The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AnnetteUK2016
    AnnetteUK2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Feel free to add me im 35.
  • OpenHeart73
    OpenHeart73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and can relate. Feel free to add me.
  • 7189kel
    7189kel Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Worked out to a with Shaun T dance video today, looked a little like a drunken cow but got in a good workout & it was mostly fun. Struggling to rein in those calories
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    7189kel wrote: »
    Worked out to a with Shaun T dance video today, looked a little like a drunken cow but got in a good workout & it was mostly fun. Struggling to rein in those calories

I was just about to pop in a dance workout! I will either use Shaun T or TheFirm - Alison Davis-McLain. Still debating. And while I'm debating I'm procrastinating.
  • Greater_Gains
    Greater_Gains Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 32, originally from South Africa but live in the UK - ESSEX area feel free to add me
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 32, originally from South Africa but live in the UK - ESSEX area feel free to add me

Woop woop! Another South African! You can take the man out of Africa but you can never take Africa out of the man! Missing biltong? I think I would miss that most of all
  • Greater_Gains
    Greater_Gains Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Woop woop! Another South African! You can take the man out of Africa but you can never take Africa out of the man! Missing biltong? I think I would miss that most of all

haha lol i make my own :smile:
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Hi All,

haha lol i make my own :smile:

It's the only way! My dad has some blesbok in the freezer waiting to be made into biltong! Homemage gingerbeer is next on my to-do list
  • GuyWinton
    GuyWinton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Share fitness advice? People who's bodies have been exposed the longest to modern conditions of life may need to come to grips with issues that younger ones haven't yet considered. I'm learning as I go, so I don't have all the answers (or questions), but some things have become clear to me...

My most cogent thoughts are here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/40919782#Comment_40919782
  • tlatant
    tlatant Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    56 - feel free to add me!
  • Lucofthewind
    Lucofthewind Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    35 here, feel free to add!
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    41, Canada, add me :)
  • ZoeB317
    ZoeB317 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how can i add users as friends, or at least send a request please? i’m not exactly tech savvy (as you can probably tell) Haha
  • Treena59
    Treena59 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 58 year old over weight woman, who needs a helping hand and encouragement to try and get healthier and to lose about 50 to 80 lbs. I am just not motivated at all...because I have lower back issue...plus I had a knee replacement. So there is limitations when it comes to going on the floor to do exercise. But I am willing to do standing up or in a chair....I am a breast cancer survivor and now with the new studies, over weight is one of the cause's for breast cancer....which I hear it from my cancer Dr every year. I would love to see him next years at least 25 to 30 lbs light.....Thanks
  • KCotey3354
    KCotey3354 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Welcome newbies!
    ZoeB317 wrote: »
    how can i add users as friends, or at least send a request please? i’m not exactly tech savvy (as you can probably tell) Haha

I am on my phone, so I can tell you how I do it. Tap on the person's username - their profile will come up. Tap on their username again and there will be a diary icon and a friend icon (two people, head and shoulders). Tap on the friend icon and a message draft will come up. Type in your username and a message (optional) and tap send.
    Treena59 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am a 58 year old over weight woman, who needs a helping hand and encouragement to try and get healthier and to lose about 50 to 80 lbs. I am just not motivated at all...because I have lower back issue...plus I had a knee replacement. So there is limitations when it comes to going on the floor to do exercise. But I am willing to do standing up or in a chair....I am a breast cancer survivor and now with the new studies, over weight is one of the cause's for breast cancer....which I hear it from my cancer Dr every year. I would love to see him next years at least 25 to 30 lbs light.....Thanks

I am sorry you are having such an uphill battle with your body. You have come to the right place. Motivation starts with you, but being here means you'be already decided to make a positive change in your life.
  • GuyWinton
    GuyWinton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Losing wt is 80% diet changes and 20% exercise, so don't hurt yourself exercising - just walk and try simple bending and stretching movements until the wt starts coming off....then you can start adding more exercises.
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 40 here! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • davina6699
    davina6699 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 49. I swim use the gym and walk. Please add me as I don't know how do do it.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    ZoeB317 wrote: »

davina6699 wrote: »
    Hi I'm 49. I swim use the gym and walk. Please add me as I don't know how do do it.

To add friends - Click on the user's name in the left sidebar. That will open a window with the user's photo. Click on the name again. Another window will open. You will see a button that says "Add as Friend". Click on that button and your request will be sent. You can also send a message with the request.

Please add me as a friend if you would like.