New products that caught your eyes recently?

15945955975996001205

Replies

  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    OK, I usually only get the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurts because I don't like wasting a bunch of calories on yogurt and eat it for the protein, but I would throw all my yogurt rules away for these glorious flavors. Junk Banter spotted them at Shoprite (found it on their instagram page). I need it in my life. I never realized how much I needed it until now, but I can't go on much longer without them....
    civzuppa6aml.png

    tfpelwkkskwh.png

    Speaking of Junk Banter, they reviewed Halo Top's new gingerbread pint *drools even more* it's just not fair... WHY DID WEGMANS HAVE TO BE SOLD OUT?
    xk0lsx10i4fs.png

    As for Cyber Monday deals, I'm pretty disappointed honestly. Doesn't seem nearly as good as last year, Vitamin Shoppe needs to step up their game! The only thing I bought was Simply Scrumptous brownies and cupcakes since I'm addicted and they haven't sold the cupcakes for probably 3 years now but the only offer they had was free shipping which wasn't even THAT great (I saved a whopping $8) -.- The DOUGH Bar has 10% off and a free donut (but not crazy about the new flavors so I'm passing it), Doughble is giving away 2 free pint of cookie dough with any 4 pack (passing since I don't trust myself with a tub of cookie dough), and Dana's Bakery is giving away a free ozen of macarons with each order (which I almost splurged on, but decided not to since I've bought so many other foods to try recently and didn't want these to go bad).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,292 Member
    Just so you guys know vitaminshoppe has cyber monday 20% off everything and you save SO much if you do subscribe and save (additional 10%) PLUS 10% via ebates so thats a total of 40% off !!!!!!!! Quest bars are only 15 a box and I assume other protein bars/powders whatever you want would be cheapest you can find as well!

    After order ships you just go to manage my subscriptions and delete your subscription :) . I stocked up on everything. Too bad they don't sell halo top for you addicts out there lol.

    I'm a newbie to doing things like subscribe & save & Ebates. Should we delete it when we get the email saying it's being shipped or when we actually receive the products?

    Whichever you want as long as you delete before the next order ships. I’d wait until get email with tracking info. I’m going to delete once that email comes.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,292 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    OK, I usually only get the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurts because I don't like wasting a bunch of calories on yogurt and eat it for the protein, but I would throw all my yogurt rules away for these glorious flavors. Junk Banter spotted them at Shoprite (found it on their instagram page). I need it in my life. I never realized how much I needed it until now, but I can't go on much longer without them....
    civzuppa6aml.png

    tfpelwkkskwh.png

    Speaking of Junk Banter, they reviewed Halo Top's new gingerbread pint *drools even more* it's just not fair... WHY DID WEGMANS HAVE TO BE SOLD OUT?
    xk0lsx10i4fs.png

    As for Cyber Monday deals, I'm pretty disappointed honestly. Doesn't seem nearly as good as last year, Vitamin Shoppe needs to step up their game! The only thing I bought was Simply Scrumptous brownies and cupcakes since I'm addicted and they haven't sold the cupcakes for probably 3 years now but the only offer they had was free shipping which wasn't even THAT great (I saved a whopping $8) -.- The DOUGH Bar has 10% off and a free donut (but not crazy about the new flavors so I'm passing it), Doughble is giving away 2 free pint of cookie dough with any 4 pack (passing since I don't trust myself with a tub of cookie dough), and Dana's Bakery is giving away a free ozen of macarons with each order (which I almost splurged on, but decided not to since I've bought so many other foods to try recently and didn't want these to go bad).

    Guess it depends what your getting for me 15 bucks a box quest is super good deal lol. Just wish better deals on everything else lol

  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just so you guys know vitaminshoppe has cyber monday 20% off everything and you save SO much if you do subscribe and save (additional 10%) PLUS 10% via ebates so thats a total of 40% off !!!!!!!! Quest bars are only 15 a box and I assume other protein bars/powders whatever you want would be cheapest you can find as well!

    After order ships you just go to manage my subscriptions and delete your subscription :) . I stocked up on everything. Too bad they don't sell halo top for you addicts out there lol.

    I'm a newbie to doing things like subscribe & save & Ebates. Should we delete it when we get the email saying it's being shipped or when we actually receive the products?

    Whichever you want as long as you delete before the next order ships. I’d wait until get email with tracking info. I’m going to delete once that email comes.

    Thanks for all the info.

    I just did an order & got some new things to try!

    I bought the Muscletech Birthday Cake Cookies, The Muscle Sandwich Vanilla bars, & Quest Hero Chocolate Caramel Pecan. I also got a tub of the PES Vanilla protein powder to try.

