**Red Team Kick the Crap Out of August Challenge**

Options

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    WTG everyone! Thanks for the posts and keep up the great work :o)
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Aug 1st:
    Cals over
    Water done
    Jumping jacks and 30DS

Aug 2nd:
    Cals under
    Water done
    Walking 40mins (2 miles) and 30DS

Aug 3rd:
    Cals just over :(
    Water done
    50 push ups and 50 sit ups

Aug 4th:
    Cals under (so far...)
    Water going okay so far ...
    intend to do all exercise tonight (30ds and the up and downs)

Man I hate pre-period and period week. Hungry, hungry hunrgy.
  • o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    monday = jumping jacks done, water done , over cals by 10 i think :(
    tuesday = mile done, water done, under cals
    wednesday= sit ups done, water done, under cals
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    August 1st
    Water done
    Under cal
    100 Jax not done (rest day. Will do jacks on sun)

August 2nd
    Water done
    Cals on track
    Extra mile done

Agustin 3rd
    Water done
    Cals on track
    Crunches done.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Aug 1
    Jacks done
    Water done
    Under calories done

Aug 2
    Mile done
    Water done
    Under calorie done

Aug 3
    Sit UPS done
    Water done
    Calories done
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sry Aug 3 calories under not just done.
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    August 1
    Water intake: Done
    Daily challenge: Done
    Under Calories

August 2
    Water intake: Done
    Daily Challenge: Done
    Under Calories

August 3
    Water Intake : Done
    Daily challenge: Done
    Under Calories
  • freeloaves
    Options
    August 4:

Cals under
    Water on target
    Exercise: 30DS and I tried the up and downs but slid on my face! haha! I instead did a few mins of hardcore knee kicks at a fast pace. Flatmate was witness. Had stitches it was that hardcore.
  • lukybug
    Options
    If you have bad knees here is an alternative for the ups and downs exercise. 100 Toe Touches. Stand up straight arms straight above your head. Take your right hand down and touch your left foot. Alternate the left hand to right foot. Stand up Straight that = 1. Do 100 of those and you are set for today!

PUSH YOURSELF TO DO MORE!!! Your big weigh in is right around the corner. IT IS CRUNCH TIME PEOPLE!!!! You are stronger than you believe so go go go go! (I'm smiling while I say this because I'm ridiculously sore today from two days of crunches and Insanity.) We can do this guys! In the words of Shaun T "FOCUS AND GO!" You are stronger than your body and mind believes. Push yourselves every day and then be proud of yourself for that accomplishment.
  • lukybug
    Options
    Update on scoring - There will be a modification later today regarding some important changes in the team scoring. After much thought and consideration it's been decided to move towards a percentage based challenge. These changes are to accommodate those teams who have lost team members. The % will make this fair across the board. Thank you for your understanding I believe this will provide for better results and make all teams equal.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    August 2 - Assigned to team

Water - Done
    Daily Challenge - Done
    Under Calories

August 3 -

Water - Done
    Daily CHallenge - Done
    Under Calories
  • amwat
    amwat Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi My name is Anne I am 55 years old and have never been this heavy. I lost my mom 3 years ago to Alzhiemers she had it for 4 years prior and it was a long tough battle I also lost my sister-in-law that year my 34 yr old horse and my dog I guess thats what happens when you get older. Got very depressed and ended up eating. Blossomed to 225 last fall have yoyoed up and down over winter and when I started the challenge was at 202lbs. have lost 2lbs so this is motivating me. Would like to be at 145 in 2007 I was at 145 after a Jenny Craig program but I didn't have so much weight to lose back then. I'm 5'7" so 145 is my ideal weight but if I get there and can do more I will. I have 2 grown kids, 5 grandkids and a husband of 37 years. I'm an animal lover I have 2 horses ,2 goats,12 hens and 3 roosters (who need a good home as they crow all the time) a dog who goes with me everywhere 2 cats ,a parrot (cockatoo) and some tropical fish. think I got everybody. So I am busy cleaning alot thats always been my excuse for not exercising but this site has changed that. .Sorry my bio is late just found this site
  • carol2710
    Options
    August 4th
    calories under
    up and downs done
    stuggling with water but will get there : )
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Anne I am 55 years old and have never been this heavy. I lost my mom 3 years ago to Alzhiemers she had it for 4 years prior and it was a long tough battle I also lost my sister-in-law that year my 34 yr old horse and my dog I guess thats what happens when you get older. Got very depressed and ended up eating. Blossomed to 225 last fall have yoyoed up and down over winter and when I started the challenge was at 202lbs. have lost 2lbs so this is motivating me. Would like to be at 145 in 2007 I was at 145 after a Jenny Craig program but I didn't have so much weight to lose back then. I'm 5'7" so 145 is my ideal weight but if I get there and can do more I will. I have 2 grown kids, 5 grandkids and a husband of 37 years. I'm an animal lover I have 2 horses ,2 goats,12 hens and 3 roosters (who need a good home as they crow all the time) a dog who goes with me everywhere 2 cats ,a parrot (cockatoo) and some tropical fish. think I got everybody. So I am busy cleaning alot thats always been my excuse for not exercising but this site has changed that. .Sorry my bio is late just found this site

Hi Anne! I'm Corinne. I would take the roosters (and the goats) off your hands but my hubby would probably have something to say about that. So nice to meet you! Welcome!
  • lukybug
    Options
    I forgot to mention, Gary want us to do before and after pics. It isn't too late to get your before one done. Please let me know if you want to do it either way. I already have a few of yours, so thanks for sending those already. I'm not a big fan of the camera, but it is was a huge reality check for me when I saw the pics my husband took for me on Monday. Not only that, but I want to be able to see what I have accomplished in 31 days. I think pictures can be a huge reality check, but in the same, can be very rewarding when all is said and done.

My personal e-mail was sent in the Forum and Housekeeping message I sent to you all on Saturday. if you don't have it anymore, let me know and I'll get it to you. Thanks!
  • freeloaves
    Options
    I will try the up and downs again tonight on top of today's challenge and 30DS (omg tiring) otherwise I will do the alternate. I have before pics. Will send them to you later.
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :) I am just making sure I am doing this right. I log everything everyday but I am waiting ubtil sunday to post my weeks work and weigh in in the forum. Is that ok? Or should I post here everyday?
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    Aug 1
    100 jumping jacks
    Over 8 cups of water drank
    Below on calorie count
    Aug 2
    Extra 1.2miles walked
    Over 8 cups of Water drank
    Below on calorie count
    Aug 3
    50 sit-ups
    Over 8 cups of water drank
    Below on calorie count
    Aug 4
    40 up and downs at moderate pace done
    12 cups of water drank
    Below on calorie count

Sad part is my muscles are sore for doing things they are not use to, so they are soaking up all the water. I am above my starting weight.

To those of you having trouble with the water. It took me a year to get use to drinking this
    much. Last year I had a dietian tell me that the 8 - 8 oz of water per day was for thin people, the more you weigh the more tissue you have to hydrate. That she recommended 1 oz for every 2 lbs of weight. I weight a little less than 255 so that would be around 127 oz of water/ day.
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    August 4, 2011
    Water - 64+ ounces
    Diary - Under Cals
    Daily Challenge - 40 ups & downs (exhausting)
  • Collegegal13
    Options
    August 4th
    Water done
    Cals on track
    Up and downs done