The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• LunaLoser140117
    LunaLoser140117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 40 in a month. Have lots to lose and looking for other pals to keep me company along the way.
  • ColinHigginsUK
    ColinHigginsUK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m near the end of the scale for this group. But all the support I can get is welcome, so please feel free to add me.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I’ve been adding many of you to my friends list. Amazing how many have quit since this thread started.

I stopped requesting folks unless their post was a few weeks old & they are still active. And holding off on accepting requests from people who don't post or log anything.
  • ColtRocker
    ColtRocker Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    47 and getting younger by the day!
  • 7189kel
    7189kel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Got in 30 min strength video, 10 min of yoga, & 15 min of elliptical today, also logged all my food today. Weighed my heaviest weight ever this AM, got to make some changes
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    B)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    juanwilly wrote: »
    Am I too old for this group? Over 60 but still young!

Wow..no way do you look 60 :)
    43 but in my mind Im hmmm maybe 34.. Yeah, I think I'll be 34 this year, maybe 38 next year or 31 idk :laugh: jk..age really is just a number
  • safarigirlelka
    safarigirlelka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 on Wednesday! A few new friends will be a perfect birthday present! :)
  • usernameformyfitnesspal1
    Options
    Im 37 Feel free to add me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Turned 60 over the last weekend, so I'll probably get kicked off this thread, lol. My coach ordered me to take the month of November off as a recovery period, so I'm now well rested and ready to get back to building my fitness base over the winter. Always enjoy comparing notes with others interested in running and endurance sports.
  • Bmmonahan
    Bmmonahan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Almost 54. Need some motivation to drop 20 lbs.
  • RooK2012
    RooK2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me myself going to be 50 sooner then I think
  • GuyWinton
    GuyWinton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    x1lvbuk3hzyk.jpg

I hate to admit that I'm 64, but all is not bad! (I'm not deluding myself that) my body is much younger than my calendar. I'll have to make a forum-appropriate selfie soon to document my progress...

With my trainer's help, I'm continuing to drop body fat and gain muscle mass (we measure and track it monthly). My current (realistic) goal is 15" arms within 3 months....

In mid-May 2017 I totally changed my diet to get my salt intake below 1500 mg/day ("no" salt / "no" sugar / "no" starch / no chemical crap), and my thinner blood allows me vastly faster growth and quicker recovery time (and lowered my BP), and I work out 5 days a week.

I use various self-motivational methods for fun... One is, I had a couple of T-shirts made up: "Does This Make Me Look Single", and "No Excuses / No Fear / No Mercy".

Screw Superman and Captain America - Rocky is the Man!
  • safarigirlelka
    safarigirlelka Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Dont want to sound negative but why would you want someone as friends if you have not interacted with them either on forums or thru mutual friends? and probably even if added you would not interact with them?

Good question. For me I think sometimes my friend list feels like its a little inbred!
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    44 here - add me if you are active and willing to interact
  • Dcraft23
    Dcraft23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Finally back in the groove!
    My first day! :-)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Lots of new posts here over Thanksgiving break! Welcome new middle-agers! I had a quiet Thanksgiving break, and didn't over-indulge. I am sick of the leftovers though. Finally all gone, and back to healthy eating for the next few weeks. I managed to maintain during the break, but got lots of workouts in.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you all survived the Thanksgiving weekend / eating. Luckily for us Canucks, it was a regular ol' weekend. Got a good hike in on Saturday looking for a Christmas tree. Found a nice one and one for our son. They are both marked and we will head back out next week to chop 'er down. :)
  • luchomonza
    luchomonza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Late 30’s add me!