Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @CariTJR Holy crap! You've been through so much! I'm so sorry. Glad you're diving in here again, after all you've been through.

@Liane8 I have a friend who swears by hot yoga. She even feels it's helping her stay sober. Sounds like some powerful stuff.

I had a great revelation today... spaghetti squash! I made it with pesto today and saved almost 500 calories over my old gemelli pasta recipe. The kids even liked it! It's on sale this week, so I'm going to stock up (obviously not too much... it is perishable!).

It was windy and cold, but I went out to run. I ran slowly, but my trainer friend said that was to be expected with the cold, and the important thing is to go out and run.

I've been a little blue today, with the end of our traveling holiday. But it's great to see my mom again, and to get back to healthy eating. Don't get me wrong, I loved being cooked for and fussed over, but it's so far from how I eat at home, and such a struggle to maintain my calorie goals.
  • karrisbrewer
    karrisbrewer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me plz!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @SusanDSME I love spaghetti squash too, yum!

@CariTJR Oh my gosh, you really have had an awful year! Are you recovering okay??? I've missed you around here!

@Liane8 Find anything fun during your black Friday shopping?

@gymprincess1234 There are quite a few fields that do require a lot of networking locally to obtain clients or promotions. This time of year is rough to cancel on because most of the social commitments are volunteering opportunities that I'm already committed to so it would not reflect well to bow out last minute. What field do you plan on working in after you graduate?

Belly dancing class last night was exactly what I needed. It's a holiday stress themed class, and the theme of the week was "irritation". It was hilarious to interpretive dance out my frustration with a friend! I also grocery shopped so I now have plenty of healthy options at home (thank goodness!). I'm on a roll with different turkey leftover recipes. Turkey fajitas and turkey wraps are on the menu this week. If I have any left it will be soup for next week :)

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I have quite the entrepreneur personality and was raised with the idea that working for someone else is just a temporary thing till I can start my own business. I have some ideas for that, obviously will have to work for someone else till I get the capital, and currently marketing interests me. I don't know. I play it by ear, currently I still have good 7months of travel lifestyle, will see where I even settle.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @SusanDSME, thank you for the encouragement, I'll be back full time soon enough, just need that little bit of extra time.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @Rachel0778, Hey Lady, how are you?
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Geez, what is this, Twitter? Every time I type more than about 10 words on my phone it cuts the message off!
    I'm OK thanks Rachel, getting there slowly. Walking is getting much easier, and I'm finally able to sleep in my bed again after months in a reclining chair. Each week I see a bit of an improvement. I'm hoping by New Year I might even be able to go for a teeny tiny test run and see how it goes. We'll see what my physio says.... Fingers crossed!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    CariTJR,WOW, so sorry you went through so much!! Hope nothing more happens & you recover fully & have great success
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! I am happy that I didn't gain over Thanksgiving, but I think I have officially plateaued. I have been hovering around 165 lbs for almost a month now. I switched up my workouts, since I have been doing C25K. I still do kickboxing/resistance band stuff with that, and I work out 4-5 times per week. My food has stayed pretty consistent, but I really like the foods that I eat, and I like knowing that it all fits my numbers. Maybe I should change it up, though? Who knows.

I hope you all have a happy Wednesday!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @rachelcalsbeek It sounds like you may have found a good maintenance spot! How much more were you planning on losing?

@CariTJR I am crossing fingers for you on the running, I know how much you love it! And I've been doing well. We bought a house and with all the move stress I've put back on about 7lbs which is frustrating but I'm working to get them off and get back to maintenance. The never ending battle ;)

@gymprincess1234 That sounds exciting! With owning a small business, you'll learn soon enough about all the business generating professional networking fun I'm currently inundated with :)

Happy Wednesday! I got up at 5:15am this morning to do a quick crossfit class before work since I've got a 5 hour volunteering shift after work. Ugh. I keep reminding my SO how much I love him for taking on all these additional events so he can reach his year end hours goal. But at least my exercise is done for the day so I can feel good about that. Last night instead of going out for coffee I talked a friend into taking a dog walk with me and Chance. It was great to do two birds with one stone! I wish I could say I relaxed after that, but I had to finish up laundry and dishes from the weekend and put together our end tables that came in the afternoon. I know I'm supposed to love homeownership, but frankly it blows. Endless amounts of extra chores, cleaning, and projects that I otherwise didn't have. My SO and the dog are thrilled though and I know it's a good financial decision, but I miss having a landlord.
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I was planning to lose 10-15 lbs more to get me in the "healthy" weight range. I think I may start a heavy lifting program, but I'm still looking into stuff. I've been maintaining my deficit with eating (minus a couple of days where I ate at maintenance). Idk, I think I need to make a change.

