Take clothes and shoes to donation box
    ✔Stay positive :blush:
    ✔Run on elliptical