    After I do my shopping at Walmart on Thursday (we get an extra discount for working Dark Thursday/Black Friday) I'll stock up on groceries & then try to lay off buying new/old foods for awhile. The only exception will be when I find the Halo Top Gingerbread since I doubt Walmart will be getting it in.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    b55imk826o6a.jpeg
    yvgf70y0d735.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    b55imk826o6a.jpeg
    yvgf70y0d735.jpeg

    Ok see, that's the thing with focusing on macros... for me it's really about finding a macro balance that is satiating to you.

    And I've never found protein powder or 'fake' protein food to be more satiating to me than the regular version. Is it weird? Like, Quest bars. For 200 calories, they don't fill me up more than a Kind bar. Is that weird?
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 203 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Good news: I found a store near me that sells the new Halo Top gingerbread flavor!!!!!
    Bad news: They were sold out. Of course.
    c1dkepcyspmr.jpeg


    I found it at Wegmans, and also spotted this weird fruit... has anyone tried it? I can’t find too many things about eating it raw so I didn’t pick it up but if it’s really good I might go back.
    y32faqgshoxl.jpeg


    I picked this up, too. Praying for it to taste like Holi Doodle. It was on sale and if it’s good I’m definitely driving back out ASAP. Melted a little from the long drive home since I don’t live that close to Wegmans so if it gets dense enough tonight I’d like to try it, if not, I’m having it tomorrow and will report back :)
    d4abuyor4fi1.jpeg

    Also, I saw these but not a price nor the calories anywhere but I don’t know... I’m beating myself up for not grabbing one haha
    0gcddoyukt2c.jpeg


    Is that a giant aloe vera leaf?! What do you do with that? I'm from Canada and I've NEVER seen that in the produce section...do you eat it? How do you cook it? Why is it in the produce department?!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    AshEvelynn wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Good news: I found a store near me that sells the new Halo Top gingerbread flavor!!!!!
    Bad news: They were sold out. Of course.
    c1dkepcyspmr.jpeg


    I found it at Wegmans, and also spotted this weird fruit... has anyone tried it? I can’t find too many things about eating it raw so I didn’t pick it up but if it’s really good I might go back.
    y32faqgshoxl.jpeg


    I picked this up, too. Praying for it to taste like Holi Doodle. It was on sale and if it’s good I’m definitely driving back out ASAP. Melted a little from the long drive home since I don’t live that close to Wegmans so if it gets dense enough tonight I’d like to try it, if not, I’m having it tomorrow and will report back :)
    d4abuyor4fi1.jpeg

    Also, I saw these but not a price nor the calories anywhere but I don’t know... I’m beating myself up for not grabbing one haha
    0gcddoyukt2c.jpeg


    Is that a giant aloe vera leaf?! What do you do with that? I'm from Canada and I've NEVER seen that in the produce section...do you eat it? How do you cook it? Why is it in the produce department?!

    Yes it is haha XD I only see them really at Wegman's, it's not like every grocery store in the US just has random aloe vera leaves occupying space in every produce department ;) I never bought it before but I would assume it's more for medicinal use like sunburns and they probably keep it with produce since it's a fresh leaf and it helps people notice it... I never really questioned it, I'm not completely sure though XD
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    b55imk826o6a.jpeg
    yvgf70y0d735.jpeg

    Ok see, that's the thing with focusing on macros... for me it's really about finding a macro balance that is satiating to you.

    And I've never found protein powder or 'fake' protein food to be more satiating to me than the regular version. Is it weird? Like, Quest bars. For 200 calories, they don't fill me up more than a Kind bar. Is that weird?

    Not weird at all, but I'm curious if it's actually more satiating to you physically or if it's your mentality about it that makes natural foods seem more satiating. I'm the opposite, I usually seek out the fake foods and am perfectly content, I'm just also cheap and would rather save $7 on bagels so I can fill up on less expensive protein sources and have that extra money for Halo Top and Enlightened :B It could be that kind bars have a higher fat content than quest and fat has been shown to be more satiating, so perhaps when you continuously reach for quest bars you don't get as much fat throughout the day and this causes more hunger later on? My parents and boyfriend, however, are totally against those "fake" foods and won't go anywhere near them. Although they're considered safe, it's probably healthier to opt for natural foods and I will feel guilty if I spend a full day eating only the processed stuff so I do try to limit it to a point. I know your taste buds though (they seem to be the complete opposite of mine) and these would end up in the trash bin if you got them!
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen. 2 of my favorite super foods in one convenient product.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,421 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    -snipped-

    Yet another argument for not ruining a delicious food by trying to cram protein into it.

    Instead, just eat a delicious regular bagel and drink a straight protein shake. Similar macros but without powering through a 6/10 tasting "bagel".

