Replies

• activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I can get a shiit ton done when I actually don’t have anything better to do
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    TIL I learned (by spending my entire day trying to get it right) how to do this new cast-on knitting technique:

s3n9rcl6bi8g.png

All so I could finally start working on this out of one of my knitting magazines:

hqdefault.jpg

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL Metallica’s ‘Master of Puppets’ was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" enough for preservation in the National Recording Registry by the United States Library of Congress in 2016, the first metal recording to do so.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL I learned (by spending my entire day trying to get it right) how to do this new cast-on knitting technique:

s3n9rcl6bi8g.png

All so I could finally start working on this out of one of my knitting magazines:

hqdefault.jpg

and OMG can you teach me????
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

s3n9rcl6bi8g.png

hqdefault.jpg

and OMG can you teach me????

I might be able to teach you. I self-taught. If I can do it, you can, too! :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,504 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL That the stormtrooper who hit his head on the door in the original Star Wars was also the stormtrooper who got mind tricked with “these are not the droids you’re looking for”. His name is Wanten.

u0285kxy4ry8.jpg

stupid ol' stormtrooper.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    TIL that a repair guy will charge you $50 to smack the control panel of your washing machine to get it working again.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    TIL...i can't handle my 2, 4, and5 year old nephews
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    TIL that a repair guy will charge you $50 to smack the control panel of your washing machine to get it working again.

It's only $1 to smack it.
    The $49 is to know where to smack it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

That's what she said.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options

If you didn't try that first then you had that coming...

I guess I haven't fixed appliances enough to know that technique. I don't typically go around smacking broken things. This is my go-to now, though.
  • Timshel_
    Options

That's what she said.

<3
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Tried some new effects to build a logo for an outreach program. Turned out decent for not much design work.

ygj14k315k81.gif
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Tried some new effects to build a logo for an outreach program. Turned out decent for not much design work.

ygj14k315k81.gif

What's going on on top of the C? Or is it just my dirty imagination?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

That's what she said.

Bazinga

Hey, that's @MeeseeksAndDestroy favorite term! She loves the Big Bang Theory. She has podcast and vblogs about this exact word.