Juice fasting

Options

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Really missing my juicer! And amazon hasn't shipped my order yet!!! Ugh!
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You'll get it soon enough....

Enjoyed my morning juice of apples strawberries and oranges

salad for lunch and Tilapia for dinner
  • rhomor
    rhomor Posts: 39
    Options
    2 apples
    1/2 lemon

SUPER GOOD!!!!!!!

3 Celery ribs
    3 Carrots
    3 slices of red onion
    handful of spinach
    handful of cilantro
    1 clove of garlic

Not too bad but there is an after taste. Also, don't smell it.
  • melleyd
    Options
    My husband is going to eat raw veggies while we wait for the juicer. I went to the health food store and bought some organic juices. Ugh, I cannot believe they haven't shipped the juicer yet. Amazon has never delayed anything this long before! Glad you are all enjoying your juice. I'm actually craving it! Going to go drink my bottled carrot/orange juice mixed with apple juice......
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    Options
    Good luck!! My sister and I tried this and it didn't work for us. I couldn't stand the smell/taste :sick: of the juiced veggies so we gave our juices/veggies to one of her friends at work who LOVES the stuff. Just wasn't for me. I wish you and anyone else who tries this fast the best of luck!! YOU CAN DO IT!! :happy:
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Still Chugging on, Day 14, nothing but juice. Down 25 pounds and i still feel amazing.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I remembered last year my rash was Doctor diagnosed with a somewhat mild case of Foliclitis. Did some more research yesterday and along with juicing part of 1 meal, I started taking Tumeric pills yesterday. Supposed to be very good for skin issues.
    What kind of rash? I only ask because I also have an ongoing rash which gets better and worse but never goes away completely and I've had it for a couple years now. The rash is teeny tiny dots and occasionally itches. I had a pb&j sandwich the other day and I started itching like crazy 30 minutes later, then took a benedryl and it eased up a lot. Its mostly all over my back, but also appears on my stomach/chest and occasionally my back. Very annoying. I also have been "playing around" with juicing once a day: spinach/coffee/milk/protein-powder breakfast smoothie and a green smoothie for or with a reduced lunch. Perhaps I will juice-only for a few days... One day at a time. Ok, I'll start with my very next meal: dinner. I'd hate to give up my breakfast coffe smoothie though.
    IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!

I went to my doctor because I have strange rashes and acid reflex and you know what his remedy was...JUICE FASTING. And I only weight 120 pounds :/ So to help maintain my weight and detox I'll be adding some bananas and avacados in the beginning. Nuts later on -that was my choice because I'm positive I'm not allergic to nuts and I don't want to loose weight too quickly. I'm sure If I drink enough I wont. Anyways-

So that was two weeks ago that I went to the doctor and I still haven't done any fasting completely :/ little self control I guess --BUT I have been having only juice for like half a day and maybe a whole day once a week-I know I won't get well until I do it completely but I've been on and off vacation and family events.

I need to plan better for my juice fast. Any ways- Haven't read every ones post but am definitley curious to see why and how everyone's juicing is going.

One thing I did notice while juicing is that the longer I stay clear of bread the less acid reflex I get. :( so sad news- gluten may be my issue.:( But I guess I'll see when I really get serious and go for ten days.....still have the rash.

Also-I'd love help and support from anyone who's done a detox fast or is going through one.
  • 69Jax69
    69Jax69 Posts: 32
    Options
    My husband and I decided to start juicing again today. We drink a lot of lemon water and for "brunch" we had peaches, strawberries, bananas, spinach and about a tbsp of flax seed.

From what I remember, day 2 is the hardest (or was for me last time) and I work tomorrow. Boo. I do know that by day 4 I can talk about food without salivating LOL! :)
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    That is so funny, we watched this the other day and tried it too! I couldn't make it through the first day....had horrible headaches and hunger (even though I'm fine fasting with no food and water one day a year)....the headaches really were horrible....I don't know why....I had to give it up! However we did add more food with micronutrients in our diet, so I hope that's good. (Plus it seems rather expensive to do, no?)
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I remembered last year my rash was Doctor diagnosed with a somewhat mild case of Foliclitis. Did some more research yesterday and along with juicing part of 1 meal, I started taking Tumeric pills yesterday. Supposed to be very good for skin issues.
    What kind of rash? I only ask because I also have an ongoing rash which gets better and worse but never goes away completely and I've had it for a couple years now. The rash is teeny tiny dots and occasionally itches. I had a pb&j sandwich the other day and I started itching like crazy 30 minutes later, then took a benedryl and it eased up a lot. Its mostly all over my back, but also appears on my stomach/chest and occasionally my back. Very annoying. I also have been "playing around" with juicing once a day: spinach/coffee/milk/protein-powder breakfast smoothie and a green smoothie for or with a reduced lunch. Perhaps I will juice-only for a few days... One day at a time. Ok, I'll start with my very next meal: dinner. I'd hate to give up my breakfast coffe smoothie though.
    IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!

