Options

Replies

• pennoxford
    pennoxford Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    pennoxford wrote: »
    I never knew how hard chairs are—my butt hurts all the time, and I keep somehow sitting on my own buttcheeks wrong? I keep having to stand up and sit down again to keep it from hurting. Gross!!!
    Don't know if this will in any way help but I used to have a yoga teacher who would have us shift right and left until we got onto our 'sit bones' every time we began a seated series of moves. The idea was to actually separate the left from right butt cheek, so she'd also tell us (though I realise this was yoga class not the middle of a busy restaurant or something) that if we couldn't get our cheeks in the right position with this shifting around then to literally reach under and manually move our cheeks apart a bit. I have to admit I did find it more comfortable ...

That sounds exactly like it!! I hate it!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I never knew how hard chairs are—my butt hurts all the time, and I keep somehow sitting on my own buttcheeks wrong? I keep having to stand up and sit down again to keep it from hurting. Gross!!!
    Don't know if this will in any way help but I used to have a yoga teacher who would have us shift right and left until we got onto our 'sit bones' every time we began a seated series of moves. The idea was to actually separate the left from right butt cheek, so she'd also tell us (though I realise this was yoga class not the middle of a busy restaurant or something) that if we couldn't get our cheeks in the right position with this shifting around then to literally reach under and manually move our cheeks apart a bit. I have to admit I did find it more comfortable ...

That sounds exactly like it!! I hate it!

Haha according to her it was better for our spines too, so knowing that, whenever nobody's looking maybe just reach down there as you're about to sit and 'manually spread' so that you don't have to get back up and sit back down, at least until such time as things realign themselves to the correct position on their own? :)
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Aarjono wrote: »
    How great it is to be able to sleep on my stomach without feeling like a pufferfish.

Love this mental picture :D I'll be a pufferfish for a good while yet, but I look forward to feeling as you do :)
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haha according to her it was better for our spines too, so knowing that, whenever nobody's looking maybe just reach down there as you're about to sit and 'manually spread' so that you don't have to get back up and sit back down, at least until such time as things realign themselves to the correct position on their own? :)

The things I learn on here ..... :D I will squirrel away that tip for the happy day when that part of my anatomy is no longer padded out. B)

• lisamaroo
    lisamaroo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lisamaroo wrote: »
    No one told me that when you're tall and have a decent amount of weight to lose, your clothing size won't change much. I had lost 45 lbs last year and only went down one pant size. Probably didn't help that I had been stuffing myself into clothes too small for me to begin with. Needless to say it crushed me. How can you lose so much weight but still fit the same clothing? It kinda defeated me and I gained it all back. I am back on the wagon, 24 lbs down (1/4ish the way there) and not going to let that stop me now that I know it'll take a bit more for me to see a difference.

As a fellow tall person (6'1" heyyy) I hear you! It takes a while to go down the first few sizes but then it gets faster. I started at a 22 but I was an 18/20 for most of my weight loss journey. Then I quickly went to 16 and then 14 and suddenly the 14s are too big. Makes it a pain to buy pants, lol.

That was pretty much me! Started at a size 20 but squeezed my butt into 18's. I fit those 18's until I hit 45lbs and went down to a 16.

I think I'll stick to the tights I've been wearing, at least until I hit the half way mark.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    lisamaroo wrote: »
    No one told me that when you're tall and have a decent amount of weight to lose, your clothing size won't change much. I had lost 45 lbs last year and only went down one pant size. Probably didn't help that I had been stuffing myself into clothes too small for me to begin with. Needless to say it crushed me. How can you lose so much weight but still fit the same clothing? It kinda defeated me and I gained it all back. I am back on the wagon, 24 lbs down (1/4ish the way there) and not going to let that stop me now that I know it'll take a bit more for me to see a difference.

I'm 5'8" and I experienced this too! I must have been stuffing myself into my 14s because I lost 40 pounds and I'm still only in 12s lol. Oh well! My mom is 5"3" and she always said "Every ten pounds is a size" Uh, nope!
    Hah, it happens to us shorties too. I was wearing size 14 pants at 195 when I started and am wearing size 12 now about 35 lb lighter. I can squeeze into size 10 pants but they are not comfortable.

I keep thinking I have to be going down in pant size soon, don’t I?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!