Weird foods/combinations you eat

JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
edited November 2017 in Food and Nutrition
It occured to me this might be fun to find out the "weird" things others eat.

For example, I eat frozen fruit. Tons of it. Just bowls of mixed frozen fruit lol. Frozen mango if its the right type is like delicious soft creamy fudge. Seriously. Discovered this when i had all this fruit for smoothies i never even used because i prefer to chew my food, And it was always way to soggy when thawed.

I also like cheerios and syrup. -shrugs- no explanation for that one its just delicious lol.

And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol

What "weird" foods/combinations have you found? Maybe We can learn some new tricks lol.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I crave salt really strongly sometimes (I think it might be related to my low blood pressure and high activity level), so sometimes I'll eat just a big bowl of sauerkraut with hot sauce on it.

I also like peanut butter and sriracha sandwiches.
  • JaydedMiss
    I crave salt really strongly sometimes (I think it might be related to my low blood pressure and high activity level), so sometimes I'll eat just a big bowl of sauerkraut with hot sauce on it.

i actually love sauerkraut with mustard and pepper....its gross hah. Peanutbutter and siracha O_O Oh my curiousity
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

i actually love sauerkraut with mustard and pepper....its gross hah. Peanutbutter and siracha O_O Oh my curiousity

>:) Try it!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,196 Member
    I have an uncle that used to eat peanut butter and honey off of a paper plate with a butter knife. LOL

Once or twice a year I hit up a local burger joint for their 'Peanut Butter Bacon Burger'. It's amazing. Heh

And I've gotten a few side-eyes for my Baked Sweet Potato with Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, and a tiny sprinkling of Cinnamon.
  • JaydedMiss
    I have an uncle that used to eat peanut butter and honey off of a paper plate with a butter knife. LOL

Once or twice a year I hit up a local burger joint for their 'Peanut Butter Bacon Burger'. It's amazing. Heh

And I've gotten a few side-eyes for my Baked Sweet Potato with Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese, and a tiny sprinkling of Cinnamon.

Do the burgers also have ketchup and mustard? Surprisingly a big glob of peanutbutter goes amazing with just a plain burger with normal toppings. Makes it almost smokey and creamy. Doesnt even taste like peanutbutter. Was stupidly good hah.
  • Wynterbourne
    edited November 2017

Do the burgers also have ketchup and mustard? Surprisingly a big glob of peanutbutter goes amazing with just a plain burger with normal toppings. Makes it almost smokey and creamy. Doesnt even taste like peanutbutter. Was stupidly good hah.

Just doubled checked the website. I forgot the pickle. Hehe. “Bacon, PB Sauce, Smokey House Sauce, Mayo, Grilled Onion, & Pickle”

The Smokey House Sauce is kinda BBQ-esque.
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    My aunt told me the other day she made garlc bread but didnt have butter so made it using cesar dressing. Sounded super weird but strangely delicious lol. Iv used stuff like salad dressing or cream cheese vs mayo in a sandwich so i guess same sort of deal
  • JaydedMiss

Just doubled checked the website. I forgot the pickle. Hehe. “Bacon, PB Sauce, Smokey House Sauce, Mayo, Grilled Onion, & Pickle”

The Smokey House Sauce is kinda BBQ-esque.

Sounds like im now going to crave peanutbutter all day hah
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Radishes dipped in vanilla iced cream. Sounds funky, but it's awesome.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    nilla wafers w/sharp cheddar cheese and pineapple rings w/mayo and sharp cheddar cheese haha
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    I love goose fat fried potatoes smothered in home made green chili.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Sometimes I get really intense vinegar cravings at my TOM (it runs in my family) and I will straight up drink some Apple cider vinegar. My husband gets so grossed out when I do this but it tastes so good to me! Pretty much the only time I ever eat salad is when I need a catalyst for vinegar.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.
    All started from our annual PB&P days in art class created by my crazy art teacher. Tried it once and never gave it up. :D
  • Wynterbourne
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.
    All started from our annual PB&P days in art class created by my crazy art teacher. Tried it once and never gave it up. :D

My dad occasionally eats dill pickle, peanut butter, and onion on rye bread.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

I eat pb and maple syrup with a knife pretty often, but not from paper. I use a saucer or bowl.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    fresh mangoes in lemon juice, tabasco sauce and a bit of salt...sounds gross, but it's soooo good!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    My aunt told me the other day she made garlc bread but didnt have butter so made it using cesar dressing. Sounded super weird but strangely delicious lol. Iv used stuff like salad dressing or cream cheese vs mayo in a sandwich so i guess same sort of deal
    I like dipping biscuits in my coleslaw. so good <3
    And sweet potato fries with chocolate chips/peanutbutter and some cinnamon sugar. That one weirds people out lol
    This sounds so yummy, I'm going to try it. Do you melt the chocolate?