WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Margaret- Happy Birthday! Have a great day Celebrating! Love the pictures!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Took a few days off from the thread and ..... big mistake. Too many to read. So happy belated thanksgiving y’all. We had 22 people for dinner. I didn’t suffer with calorie overload but did have some chocolates and that dumped me right out of ketosis. But it’s one day. If I am strict with staying at 20 grams of carbs for the next few days I’ll be back in ketosis in a couple days. It was worth it. But to deal with the guilt I ran 12 miles with my son this morning. We had a great run. He’s really motivating although he’s worried he won’t finish his race in a few weeks (100 mike ultra marathon). I hope I was as encouraging to him as he was to me. Not sure it helped but I told him he had already done a 100k, what’s another 38 miles? Lol

I did not make my goal of having my shopping done. Almost but not quite. I have a couple of toughies to buy for.

Headed to early bed tonight. I’m beat. After the run we painted a side of our city house. Up and down ladders.

Marcelyn
    Feeling tired in Houston.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Allie- just remember that Tom is only out for himself. I really would still require him to reveal all financial transactions from the last 5 years including the house remodel. Thank goodness you are letting your attorney at least take this one on.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) There were 21 students in my line dance class this morning (attendance is usually close to 40) and all were happy to be able to dance and be active in the middle of a holiday weekend.

Along with that, my pedometer clocked over 14,000 steps that included 149 minutes of dog walking. Also spent 105 minutes riding the exercise bike.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Aaaa
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Machka - I used to make home made perogies. I helped Larry's Mom make thousands of them for Goose Fest. Now that was a lot of work.

KJ - Look at that little Smartie reading all ready. Joaquin is such a cutie.

Carol - Not that's a pretty bird!

Lanette - Greysyn has 2 acoustic guitars (student and full size and a Fender electric. On his wish list - a Les Paul. Today he was telling me the benefits of music for the brain ( he's thinking of becoming a neurologist)
    He also believes in exercise helping the brain.

Karen - I feel like I can smell your turkey soup. Mmmmmm

Allie - Stand strong. Just keep reiterating that these discussions are better dealt with through the attorney.

Margaret - Happy Birthday.

I was at work at 5:30. It was quieter than I would have thought until 10 a.m. I was beat when I got home after doing some shopping for my kids at work.

Greysyn came and helped me finish up the last of what I wanted to do to the house. We did have a bit of a fight when I discovered that he had thrown a $5000 cheque in the recycling because he wasn't listening. He apologized and so did I . He's 14 and sometimes his mind is anywhere but listening to Grandma. Overall I enjoyed his company although I probably should tell him to quit making me hot chocolate when he comes over.

Jheri is on the front page of our local paper. It's not a great photo of her but it does showcase one of her windows. She wishes she could have been looking glamorous instead of paint spattered. I love it.

Larry got home late this afternoon. He is now saying he didn't want this party and I am always trying to control him. Sheesh! We discussed the party over a month ago. It's going ahead. I told him that fine it was just to celebrate our son but that I was not uninviting people. I'd say I hope he has a good time but right now I really don't care. He talked quite a bit about his ex wife who was also out in Vancouver working on our son's condo. It felt weird somehow. We'll see where this goes and what our next discussion brings. I had a pretty good week while he was gone.

Better get to bed. My shifts are at 6 a.m. for the next week and probably until Christmas. Ugh!

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I saw on Facebook this evening that Joyce stumblee and fell this afternoon, breaking a bone in her foot in two places. She thought she had broken her elbow, it's not broken but she probably has some ligament damage and its quite painful.

Please remember her in your thoughts and prayers.

Big (((hugs))) Joyce.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne!
    My son lives in Nottingham. Great city!

I am thinking of Joyce right now! <3 Thanks Janetr for passing that on.

Just resting on my bed for a minute before we set of for the local primary school Christmas Fayre. It's about 15 mins walk. This afternoon we are catching the train to Winchester for the Christmas market.
    All going well so far. The meal last night was quite a performance and we still had washing up to do this morning :o>:) but it was all delicious. DH is exercising, but I am giving it a miss today as we will be walking a lot. One day won't kill me.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I am up and having my tea.. My friend Rob stopped yesterday and maybe this is how the heat/ac unit works but he will research and get back to me.. he brought his wiener dog with him Baby he such a cute thing and of course we were fast friends. my brother stopped for a few minutes he hasnt been here since I have it all set up and he said it was to clean , well there is only me living here so ,I dont know what he thinks , but I think he had been drinking and that hurts me so...I texted his wife to see if she could tell or not and she was busy with company..they are decorating the tree here today at 10 am so might go help with that...and of course go down to see my DFIL, meeting up with my girlfriend up at her familys home right up the street tonight
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Nov 18 - 162.3 km cycling (507 min) ... November Century!!
    Nov 19 - 3.2 km walking (40 min)
    Nov 20 - 7.1 km walking (88 min)
    Nov 21 - 7.6 km walking (95 min) + 10 flights of stairs (8 min)
    Nov 22 - 10.9 km walking (136 min) + 10 flights of stairs (8 min)
    Nov 23 - 11 km walking (137 min) + 12 flights of stairs (9 min)
    Nov 24 - 7.6 km walking (95 min) + 14 flights of stairs (11 min)
    Nov 25 - 50 km cycling (148 min) + 1.6 km walking (20 min)

**That's 49 km walking this week ... longest week of walking I've done since I started keeping track January 1, 2015.** :):)

2017 Monthly November
    Walking Distance (km): 133.8
    Walking Time (min): 1638.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 246.8
    Cycling Time (min): 763.9
    Stairs Climbed Number: 170.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 136.0
    Other Distance: 1.6
    Other Time: 10.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 382.2
    Total Distance (miles): 237.5
    Total Time (min): 2548.7
    Total Time (hr): 42:28:42
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    thanks for the update Carol... to bad we dont have address for hospital we could send her some cards
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3<3 to Joyce and Lenora and anyone else dealing with injuries or health stress.

Yesterday, I hit the mall with DD to help her shop, pleasant enough time, not crowded and she is so frugal, she doesn't overshop, but bought some lovely sweaters. We also went out to lunch and that's where I started to fall off the wagon hard....

Back to reality, exercise, clean out the fridge and restart the meal planning. I will be giving away the pecan pie (that's my downfall) just don't need it sending out signals to me from the kitchen!!

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    <3<3 to Joyce and Lenora and anyone else dealing with injuries or health stress.

Yes!