Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I've decided to go back to school to finish my Associate's Degree. I think I'm only a class or two away from completing it. But I want to talk to the DH before I start making big life altering changes to our lives. Lol. And there's a lot of footwork I know that I have to do. I know that there is no way I can get in this semester since the semester starts in two weeks and I haven't done ANY paperwork or anything. I figure I'll talk to DH and if he agrees or says Have At Thee then I'll apply to the local Community College and meet with an advisor and see what my options are. This is also something that's exciting!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Work was another great day! My manager who lost her son a month ago was there. It was her second day back. She seemed to hold it together pretty well. She actually noticed that I lost weight! She's the first person who's ever noticed(or at least said anything about it)! I was so happy! Lol.

Yesterday...well let's start somewhere else lol. I have a birth control implant in the underside of my left arm. It's good for three years. I got it put in in the beginning of October three years ago. About a week after we got back from our honeymoon. So yesterday I scheduled the appointment to get it taken out in the beginning of October. I had to schedule it now because my bosses do their schedules a month in advance. I'm incredibly excited because it has been giving me terrible acne for the last three years, but one of the more awesome benefits/side effects of having it is that I haven't had a TOM in three years! But it also means that I and DH have to be really careful now. We want a baby but we aren't going to actively start trying for several more months. But the possibility of having a baby is blowing my mind! So I'm kind of all over the place with this but either way, it's going to run out of juice. Lol. I'm just not exactly sure how I feel about it all! Lol.

Anyway, I dont know why I went on that ramble! Lol

GET PREGNANT NOW!
    We can be bump buddies if you're quick enough :wink:
    Eeeeee I love babies haha

I kinda wish it could happen but I know that we arent ready and I think the DH's head would pop off if I told him I was pregnant now. Lol
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Work was another great day! My manager who lost her son a month ago was there. It was her second day back. She seemed to hold it together pretty well. She actually noticed that I lost weight! She's the first person who's ever noticed(or at least said anything about it)! I was so happy! Lol.

Yesterday...well let's start somewhere else lol. I have a birth control implant in the underside of my left arm. It's good for three years. I got it put in in the beginning of October three years ago. About a week after we got back from our honeymoon. So yesterday I scheduled the appointment to get it taken out in the beginning of October. I had to schedule it now because my bosses do their schedules a month in advance. I'm incredibly excited because it has been giving me terrible acne for the last three years, but one of the more awesome benefits/side effects of having it is that I haven't had a TOM in three years! But it also means that I and DH have to be really careful now. We want a baby but we aren't going to actively start trying for several more months. But the possibility of having a baby is blowing my mind! So I'm kind of all over the place with this but either way, it's going to run out of juice. Lol. I'm just not exactly sure how I feel about it all! Lol.

GET PREGNANT NOW!

I kinda wish it could happen but I know that we arent ready and I think the DH's head would pop off if I told him I was pregnant now. Lol

Aww well you best still post when you do decide to try :)
    I get v excited by these things haha!

@OConnell5483 looks like you'll have another quilt project for the future!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, does anyone want me to post 'bumpies' so you can watch me get huge :sweat_smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

GET PREGNANT NOW!

Aww well you best still post when you do decide to try :)
    I get v excited by these things haha!

@OConnell5483 looks like you'll have another quilt project for the future!!

Soon enough! There are some reports that say a women's cycle isn't properly back in action for a year, so it might be longer then we think
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Stay in calorie goals (yes, barely)
    Exercise (done)
    Laundry done, dishes going, and vacuumed most of floor
    Iris project finished.
    Work at Heritage Center done
    Went to martial arts but boy is resisting school work.

Wednesday will be another day of watching calories (planning soup), exercise, dishes/laundry/floor, need to mow, and going to stand over kid at computer. Give me a big glass of cold water and I am dropping into bed.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT, 8/22/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep in green :DLogged all food was terrible food wise! But I did faithfully record everything!
    3. Make a proper lunch and bring to work! :/Bought a bunch of snacky things from Wawa when I bought my coffee this morning
    4. Go to the gym on the way home from work(even if it's only for 15 minutes!)DO SOMETHING! :/Had a money scare so I went straight home then to the bank and then to Walmart...and then got into other things. Just ran out of time!
    5. Finish food shopping! :/Money scare
    6. Try not to take a nap :)Stayed an hour later at work and then had to run around!
    7. Make yummy dinner :DPizza delivery night!
    8. Try to stay up late to spend time with DH and friends :)In the process
    9. Bed whenever! :)WOOHOO!

Thank goodness the day is over! I found out at work today that I was about to bounce a check that I wrote to my Daddy's friend as a partial payment for the laptop he gave me. It was only a $40 check but it's Daddy's friend and I didn't want him to get charged if it did get bounced. So I had to scrounge the money together to put into my account to cover it. Thus why I couldn't finish the food shopping. Lol...Boy, do I love being poor!! Lol.

