JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 23

Options

Replies

• cyranda63
    cyranda63 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am back for Round 23. I've been logging my calories every single day, but it hasn't been easy. I'd forget until the last minute. I'd do it though, and I never missed a day. Both of my sons' had really messed up birthdays this last round. My oldest turned 14 and my youngest turned 9. For 3 weeks we were at the hospital with Mom, and the day after our sons' made it through their birthdays (which are 4 days apart), Mom passed away. We've been in Missouri laying her to rest. It has been incredibly hard, and it is going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. Cancer is an ugly beast. I don't want her in pain or suffering anymore, but how I miss her so very much. We spoke every single day. Sometimes it was about her grandchildren, about her health, about the weather, what we were making for dinner, or what we did that day. I'm going to miss those talks most of all. Everyone keeps saying I will get adjusted to the new normal, but I'm not liking it at all right now.
    I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks @quiltingjaine for sending a message to check up on me. You knew what had happened without me saying a single word. You just noticed my absence. I appreciate that you reached out with your support and condolences. It means so much. You're the reason why I'm back this morning...doing these challenges again.

Round 23 SW: 166.8
    GW: 166
    UGW: 125

11/19 166.8 After a week on the road and living in a hotel to lay Mom to rest.
    11/20 167.6 Housework all day
    11/21 167.6 Back to work for the first time since Mom's been gone. It was a really hard day for me, and I just wanted to come back home.
    11/22 166.8 Going ahead with Thanksgiving preparations for Mom's side. I don't really feel like celebrating, but I need to do this for her.

You've been missed. Thank you @quiltingjaine for checking up on our girl. :smile:

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @enlightenme2

My sympathy on the death of your kitty.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I am back for Round 23. I've been logging my calories every single day, but it hasn't been easy. I'd forget until the last minute. I'd do it though, and I never missed a day. Both of my sons' had really messed up birthdays this last round. My oldest turned 14 and my youngest turned 9. For 3 weeks we were at the hospital with Mom, and the day after our sons' made it through their birthdays (which are 4 days apart), Mom passed away. We've been in Missouri laying her to rest. It has been incredibly hard, and it is going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. Cancer is an ugly beast. I don't want her in pain or suffering anymore, but how I miss her so very much. We spoke every single day. Sometimes it was about her grandchildren, about her health, about the weather, what we were making for dinner, or what we did that day. I'm going to miss those talks most of all. Everyone keeps saying I will get adjusted to the new normal, but I'm not liking it at all right now.
    I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks @quiltingjaine for sending a message to check up on me. You knew what had happened without me saying a single word. You just noticed my absence. I appreciate that you reached out with your support and condolences. It means so much. You're the reason why I'm back this morning...doing these challenges again.

Round 23 SW: 166.8
    GW: 166
    UGW: 125

11/19 166.8 After a week on the road and living in a hotel to lay Mom to rest.
    11/20 167.6 Housework all day
    11/21 167.6 Back to work for the first time since Mom's been gone. It was a really hard day for me, and I just wanted to come back home.
    11/22 166.8 Going ahead with Thanksgiving preparations for Mom's side. I don't really feel like celebrating, but I need to do this for her.
    My deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother. No matter what, it is such a hard time.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    @nikki062181 I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    11/19: 293 :( this oatmeal and banana breakfast sucks!
    11/20: 291.8: ate reasonable and got in 30 minutes on the indoor bike. Peeps starting to show up for Thanksgiving so the next several days are gonna be tough.
    11/21: 289.2: great day up till dinner. Too much company so fast food for supper. Two pieces of Popeyes chicken and green beans. Portion size was way down for me so it must have worked.
    11/22: 288.4: starting the day with oatmeal with bananas - yuk!
    11/23:
    11/24:
    11/25:
    11/26:

Why eat what you don't like? So many options out there.