New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Oh, I think my ShopRite has that. It looks familiar. They just remodeled and started carrying a bunch of new products (including the pizza crust). It's become an awesome store now.

I'll have to pick it up. I've had a craving for pancakes. Thanks for the tip.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Oh, I think my ShopRite has that. It looks familiar. They just remodeled and started carrying a bunch of new products (including the pizza crust). It's become an awesome store now.

I'll have to pick it up. I've had a craving for pancakes. Thanks for the tip.

Shoprite is where I bought this actually, it was on sale but I can’t remember how much. It wasn’t bad though, and the texture is a lot better than some other gluten free pancakes I’ve tried in my opinion
  • hgycta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I normally like beef more than pork, but the beef barbacoa bowl yesterday tasted just like the pork in this one to me only the cuts of meat in this seem larger (maybe my taste buds are terrible though who knows). However, this bowl has a little spicy kick to it that adds more flavor and for that reason it’s my favorite out of all of them so far (just have the chicken left to try, but chicken is usually my least favorite animal protein source so I’m not expecting it to beat this). When I say spicy kick, it’s not overbearing, I’m a wimp with spice so it’s tolerable at my levels xD
    4dvyo4drz0q2.jpeg
  • jeaninesteam1
    jeaninesteam1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Based on the review posted in here, I tried the Caulipower pizza crust last night.

I just bought the plain crust and used my own toppings.

I was very impressed with it.

I did remember to take the cardboard out :) and the bottom came out crispy and the crust doesn't taste like cauliflower at all. For a gluten free crust, it's also pretty decent. I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that there are 2 crusts in the box.

I should have realized that reading the servings per package, but I'm in a haze of morning brain fog when I'm in the grocery store, I'm afraid

What brand?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Based on the review posted in here, I tried the Caulipower pizza crust last night.

I did remember to take the cardboard out :) and the bottom came out crispy and the crust doesn't taste like cauliflower at all. For a gluten free crust, it's also pretty decent. I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that there are 2 crusts in the box.

I should have realized that reading the servings per package, but I'm in a haze of morning brain fog when I'm in the grocery store, I'm afraid

What brand?

Caulipower.

Caulipower-Pizza-Crust.jpg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I normally like beef more than pork, but the beef barbacoa bowl yesterday tasted just like the pork in this one to me only the cuts of meat in this seem larger (maybe my taste buds are terrible though who knows). However, this bowl has a little spicy kick to it that adds more flavor and for that reason it’s my favorite out of all of them so far (just have the chicken left to try, but chicken is usually my least favorite animal protein source so I’m not expecting it to beat this). When I say spicy kick, it’s not overbearing, I’m a wimp with spice so it’s tolerable at my levels xD
    4dvyo4drz0q2.jpeg

Hmmm I tried this one few days ago and mine did not look like that at all. It was all watery and the meat was almost shredded to bits. It tasted ok, just did not look very appetizing. I wonder why!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had this today and it's very good. Although I think I microwaved it for too long (5 mins) so the cheese on the edges went all hard, but the rest of it was very good. I could definitely taste oaxaca cheese, yum! I liked it much better than the korean style sweet chili chicken and it was way more filling.
    16sl07yzbnj9.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I picked up the grilled chicken and pork carnitas versions too but this one was even better than the veggie one. Just as filling but the meat was exactly what the other one was missing! Excellent 5/5 frozen entree that I’ll get again but (maybe I’m bias since it was my first time having barbacoa) the beef tasted more like pork bbq to me than it did beef. I’m curious how different this one is from the pork... I guess I’ll find out but if anyone else finds these in their Walmart it’s a must try!
    qeqlxurfm2tn.jpeg

how much were these on average? I love a good burrito bowl.

$3.98 (at least at my Walmart).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    61023-butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese.jpg
    I got to try this today for dinner! Awesome portion size. TONS of cheese. A little peppery but I like that. The noodles are a more al dente texture if you microwave it for 5 minutes. I'm super glad I got 2! 510 calories for the whole package.

Man I got to go to TJ.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I don't know how new it is, but I found it at Walmart and almost passed out. My all time favorite HD ice cream is Mayan Chocolate, which they sadly don't make anymore. Jeez, I hope this is good...

large_babff42b-40a3-47ff-b121-1e9aee7e5c66.JPG
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options

If you can’t eat gluten I STRONGLY suggest this pancake mix. You probably already heard of it, I’ve seen people post about it here already but I’m not sure if they specifically talked about the paleo version or not. It’s the first one I’ve tried and the cassava flour makes it incredible! Super delicious stuff, if you there’s a chance you haven’t tried it you need to keep an eye out! I wonder if anyone has used it for any other baking purposes other than pancakes or waffles? I could imagine it making really good donuts!
    wjjfrzxcyvca.jpeg

I love this mix! I usually make waffles with it! I stir in some Lily's chocolate chips and top it with cashew butter!

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    mbp3nqxquso0.jpg

has anyone found these?
  • jeaninesteam1
    jeaninesteam1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

What brand?

Caulipower.

