Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I apparently need to spend some time catching up with this thread; I am like 4 pages behind. But I did have time to do the personality test, and inline with last time, I am an ESTJ-A.

I can see that.. I mean, when you mod MFP.. lol

What you see on the forums is nothing compared to what happens on the mod side.

I bet. I gather it's somewhat similar to what happens on the admin/mod side of facebook groups. What's said in public is not a reflection behind mod doors lol. That said, I'm absolutely an A [hole]

I am introvert but I'm an incredibly thick skinned introvert. You don't have a life like I've had and survive, even minimally, without it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dont see anyone getting LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-T) on that personality test, I'm just a weirdo!! :sad:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand seeing Lyle submit to being dominated and spoon fed whey protein completely ends my internet searching for the day lmao
  • anubis609
    Options
    I dont see anyone getting LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-T) on that personality test, I'm just a weirdo!! :sad:

I embrace levels of weirdness. I always say that the last thing I ever want to be is normal...whatever that is :lol:
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Yes, but you're a reliable weirdo by the sounds of the profile lol.

And your kind may unintentionally hurt my feelings because I am a sensitive snowflake. :p
  • JoLightensUp
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Aaaaand seeing Lyle submit to being dominated and spoon fed whey protein completely ends my internet searching for the day lmao

Speaking of which, is it the whey protein in protein drinks that makes them filling @anubis609? After your info about protein, I stole one of my husband's protein drinks to try and I could only drink half at once. I was trying to work out why from the ingredient's list.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Speaking of which, is it the whey protein in protein drinks that makes them filling @anubis609? After your info about protein, I stole one of my husband's protein drinks to try and I could only drink half at once. I was trying to work out why from the ingredient's list.

I'm going to assume it's the protein full stop. I use pea protein (because otherwise all my protein other than the tiny bit in veggies would come from dairy), and find it satiating. Though I do make my shakes with milk.
  • anubis609
    Options

Indeed, it is. Protein as a macro is the most satiating of all, and whey protein can definitely be filling. It's even been studied: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27809945

From personal observation, women may find it more satiating than men, due to the fact that women consume less protein on average, and so a bolus ingestion of whey might feel heavy, however it is a good source to supplement if one is short on protein for the day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Yes, but you're a reliable weirdo by the sounds of the profile lol.

And your kind may unintentionally hurt my feelings because I am a sensitive snowflake. :p

I'm reliably unreliable :tongue: I am an introvert most certainly, I only leave the house if i HAVE too. My only friends are my family and hubby, but that's my choice and I'm happy with it. People just annoy me... I just like being by myself.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I really should redo the test, but I think from memory I have an A at the end. Makes sense (and handy), given that my job involves analysing the crap out of stuff. Though currently I'm organising a mountain of data so that I can analyse the crap out of it. This is the not fun part. Excel and I have a love/hate relationship. Though I see the patterns emerging as I organise, and that starts my brain ticking over. Then I will make up a pretty story about marine (and a bit of freshwater) subsistence on the Kapiti Coast of NZ circa 500 years ago.

according to Anubis's link, the A at the end stands for this:

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

The T stands for:

Turbulent (-T) individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve.

Me? I'm totally a T!

Oh, wait, I'm a T. Absolutely, definitely, definitively a T. I was thinking the A was for analytical. Though, I have learned not to push myself too hard. My entire life is structured in a way to minimise anxiety.

Okay. I was worried there for a minute.

Total T here too.

In some respects I have a thick skin, but in others? Nope.
  • JoLightensUp
    Options

Indeed, it is. Protein as a macro is the most satiating of all, and whey protein can definitely be filling. It's even been studied: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27809945

From personal observation, women may find it more satiating than men, due to the fact that women consume less protein on average, and so a bolus ingestion of whey might feel heavy, however it is a good source to supplement if one is short on protein for the day.

Thanks for that and the link. Interesting. I hadn't had one before and found it was amazingly filling. Now that I know, I will keep them as a stand-by.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I really should redo the test, but I think from memory I have an A at the end. Makes sense (and handy), given that my job involves analysing the crap out of stuff. Though currently I'm organising a mountain of data so that I can analyse the crap out of it. This is the not fun part. Excel and I have a love/hate relationship. Though I see the patterns emerging as I organise, and that starts my brain ticking over. Then I will make up a pretty story about marine (and a bit of freshwater) subsistence on the Kapiti Coast of NZ circa 500 years ago.

according to Anubis's link, the A at the end stands for this:

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

The T stands for:

Turbulent (-T) individuals are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. They are likely to experience a wide range of emotions and to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve.

Me? I'm totally a T!

Oh, wait, I'm a T. Absolutely, definitely, definitively a T. I was thinking the A was for analytical. Though, I have learned not to push myself too hard. My entire life is structured in a way to minimise anxiety.

Okay. I was worried there for a minute.

Total T here too.

In some respects I have a thick skin, but in others? Nope.

Yep, also have a thick skin about some stuff.

I refer to myself as a cynical idealist. And an ice maiden.

That about sums me up. I inherited the title of Mother Superior from my late mother in law. That will do nicely for the ice maiden bit.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Cannot find the original reference to Myers Briggs, but it has been a longterm interest of mine.
    I am an INFJ - A

This is what I am :). 93% introvert.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Back to vaguely thread-related stuff -

NSV - gave my tee shirt drawer a much needed organise last night, and discovered that two of my concert tees that are smaller than a normal small fit again, huzzah!!

And finally felt like I got a decent workout with Strong Curves this morning, combo of increased resistance on some things and just mastering some of them I think. Borne out by my Fitbit, which gave me over twice the calorie burn I've had previously for Workout A.

I'm also kitten hungry today, but loads of cals to play with.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,879 Member
    Options
    Well, I took it twice and both time ended up with Virtuoso ISTP.
    Once -T and once -A.
    I now don't know if I am more confused or less confused :smiley:
    Do I need some fixing?
    <PS: we need some puppies... way too many cat people around here!!!>
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I like puppies too, but I get my fix of them on river walks. Always loads of puppies to say hi to :)
  • eponine1984
    eponine1984 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I always say my husband is part puppy. He's furry and super friendly. He's extremely extroverted, talks to everyone, makes instant lifelong friends. I'm extremely introverted and prone to anxiety so I talk to few people awkwardly. Opposites attract, right?

Where's that link @anubis609 shared about alcohol? Asking for a friend who just drank half a bottle of Pinot Grigio with dinner...