New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    I'm seeing all kinds of posts for "sweet" things. I don't have any trouble needing a new sweet thing in my eating plan. I saw the soup....that was nice, but, I make my own. Is anyone coming across new things that aren't sweet in one way or another? I did see the post for the Beyond Meat Beast Burger. I think I'll be trying that. Thanks for that post.

I've been wanting to try that beyond meat burgers that really look like meat and even "bleed" like meat just to try them. Haven't seen them at the store.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    amy_kee wrote: »
    I'm seeing all kinds of posts for "sweet" things. I don't have any trouble needing a new sweet thing in my eating plan. I saw the soup....that was nice, but, I make my own. Is anyone coming across new things that aren't sweet in one way or another? I did see the post for the Beyond Meat Beast Burger. I think I'll be trying that. Thanks for that post.
    Things tend to be posted as they are on sites like the Impulsive Buy, which is largely sweet things. Plenty of different foods from all sorts of companies get posted as people buy them. My last crappy little review was actually about herbal and green teas

Personally, I've been itching to try Quorn and some sweet potato tots. I love SP fries because they're... Well, kinda sweet
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try to try something new every week cause my taste buds have changed so much through this process, sometimes i have success but mostly it's yuck lol my partner just says in now just a picky bum cause I've gone off so much good it's crazy lol. Feel free to add me ladies and gents would like to get to know so many of you :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    dcraven16 wrote: »
    Found these in my Tesco the other day. I've been missing the Lemon Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookies since I've been in the UK, but these caramel bars are the BEST.

yva918z5oovq.jpg

I didn't think I'd like any flavor more than the pumpkin, but I'll be darned... now this one just speaks to me on another level XD
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    darbydean wrote: »
    I picked up a few Diet appropriate sweet things over the weekend... Cant wait to try
    guqsano98h7r.png

OOoooh, I LOVE lemon poppyseed. I need to find those.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Discovered this:
    rveq15hcwmx7.jpeg
    Loved it, then used it to make this:
    uw1erggxtsv0.jpeg
    And I've never been so impressed with anything I've made before (even if it was so easy a toddler could have done it) so I posted the recipe on this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10506918/under-400-calorie-individual-banana-cinnamon-coffee-protein-cake/p1?new=1

Seriously. I'm in love. But really, even by itself it's super creamy and has a great taste! HIGHLY recommend!

• hgycta
    Options
    Free Clean Whey bar:

Get a FREE Clean Whey Bar.
    http://www.powerbarcleanstart.com/

Thank you, I just signed up and can't wait, I've been wanting to try these!

Also, I contacted Fiber One like you guys suggested and they said they would mail replacement certificates... they never addressed whether or not my bar looked weird or if that's normally how much caramel they use, but I suppose I'll be finding out xD
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    No completely new, but here is something savory. I love these veggie fries with a passion, but it looks like my Kroger is no longer carrying them. I was excited to see them at Costco!

veggie-fries.jpg
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Discovered this:
    rveq15hcwmx7.jpeg
    uw1erggxtsv0.jpeg
    And I've never been so impressed with anything I've made before (even if it was so easy a toddler could have done it) so I posted the recipe on this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10506918/under-400-calorie-individual-banana-cinnamon-coffee-protein-cake/p1?new=1

Seriously. I'm in love. But really, even by itself it's super creamy and has a great taste! HIGHLY recommend!

Yikes. With all the ingredients I would have to buy (that I don't normally use) that would be a very expensive recipe.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Discovered this:
    rveq15hcwmx7.jpeg
    uw1erggxtsv0.jpeg

Yikes. With all the ingredients I would have to buy (that I don't normally use) that would be a very expensive recipe.

Yeah... How do those pouches cost by themselves though? And what does it taste like?
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Free Clean Whey bar:

Thank you!
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    No completely new, but here is something savory. I love these veggie fries with a passion, but it looks like my Kroger is no longer carrying them. I was excited to see them at Costco!

veggie-fries.jpg
    Those do sound pretty good.

Kroger had two bags of Green Giant cauliflower tots on clearance for two bucks (there were plenty of non clearance tots, guess those were left outside for a while or something), so I picked one up and will use it in this recipe in a week or two.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Free Clean Whey bar:

Thank you!
    Agreed, thanks @joshperson195 !

I recently subscribed to the freebies subreddit. It's too early for me to have received anything, but there's enough users posting for me to trust it.

• hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Discovered this:
    rveq15hcwmx7.jpeg
    uw1erggxtsv0.jpeg

Yeah... How do those pouches cost by themselves though? And what does it taste like?

I got it at Wegmans for $2.99, and I found them on Amazon and they look like they also average out to be about $2.99 each and you can buy them there in either 6 or 12 counts. This is pricey compared to regular pouches of puree fruit (trust me I was very hesitant buying it at first), but if you go to their website you can print a $1 off coupon on two pouches (probably doesn't work on Amazon though) which brings it to about $1.50 each. Honestly though, I was so impressed I think it's worth it, although it's not something I'd eat each day. Very creamy and tastes like mashed bananas mixed with very high quality arabica coffee. Usually coffee flavored products are either good, flavored with some weird artificial "coffee" flavor, or disappointingly don't taste like coffee at all (I'm looking at you, box of DD mocha pop tarts), but these tasted like exceptional coffee without being too overpowering! Loved every bit of it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Discovered this:
    rveq15hcwmx7.jpeg
    uw1erggxtsv0.jpeg

I got it at Wegmans for $2.99, and I found them on Amazon and they look like they also average out to be about $2.99 each and you can buy them there in either 6 or 12 counts. This is pricey compared to regular pouches of puree fruit (trust me I was very hesitant buying it at first), but if you go to their website you can print a $1 off coupon on two pouches (probably doesn't work on Amazon though) which brings it to about $1.50 each. Honestly though, I was so impressed I think it's worth it, although it's not something I'd eat each day. Very creamy and tastes like mashed bananas mixed with very high quality arabica coffee. Usually coffee flavored products are either good, flavored with some weird artificial "coffee" flavor, or disappointingly don't taste like coffee at all (I'm looking at you, box of DD mocha pop tarts), but these tasted like exceptional coffee without being too overpowering! Loved every bit of it!

Ok thanks. I dislike most things banana-flavored so I guess that's not for me, lol.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Anyone spot the new Hostess Ice Creams in Kroger yet?