I went to my doctor because I have strange rashes and acid reflex and you know what his remedy was...JUICE FASTING. And I only weight 120 pounds :/ So to help maintain my weight and detox I'll be adding some bananas and avacados in the beginning. Nuts later on -that was my choice because I'm positive I'm not allergic to nuts and I don't want to loose weight too quickly. I'm sure If I drink enough I wont. Anyways-

So that was two weeks ago that I went to the doctor and I still haven't done any fasting completely :/ little self control I guess --BUT I have been having only juice for like half a day and maybe a whole day once a week-I know I won't get well until I do it completely but I've been on and off vacation and family events.

I need to plan better for my juice fast. Any ways- Haven't read every ones post but am definitley curious to see why and how everyone's juicing is going.

One thing I did notice while juicing is that the longer I stay clear of bread the less acid reflex I get. :( so sad news- gluten may be my issue.:( But I guess I'll see when I really get serious and go for ten days.....still have the rash.

Also-I'd love help and support from anyone who's done a detox fast or is going through one.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner-My rash is due to Gluten Intolerance :/- kind of no fun but when I completely cut gluten out of my diet I feel 100% better-Not only is the rash gone but...well lots of other problems are gone. Try cutting out the wheat- juicing will also help your body heal/detox the gluten out of you if you are allergic to it :) best of luc!
  • melleyd
    Options
    The juicer should arrive today! I will let you all know how it goes!
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    My husband is going to eat raw veggies while we wait for the juicer. I went to the health food store and bought some organic juices. Ugh, I cannot believe they haven't shipped the juicer yet. Amazon has never delayed anything this long before! Glad you are all enjoying your juice. I'm actually craving it! Going to go drink my bottled carrot/orange juice mixed with apple juice......

It might be because of the strong storms we had recently, everytime theres a storm my mail comes later. Hope u get it soon
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. My internet and cable is out at my house, borrowing my parents internet today, so u might not see me for awhile till it comes back.

Happy Juicing :drinker: :drinker:
  • melleyd
    Options
    You have a great weekend too!

I have done a lot of fasting and I may need to consult an expert but just wondering if I should eat something before I have my MRI/MRA next week. I know they are using the contrast material. I feel I'm getting more nutrition than if I eat food but I don't want to have a bad reaction. I may need to consult a juicing forum. Let me know your thoughts!
  • kelly1922
    kelly1922 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just picked up my juicer!! They had one left! I got the Breville Ikon multi-speed, normally $199 but had a 20% off coupon! Does anyone have this one? My husband and I start on Monday. Going to buy all of our produce at a local farm tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to be healthy and thin again!!! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Definitely curious about the Breville Ion. What made you select that over the Juice Fountain Plus? (which has only 2 speeds). We got the Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain and it's working GREAT but only has one speed. It also has a smaller carafe and so I can see us adding a larger Breville and using this more for portability. So, that leaves me wondering if the Juice Fountain Plus would meet my needs (I don't like having to change out the carafe mid juice) or if the Ion would better suite it.......
  • MZATM
    MZATM Posts: 34
    Options
    This is something that I would definately love to try!!!! I'm going to look it up on netflix, and congrats....I hope you do well:smile:
  • kelly1922
    Options
    Definitely curious about the Breville Ion. What made you select that over the Juice Fountain Plus? (which has only 2 speeds). We got the Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain and it's working GREAT but only has one speed. It also has a smaller carafe and so I can see us adding a larger Breville and using this more for portability. So, that leaves me wondering if the Juice Fountain Plus would meet my needs (I don't like having to change out the carafe mid juice) or if the Ion would better suite it.......

originally we were going to get the Juice Fountain Plus, but when i saw that the Ikon had 5 speeds and i was able to get it for almost the same price by having a coupon, i had to go for it!! hopefully i'll be able to juice a ton of fruits and veggies with it!!!
  • kelly1922
    Options
    This is something that I would definately love to try!!!! I'm going to look it up on netflix, and congrats....I hope you do well:smile:

thank you!! definitely check it out on Netflix!!
  • shorty37t
    Options
    Just watched this documentary too! I also have been thinking about it, but only for 7 days. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!