What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Nobody told me what it can do to the rest of my life.
    When I started this journey about 5 years ago I was not in a good place;
    I was in a job i liked in many ways and was not happy with in many others. On top of that 5 years ago my work was going through a restructuring phase and many well loved co-workers lost their jobs. I know I was safe as my charge-ability was well above average, but still it shook me to my cor. i felt very much out of control of my life/career and unhappy with the situation. this showed in my weight and meant a downward spiral.

I decided that what was happening to me required me to take charge of the one thing I could control and that was me. The first year went reasonably well Just taking a little more care, starting to walk to work, it did the trick for a little while.
    Just under 4 years ago I started logging on MFP. I had noticed before that logging always had helped me, but had never been able to find an easy way. I decided on a 3 month no added sugar break. Just to rid myself of some bad habits of over indulging and the’h it is only 1 (or 4) cookie.
    I increased my walking and went on my journey.

It brought me what I wanted; weightless and with it self-confidence that there was something I was in control of and that started to spill over in other parts of me. I allowed myself to consider that what was happening at work had been earth shattering for me and that the result of the restructuring was simply a very bad fit for me. I needed something else., but what.
    Let year with the help of external work related contacts and talking with them I found the confidence to start a 6 month post grad course (at 48!) OMG did I love that course the subject had a vague relationship to my job but really in showed me that I was capable of more than I could show at work and that I craved new things and learning. At the time I was not only studying I also held my job, though reduced to 4 days a week. It was a very hard course (involved a lot of advanced physics) and with my over the top workload and an under staffed department I have had my I need to cry moments.
    Six months later I graduated and I felt exhilarated. Not only had I achieved a new diploma, but in the process I still had maintained my logging and lost a few kgs to boot.
    While I was still waiting for my results I saw a job that just too perfect for words and a major step up in my career. Just one problem; I only met about half of the requirements.
    My newfound confidence made that instead of saying “I don’t qualify”, send in y application strongly focussing in my letter on what I could offer and I felt they needed. Much to my amazement I was invited to an interview.
    Yesterday I had my going away party for the ill fitting job. On december 1st I am starting that incredible job.

This summer I met my maintenance goal and I know that taking control of me, finding MFP as a tool, the support that I found here, plus my sports and lots and lots of walking has helped me to get there.My first step was finding my confidence back and that is what the weightless did.

So what nobody tells you really is that the weightless journey is part of a bigger journey and if you are willing to open up to that journey more amazing things can happen.

Wow! What an incredible and inspiring story. Thanks for sharing and congratulations,
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    I think my face is going to look older once it deflates more- I'm 60 and had decent skin and few wrinkles- now I'm seriously starting to see lots of them-bummer- but at least I'll have good cheekbones! And yes, I already use really good skin care products so I guess I'll get what I get!

Haha same here! Now I have circles under my eyes, before I suppose there were fat cushions! Thank god for concealers :D But I'm very happy my eyelids god 'skinny', so my eyes look bigger !
  • LisaBFit2day
    LisaBFit2day Posts: 39 Member
    I think my face is going to look older once it deflates more- I'm 60 and had decent skin and few wrinkles- now I'm seriously starting to see lots of them-bummer- but at least I'll have good cheekbones! And yes, I already use really good skin care products so I guess I'll get what I get!

When I was thinner, I def had more wrinkles. If I get that thin again, I'm going to treat myself to facial fillers/botox whatever!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!