Caulipower-Pizza-Crust.jpg

Thx!
  • hgycta
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    mbp3nqxquso0.jpg

has anyone found these?

I get these every year, they're fantastic - especially warmed up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds! Two years ago I found them in BJ's Wholesale, but I usually find them easier in Target and Shoprite :)
    I don't know how new it is, but I found it at Walmart and almost passed out. My all time favorite HD ice cream is Mayan Chocolate, which they sadly don't make anymore. Jeez, I hope this is good...

I'm bias because I don't like Mexican Hot Chocolate (any kind of chocolate with spice in it is dead to me), but I love regular chocolate and from my experience there has not been one good chocolate flavored yogurt out there. I would be skeptical about this yogurt even if Oikos stuck to a plain chocolate, but if you try it let me know if they were the first ones to pull it off!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    mbp3nqxquso0.jpg

has anyone found these?

I get these every year, they're fantastic - especially warmed up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds! Two years ago I found them in BJ's Wholesale, but I usually find them easier in Target and Shoprite :)

I'm bias because I don't like Mexican Hot Chocolate (any kind of chocolate with spice in it is dead to me), but I love regular chocolate and from my experience there has not been one good chocolate flavored yogurt out there. I would be skeptical about this yogurt even if Oikos stuck to a plain chocolate, but if you try it let me know if they were the first ones to pull it off!

Ditto.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Tried the last burrito bowl and it was better than I was expecting. It has a similar very slight spicy kick of tolerable heat to it similar to the pork carnitas bowl yesterday, but was also a little sweet, too. Overall it had more flavor than the beef barbacoa bowl, but I would choose the beef over this only because I hate chicken. The chicken cubes were small and probably would appeal to those who actually like chicken, but out of them all nothing can trump the pork carnitas. All are very filling for frozen entrees and worth getting!
    Ranking, from most favorite to least favorite: Pork carnitas, beef barbacoa, grilled chicken, veggie (the veggie was good, but was lacking something and that something was meat. I'm surprised they didn't attempt a shrimp version for vegetarians or a tofu version for vegans).

m4wdxzz15sf7.jpeg

Also, a little over a year back I received free samples from Andrea's Protein Cakery but since it was before anything was finalized she told those she sent samples to they weren't allowed to post anywhere about it. Well, she finally gave us permission and plans on releasing finalized versions Black Friday (with a really nice 50% off discount)!
    She sent sugar-free frosting mix, cake mix, and a marshmallow protein treat. None of these have pea protein in them (she was inspired to make these after finding out how many people didn't like her current mixes because of the pea protein). The cake mix was delicious from what I remember, but it was a little hard to discern how much I liked it because the frosting was so overpowering. It was VERY sweet and quite honestly I adored the frosting! However, the frosting was super heavy in erythritol and had a bit of the mouth cooling effect you'd expect from this sugar alcohol. Any more of it and my stomach would probably have been upset, but I liked how it didn't have any other weird bitter/artificial flavor to it like the sugar free frosting recipes on Lil Buff Bakery's website calling for sugar free pudding mix. Also, the marshmallow protein treat was pretty solid and I'd buy it again. Not as sweet as a regular rice krispy, but sweeter than Enlightened's marshmallow treats and also a lot more macro friendly! We all provided feedback so the recipes are probably slightly different now, but the calories were: 180-190 for the marshmallow treat, 40 calories for one frosted cupcake, and 100 calories for 2 cupcakes. It was all very easy to make, I believe I only added milk or water to the frosting mix and only added applesauce to the cake mix!
    It looks like she's releasing a bunch of different flavors of the cake and frosting mixes on her website that I did not try in addition to a cookie mix. I don't see anything about the marshmallow treats, but she's trying to make some of the release a surprise so I'm not entirely sure what's going to be on the website just yet. I got on the email list to be notified once the sale starts and I plan on ordering a sample pack of everything to try again! She's having daily giveaways on her Facebook for them!

p43i1j49mq0o.jpeg
    6yeusbqunrvk.jpeg

I also want to point out that before these forums I hardly ever ate ice cream and now I go through it at a rate of one pint a night and just made the big transition to my first chest freezer. Best Buy has a really nice early Black Friday sale on them if anyone is in the situation I was of trying desperately to squeeze groceries around the ice creams XD Still looking for Halo Top's gingerbread, it's so hard to find!!! Not even my Wegman's has it yet!

fitw119512uz.jpeg
    7kob22uxciu8.jpeg

I desperately want your HT collection.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The new birthday cake quest bar is phenomenal!!!! Someone here said they didn’t like it but it’s way better than the birthday cake FitJoy Bar! Quest nailed it as far as I’m concerned, and only 180 calories

I finally got my hands on a birthday cake flavor Quest Bar and agree completely. It is fantastic! The best of their bars IMHO. Yum Yum Yum!

I have a protein bar for breakfast almost every morning during the workweek and have been sampling different flavors and brands lately. I think I am in the minority who prefer Quest over One bars (they are OK but their flavor is a bit subdued to me). I also really liked the Syntha-6 protein crisp...

gbbmrdrgftjm.jpg

It's at 230 cal. with 20g of protein and 23g of carbs.