Gonna stay up waay past my bedtime tonight to hang out with the DH and some of his gamer friends. Apparently, I am a special kind of rare wife because I dont have a problem with him staying up late playing games with his friends. I dont think they realize that I'm actually grateful for them because before he found Destiny(the game he plays with his friends) he didn't have any friends other than me and a friend of ours in a big city two hours away. But he found this game and these friends and has totally come out of his shell. So I am actually happy when he gets to spend time with his friends! And I love that they include me! But I will say that my mindset will change after we have babies. There will be no more 8hr video game days anymore and as long as he understands that then we are in a good place.

We had a great, long talk about my future as a wife, mom, and possible student and about our future as husband and wife and as potential parents. It was really good. We got a lot of things out in the open. DH and I have to do this a couple times a year. Most of the time we have good(not as long) talks but every once in a while we need to have a long serious talk about our lives and such. This was one of those talks. Lol

ANYWAY!!!!

JFT, 8/23/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in green
    3. Do dishes
    4. Clean living room
    5. Dinner in crock pot by 11
    6. Clean out car
    7. Clean bathroom
    8. Have DH pick up MIL by 5
    9. Enjoy dinner with MIL
    10. Return MIL by 8
    11. Wind down by 930
    12. Bed by 1030

Gonna be a loooong day. MIL is SLOWLY recovering from a triple by-pass at my SIL house with my niece and she's driving them crazy so we said we would take her for a few hours. So I'm making dinner for the three of us. Keep your fingers crossed...She can be super crazy!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 ☆☆ Happy Anniversary ☆☆
    (Sorry I meant to say that yesterday but got distracted by the eclipse events.)

8/22 Tuesday JFT:

✔(sorta) Stick to healthy calories
    ✔(sorta) Do not eat back what I exercise
    ✔Take clothes to donation boxes
    ✔Small grocery trip
    ✔Finish organizing boys room :#
    ✔Run on elliptical
    ✔Day 3 of Plank Challenge
    ❌BB-Workout (do this immediately after lunch)
    ❌Trying out new recipe for dinner :D (Kung Pow Chicken from MFP Blog) -
    ❌Dinner by 7pm
    ✔Bedtime by 11 pm

My husband is back home from his motorcycle trip :D So we enjoyed a nice lunch together and when he got home we decided to all go get haircuts. That's when this crazy storm hit and we decided to just go out and eat bc we were already in town and the storm was headed to our house. It was very pleasant to enjoy a nice brisket dinner with a cold beer and the company of my husband :) I did run on my elliptical but tomorrow I need to get back on board with my low calories. I did however make wise decisions at the restaurant (it could've been worse).

Well.....be blessed everyone B)
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Bex953172 Of course we want baby bump proof! It is naturally ingrained in humans to like baby bumps. :#
    @HGSmith0920 Your husband-wife talk sounds awesome to me. My friends just got married, another is planning to and another already has 1 1/2 year old twins... and slowly it gets to me. I mean, I am planning to move out of country to be with my boyfriend. At some point, I want more. And I have thought about having a serious talk with my boyfriend... but on the other hand. He is a little old school in this and I am a little romantic, I think he will want to have an actual proposal to me and I kind of like the idea. So I just won't bring the topic up until he does.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT, Monday
    1. log all food :/
    2. enjoyed a margarita and a bratwurst while watching the eclipse, so light eating tonite :) Except I had TWO!! And CHIPS!!! But ... we did enjoy the eclipse immensely!
    3. got to the gym -- but lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :/ Could not go because I had to take my daughter to the eye doctor earlyr
    4. CLOSE THE KITCHEN tonite -- remember, sip on water. Food is not the answ :/

OK - so I didnt' even get on here yesterday to post any goals, and the day reflected that. Too many chips, the kitchen had a "open" sign on the entire day --- and I did just terrible! Same way today. I think I am in a downer mood - which leads to overeating. Tonite. .... yes ... I'll admit it .... I bought a bag of those stupid little pumpkin candies ... and ate the entire bag! what in the world is wrong with me ... those things arn't even that good!! .

but... tomorrow will be a new day, so I am posting my goals on here tonite, and try and turn this week around
    JFT, Wednesday
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on WATER WATER WATER
    3. sip water in the evening
    4. close the kitchen except for 3 meals, and PLANNED snacks
    5. sit down and write up a menu so I know what to make. No more impulse cooking.

I used to be so good with planning, but now that hubby is home all day, he tends to want more of a say as to what to eat. So many of the recipes I used to make he does not want ... you know ... that one has pasta, and he does not want pasta. Another one has rice, and he thinks rice is not good for us. He thinks pork is fattening. I want to use the crockpot ... and he does not like that because he said it makes him hungry all day. So this has been a struggle with what to make. I don't have many recipes using only "meat" except for grilling. And I am sick of grilled chicken or grilled hamburgers, which is what we tend to make a lot of.

