New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Keebler-Limited-Batch-Lemon-Cream-Pie-Fudge-Stripes-Cookies.jpg?resize=550%2C485

Coming soon!

Anyone try the new cinnamon roll flavor?

I wanted to, but I bought the peppermint flavor over the holidays, and although I LOVED them, that is still up in the cabinet. :(
    I just can't buy this stuff. It's just me at home, and there is no way I can justify spending $3-4 for just a taste. I mean, really I just wind up having to throw it out. I cannot keep it in the house because I can't fit this crap into my daily calorie budget. Unfortunately I am one of those that has to keep it very very low...yes even with exercise.

My point here is - I AM JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU!!! :p

And damn that lemon cream pie flavor looks awesome! :'(
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    [Found chicken & dumplings at Walmart (took 8 hours on low in slow cooker) and neither I nor anyone else in my family really cared for it. Tastes very heavy on Rosemary we think it is, and the "dumplings" are more like noodles, although the chicken pieces were great!

rlymkxs0n645.jpgim80czl1l5pp.jpg

Ugh. That looks gross. :s In my family we make what is called "chicken and pastry". Once you have THAT, you will never try to buy anything like ^^ again. :p
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Haught2015 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Man there is so many posts about Poptarts and Oreos! Nooooooo! *Quickly thinks of something healthy* Broccoli, um... kale! um... brussel sprouts!

Ahhh there we go...

But seriously, I looked at the nutrition facts for Poptarts and my mouth dropped. Might not seem bad at first, but... the serving size is half of what's in that little foil package. One pastry. Not worth!

Yeah I can't buy either of those anymore... just not worth it for the calories :(

There are some new poptart flavors I'd want to try but, yeah, if I'm gonna eat something that's 200 calories for so little, I'm gonna need more protein in it (just my little quirk).

They used to make these 60 calories pouches of tiny poptarts in the brown sugar and cinnamon and blueberry and strawberry flavors. I miss those!

Special K came out with a thin pastry in pop tart flavors that are only 100 calories for two. They are really good.

Yup! I have one every night actually. They really are! :)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I gave in.

25367_00021000008285.jpg

Um. That's really a lot of calories and not that much of a cheesecake taste for 5 bites.

Try mixing Greek Yogurt with Sugar Free Jello Cheesecake pudding. Works pretty well for a low calorie cheesecake craving, and a good amount of protein!

I've done that and hated it, the sugar free pudding mix just tastes weird to me :/

Found chicken & dumplings at Walmart (took 8 hours on low in slow cooker) and neither I nor anyone else in my family really cared for it. Tastes very heavy on Rosemary we think it is, and the "dumplings" are more like noodles, although the chicken pieces were great!
    Got a free coupon for the Brazi Bites at Wegmans (normally $5.99) and surprisingly everyone in my family loved it! They look strange, but they're delicious and we didn't know they'd be stuffed with cheese! Not sure if it's $5.99 good, but with a coupon something to definitely get again (my mom is usually really picky)!!!

7269nqtjhbe3.jpg
    rlymkxs0n645.jpg
    1evplqnzo675.jpg
    im80czl1l5pp.jpg

Awwww, I'm sorry. :( Maybe the non-sugar free version??

I LOVE those Brazi bites, but can only find them at Whole Foods (which I don't go to very often). They are so good!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Keebler-Limited-Batch-Lemon-Cream-Pie-Fudge-Stripes-Cookies.jpg?resize=550%2C485

Coming soon!

No. I looked yesterday but only saw the holiday flavors and birthday cake
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Coming soon!

I forgot to check but I think only Target has them? I'll check next time I'm there. They were reviewed somewhere and they're delicious, apparently.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/freebies/

Probably should have linked earlier, my fault. There's a link there for a free sample from Twinings Tea I just requested!

I've requested samples for two lip sticks last week.

Thanks for the link. Will subscribe when I get home and am logged into Reddit.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    well-yes-hearty-lentil-vegetables-soup-400x588.png
    Surprisingly filling and tasty for a canned soup, and one can is under 250 calories. I got this for a really good sale price (my Giant had this at 4 for $5 earlier this week), so I might have gone into having this soup with low expectations. I have a few other flavors also (the minestrone with kale and the Italian vegetables with farro soups) and am definitely looking forward to trying them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Not really a new food but a new recipe I found for really good protein bars if anyone wants to use it!
    http://chocolatechillimango.com/2015/04/17/mocha-protein-bars/#.WIj_RpJ6f_S
    I used quest chocolate milkshake protein powder and regular sugar since I didn't own coconut sugar. Came out to 351 calories a bar; 33.4 grams protein, 32.4 grams carbs, and 15.88 grams fat (recipe claims it makes six servings but they must be mini bars because I made 2 1/2 regular bars)
    znlmiw9vh9kj.jpg

.. that's a very expensive to make protein bar. Looks tasty though.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    hadley099 wrote: »
    I just saw this on instagram and it looks to good to be true lol. Has anyone tried "smartchoiceprotein"? healthy??