Home ownership is overwhelming at first. It'll get better! We have been in our house for a year now, and although I still have lots of decorating I want to do, the other stuff gets easier and there will be a routine. Hang in there!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 oh, I thought you're an employee, that's why I asked why you do so much extra work. Makes more sense now.

Hello!
    Ugh, hate how busy my gym is, literally no space to have a spare m2 to do any body weight exercises, so I mostly end up doing cardio machines, which is fine by me. 3 weeks to go till a new gym, daily routine and everything else. Looking forward to starting swimming from Jan.
    Measured myself today, no changes, so I suppose I still have 7kg to lose. Exams, changing continents and looking for a placement have taken the focus away from fat loss, however I'm very happy with being back to intuitive eating, regular gym going and not tracking! Haven't opened the app in 1,5weeks, yay!
  • SusanDSME
    Options
    I ran farther than ever today! My trainer/friend told me to run 2.25 mi, walk a while, then run another .25. When I hit 2.25 I really didn't want to stop, so I only walked .05 mi before finishing up my last .25. I was slow- which I think may have to do with running on loose/soft gravel, but I still felt good at the end! Tomorrow I'm going to try to run the whole 2.5 without walking. It'll be a lot colder tomorrow, which won't help, but I'm psyched!

The only thing really bringing me down is crazy chocolate cravings. I think it might be PMS. Anyway, it stinks.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I am an employee; there are many career paths that require additional networking to achieve career goals. The reason I know about small business stuff is my Dad ran one and I saw how much extra networking he had to do as well :)

@SusanDSME Way to go! Let us know how the run went!

@rachelcalsbeek Thank you for letting me know it gets better :) Right now it just feels overwhelming and exhausting! I highly recommend lifting heavy, it's helping me with my body composition.

So after Crossfit yesterday and a 5 hour outdoor volunteering shift my body is exhausted! And mentally I am completely drained. Today is rough and it's only 10am :( Thankfully today my only after work obligation is walking shelter dogs for an hour or two. I am going to try to get some re-arranging and cleaning done after work since a work friend is coming over after the Diversity Dinner on Friday so it won't be a restful evening but at least it will be by myself so I'll have introverted time. On the bright side, I've been running around so much I've barely had time to eat, trying to see the positives?

• gymprincess1234
    Options
    Heyy!

I'm so excited it's December tomorrow! So looking forward to seeing my fam and friends and my country, plus going on a day trip to Italy to check out their Christmas markets :) A lot of good plans and exciting trips in the next 6 months planned, live is looking better! Plus a lot of hiking, swimming, will have a sauna again and a very flexible timetable. I find when everything else is going smooth, I can focus a lot more on my fitness and weight loss, so looking very optimistic!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Happy Friday!!!! I'm officially proud of myself, I got up again at 5:15am to go to Crossfit before work today, knowing that I have the Diversity dinner event tonight. I am feeling loads better after getting back into my healthy habits this week. I'm also kind of glad we're not staying the week at my SO's Grandma's house for the holiday. Every year there is just food everywhere and I end up feeling like garbage no matter how hard I try. Plus it is A LOT of sitting and visiting, which are my two least favorite things as an active extrovert. I can't wait for the weekend, it's going to be so glorious having some time to myself!

@gymprincess1234 I'm glad you get to see your family soon for the holidays!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    yddba5kyc467.jpg
  • SusanDSME
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - I can totally relate to your feelings about staying with your SO's family. We just got back from ten days with my husband's family, which was basically a competitive eating event. I ran as much as I could, but I still gained back a half a pound. It's gone now, though!

Yesterday, I was supposed to run 2.5 miles and accidentally ran 2.75! Today I was supposed to repeat the 2.75, and accidentally ran my own 5k! It felt great! So now I can work on improving my pace. My first race isn't supposed to be until Mother's Day, so I have some time.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options
    We've been in our house for 39 years!! I can hardly believe it. of course there's been improvements along the way.
    Some major. Someone enclosed the front porch before we bought it. It had a doorway to enter living room so husband took the wall out to make it one large room which is nice. Another is he took the back off the built in between the living room & kitchen when the kids were growing up so I can see what they're doing from the kitchen then he put it back once they were grown...we were an open concept family way before it was popular lol
    I've not been working out at all last week...was sick but painted the living room while husband was having heart proceedure & not eating too well either but I feel much better so back to the gym tomorrow
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning!

Did 4h walking,1h hike and 1,5h at the gym yesterday, so sore today! The best pain!
    And very happy, scored an internship in UK, so have a plan for my life which includes gym plan till July! Yey!

Will take a break from gym today, do life admin and get back tomorrow. 4 days is still good! :)