So tomorrow, goal is also to:
    6. find some meal ideas that have a lot of protein, and get back to planning meals
    7. cut up veggies so I have my snack handy ... so I don't just grab another handful of walnuts
    8. rest when I am tired. That is better than eating food just because I am tired. Eating will not give me energy, but a short nap will

• mytime6630
    Options
    Ok, I've had a little break (which you can interpret as 'totally fell off the wagon for 2 weeks and ate like a massive pig').

Welcome back!; I was wondering how you were doing, and so happy to have you back with us!
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2017
    Options

GET PREGNANT NOW!

What this --- someone else having a baby????HGSmith?? Guess I better go back and read posts!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Still home sick with this stupid upper respiratory infection. Chest hurts, breathing is hard and my head is throbbing. So, JFT I am just going to try to get lots of fluids in and rest. That's it.

Thinking about you all.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Recap M 8/21 Today is hubby's and my lucky 13th wedding anniversary. .

Happy anniversary!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track after badly reinjuring my knee...severed my ACL many years ago, never had surgery.

Tuesday:
    1. Plan/pretrack workouts for the week
    2. Gym workout--lift at half weight with legs
    3. Gardening/walking
    4. Drink at least 8C water
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    formaggio wrote: »

Ahah I live in the U.K.
    A drive-thru pharmacy is unheard of :sweat_smile:
    Drive-thru pharmacies are the greatest when you have kids in tow!

Yes-drive thru is ideal when you have a sick kid in the backseat :smile:

And when you don't want strangers' kids all over you when you are sick/injured, or when you have reduced immunity and need to stay away from the little disease vectors in general. I switched pharmacies just for this reason.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Get well soon! Enjoy the rest as much as you can :)

@joan6630 You should look at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/. It's got LOADS of recipes on there and has the calories on all of them (they're not always completely accurate so you have to re-calculate but it helps you target ones that are roughly what you want. You can search by ingredient and can also filter by calories/ cooking time/ difficulty/ veggie/ low salt/ etc. It's great for inspiration!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Succeeded on my 1st day back on the wagon! And was rewarded with a 3 lb weight loss (obviously water weight only, but still happy to know those 3 lb weren't 'real')

3 more days of being 'super good' to go before the weekend (when I will relax a little.... but not too much!)

I've decided I want to aim to be at my goal weight by the end of the year. That's just under a pound a week so SHOULD be do-able. In reality it will be difficult as I tend to average around half a pound a week (taking into account the weeks where I don't lose anything/ put a little back on due to social events etc.)

But I'm going to try - if I don't try, I definitely won't get there! I will report back on my progress regularly. If I stop doing so, or am clearly not putting effort in, feel free to give me a hard time!

Yesterday's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat :/ Didn't log dinner as it came out of freezer and hadn't written down what was actually in it when it was made. But I knew it was less than the no of calories I had left (700)
    - No snacks except ryvita :smile: No snacks at all! Woop
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Be in the green :smile: Assuming dinner was <700 (pretty certain about this)
    - 30 + minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Listen to music to boost mood :neutral: Did so on way to work but forgot while at work. Mood was good though
    - Read one paper today :neutral: Didn't bother because the interview I thought might be this week was scheduled for 2 weeks time! I have to get on today as I have no excuse for being under prepared now....
    - Leave work by 5.30pm :neutral: 5.50?

Today's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green by 250 (exercise calories)

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Read two papers today
    - Leave work by 5.30pm
    - Go to gym after work and burn at least 250 calories (not much but I'm still only allowed to do light exercise which restricts what I can do)
    - Check out gym classes
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track after badly reinjuring my knee...severed my ACL many years ago, never had surgery.

Tuesday:
    1. Plan/pretrack workouts for the week
    2. Gym workout--lift at half weight with legs
    3. Gardening/walking
    4. Drink at least 8C water

So sorry to hear this. I'm walking around with a few torn tendons in my ankle right now. In the middle of the cycle of physical therapists, surgeons and neurologists, trying to decide whether to have surgery. I'm wearing a brace --
    I'll pretty much do anything to avoid having this surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery. <3
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @joan6630;c-40291399] Weekly weigh-in (You are Amazing)
    August 21 - 195. Well, I have no one to blame except myself - 2 or 3 days of overeating. But .... I DID see 193 on the scale, so maybe next week
    You're in good company (?). I added two or three pounds back this week--appetite has returned, and I just can't seem to stay out of the kitchen! I have been fixing good meals, but--maybe they're too good--lol/
    Starting weight: 168
    Current weight: 156
    Best weight: 153
    Gotta get back on track with both exercise and diet!