I posted about them about a week or so ago, it showed up in my newsfeed on Facebook and I really want to try them once I have more money and get through all these Eat Me Guilt Free brownies I ordered!!! Would love to hear reviews if anyone beats me to it though!

I bought the doughs. I can say they aren't bad. They also aren't totally amazing, but considering that they have 7 grams of protein, and I am a BIG peanut butter lover, I love having them in the fridge and just grabbing a spoonful here and there when I want a taste of something sweet. Of course, as is typical, it was 37 degrees when I ordered them and 70 degrees here the day they arrived, so my monster version has nice rainbow swirls of melted M&Ms in it. :smiley:

Well please let us all know if you try anything else from them, they have so much on their website I wouldn't even know where to start!!!

I picked up these Gingerbread cookies from Marshall's the other day for $2.99. Hands down. The best. Cookie. Ever. Not a protein cookie or healthy by any means, but it's a good size and only 100 calories each so it's not too bad! Again, BEST COOKIE EVER. I can't find it on Amazon or eBay though!!! Has anyone else seen them??? I NEED MORE D:

tjx8exawwyle.jpg
    k9yj38qu4p6c.jpg

OMG. I need these in my life.
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    Stopped at Whole Foods and found the S'Mores Halo pint. Then stopped at Target to replenish my Elli Quark (cheese that looks and tastes like Greek yogurt) supply and found they had new flavors - Brownie Batter :heart: Apple Pie and Coconut. I bought several of the Brownie Batters, the other two flavors don't interest me. So, this has been a good morning :smiley:

Let us know how they taste like. I really didn't like the ones I tried and I'm not sure Shop Rite still carries them though.
    Turkey Hill Deep Dark Chocolate topped with Icon Meals dark chocolate sea salt power popcorn. What a combo for a lunch dessert? So good!!!! One of the best chocolate ice creams.
    u2vgm0v579ek.jpg

Hahaha that looks absolutely disgusting.

That part
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    f6bccee1-06d7-4b1c-b479-acc58142c03e_1.49b361346565f6c4873972b72da1c096.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Tastes EXACTLY like eating a jolly rancher. Kinda amazing how they taste exactly the same. My favorite jolly ranchers are the cherry (never liked apple) but these were on sale for .25c a box so I figured I'd give it a try haha. Wish they had cherry.

Mmmmm I want to try the cherry jolly rancher poptarts!!

I love all those flavors, but I realized I was drinking too many and their were making my heart feel funny so I had to stop.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Saw these in Wegmans, not sure if they're new but I've never seen them before
    xqy6fjwfc7lq.jpg
    9njucwp5a39g.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really love Silk's regular or vanilla cashew milk.

25 calories for a tasty cup that goes well with my cookies and cereal.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    pkx0or7bv127.jpg

My father is a carrot cake fanatic so I picked this up. For the price I'd rather get a carrot cake cupcake from a local bakery instead, but it's really good for a store-bought boxed cake and he really enjoyed it. Not overly sweet, but tons of calories! Definitely something more for entertaining guests than to indulge in by yourself though
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Saw these in Wegmans, not sure if they're new but I've never seen them before
    xqy6fjwfc7lq.jpg
    9njucwp5a39g.jpg

That's their tribute to the Blizzard of 1977; they bring it out every 5 years since 1997. LOL It's amazing, as are all the Perry's flavors.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Ben-Jerry%E2%80%99s-Oat-of-this-Swirled-Ice-Cream.jpeg?resize=450%2C450

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    I'm interested in the first two Jolly Rancher Pop Tarts, but they basically came out with the last flavor last year. It was the only new flavor I was disappointed in. Personally, I've never been big into Toaster Strudel.

Dead. This looks so amazing!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    spfldpam wrote: »
    Ok I found something worth mentioning. The same company that makes Vitatop makes mini loaves called EnergyLoaf. I bought two kinds, banana nut bread and cornbread, had the cornbread tonight and it was really good. It has great macros too - 110 calories, 5g of protein, 8g of fiber. Same size as a standard cornbread (which are usually what... 200+ calories?). The only issue obviously is that even at 40% off it was $3 for the box of 4, so it's probably not going to be a repeat purchase unless it's on sale again.

I wondered if they were any good. I used to get the vita tops muffin tops mixes and make them at home when I could find them up in Chicago at the Jewel stores. Now they don't even carry them so I have to order them online and pay for shipping. The muffin top mixes are cheaper than buying the 4 pack frozen ones for like $5 a box. I have wondered about the Vita Pizza's too.

THANK YOU!!! I'll be looking for these this shopping week. Going on my shopping list now!!