    (I have similar thoughts on protein pancakes, protein muffins, protein cookies, etc. STOP MAKING DELICIOUS FOOD LESS DELICIOUS!!)

    /rant
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Not as good as Holi-Doodle. Less sweet and it feels like it's missing something (probably cinnamon and actual icing that's hard and sweet but I'm not certain). Overall, Perry's sugar cookie dough ice cream is a very delicious treat (the purple frosting swirls don't taste like icing, it sort of reminds me of those Pillsbury ready to bake holiday sugar cookies I grew up on), but it's not Holi-Doodle and I'll always miss Holi-Doodle. I would probably get this again since I love those sugar cookies, but Holi-Doodle was much more well rounded as a flavor.
    Perry’s: 10/10; couldn't be better as a sugar cookie ice cream
    Holi-Doodle: 1000000/10; went above a sugar cookie ice cream and shall not be compared again.
    dpjam953b885.jpeg
    mrnptoyavra6.png

    Thanks for reviewing the ice cream!

    I bet Holidoodle met an early death last year when it was reported that it had listeria.
  • elcapitanp
    elcapitanp Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2017
    I want a Shape Scale, take 3d photos of your body and determines bodyfat and muscle growth changes over time. Also, there is a mouth guard that brushes your teeth in 3 seconds. Pretty nice. I know that neither of these are food/nutrition but I will leave this up anyway.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,204 Member
    When it says "Seriously Indulgent," it is NOT kidding. This stuff is amazing. A bit high calorie, but if it keeps me full until lunch I am definitely buying more of this in every flavor!

    kz90mhvov65z.jpg
    l4r8zudfhcej.jpg
    7vknqnddtld5.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,292 Member
    elcapitanp wrote: »
    I want a Shape Scale, take 3d photos of your body and determines bodyfat and muscle growth changes over time. Also, there is a mouth guard that brushes your teeth in 3 seconds. Pretty nice. I know that neither of these are food/nutrition but I will leave this up anyway.

    WOW I want that mouth guard sounds so cool
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    When it says "Seriously Indulgent," it is NOT kidding. This stuff is amazing. A bit high calorie, but if it keeps me full until lunch I am definitely buying more of this in every flavor!

    kz90mhvov65z.jpg
    l4r8zudfhcej.jpg
    7vknqnddtld5.jpg

    Oh I need to find that stuff.


    Chobani-Flip-Limited-Batch-Buttercrunch-Blast-Greek-Yogurt.jpg

    Not bad.. just a bit busy. Lots of different flavors there. My main issue as usual is that it's low fat yogurt and pretty watery.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    I read somewhere that mushroom coffee would be the next big thing in 2018 so I decided to test my luck and try it. I LOVE all things coffee, but I’m never going near this stuff again. It straight up smelled like mushrooms, not coffee, and didn’t taste much better. I forced myself to take three sips in case it might grow on me but the rest ended up down the kitchen sink. HORRIBLE. I can still smell it and it’s turning my stomach!
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,373 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I read somewhere that mushroom coffee would be the next big thing in 2018 so I decided to test my luck and try it. I LOVE all things coffee, but I’m never going near this stuff again. It straight up smelled like mushrooms, not coffee, and didn’t taste much better. I forced myself to take three sips in case it might grow on me but the rest ended up down the kitchen sink. HORRIBLE. I can still smell it and it’s turning my stomach!
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

    EWWWWW
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,292 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I read somewhere that mushroom coffee would be the next big thing in 2018 so I decided to test my luck and try it. I LOVE all things coffee, but I’m never going near this stuff again. It straight up smelled like mushrooms, not coffee, and didn’t taste much better. I forced myself to take three sips in case it might grow on me but the rest ended up down the kitchen sink. HORRIBLE. I can still smell it and it’s turning my stomach!
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

    EWWWWW

    OMG *gag* mushroom in my coffee sounds absolutely terrible. LOL thanks for trying so we know we aren't missing anything.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,292 Member
    edited November 2017
    After trying the “dog food” looking snacks wasn’t too excited when got these samples but wow the chocolate was really good. Lots of chocolate dusting thAt coated your fingers like you had Cheetos but chocolate lol.

    The bbq finally had flavor this time! Huge improvement from the pebbles. Loved the bbq flavor. The apple ones weren’t my favorite. Nice apple cinnamon flavor but had a certain strange taste. Might have just weirded me out that they were brown with green dusting on them and didn’t look very appetizing lol.

    zkx87lp6pvsz.jpeg
    9aiu2hrbpseq.jpeg
    m7d6qmmkb1t6.jpeg
    maloc2xi8nfs.jpeg