I know I'm going to heaven

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    imanibelle wrote: »
    Has anyone ever said that to you? Did you agree?

Many people have said that to me. I neither agreed or disagreed as they weren't asking for my agreement and I have no idea what they do or do not know.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Gheeze where are the anonymous flaggers when you need them.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    nope, for sure going to hell. I am a naughty *kitten*.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    imanibelle wrote: »
    Has anyone ever said that to you? Did you agree?

No one has said that to me.
    I wouldn't argue with someone over their beliefs but I don't believe in an eternal soul, god, heaven or hell. I think we just live and die and there is no more.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Wait, so your belief system is CYA?

No my beliefs are based on my faith. Believing in something you can't see, AND THAT IS NOT COVERING YOUR *kitten*! When it comes right down to it, it's all a mystery and we will not know anything until we actually witness it. Why? Because that's the way it's suppose to be. My faith will see me through it, because everything in life is based on faith, even if you believe in nothing at all.
  • DYLPICKEL
    DYLPICKEL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DYLPICKEL wrote: »
    JESUS IS LORD

Jesus never actually said that he was Lord.

His disciples believed that, however.

There's a lot of wonderful things about Christianity. I was raised Christian.

But, that is not the only good way to live in my opinion.
    JESUS IS LORD

Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Its biblical and this is how we know we get to go to heaven. : )
  • DYLPICKEL
    Options
    JESUS IS LORD

JESUS IS LORD

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

That's Paul.

He wrote the book of Romans yes. : )
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Corprina wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Wait, so your belief system is CYA?

No my beliefs are based on my faith. Believing in something you can't see, AND THAT IS NOT COVERING YOUR *kitten*! When it comes right down to it, it's all a mystery and we will not know anything until we actually witness it. Why? Because that's the way it's suppose to be. My faith will see me through it, because everything in life is based on faith, even if you believe in nothing at all.

That's a very different statement than the quote you posted. I don't ridicule or look down on anyone who has a true faith, or for a lack of faith. It's immaterial to me. However, the whole 'I'll believe just in case and that will be good enough to carry me through the Pearly Gates' mentality many people seem to have does irritate me. Lukewarm.
  • DYLPICKEL
    Options
    JESUS IS LORD

JESUS IS LORD

That's Paul.

He wrote the book of Romans yes. : )

Yes, but that is Paul's voice as well.

That isn't Jesus saying that he is Lord.

Paul is saying that Jesus is Lord.

I understand it's felt that Paul is supposed to be in a good position to speak for Jesus in this letter, however it does not contradict my point that Jesus did not claim to be Lord.

Agreed, I wasnt trying to contradict your point that Jesus never claimed it. Only pointing out why I say it. : )
  • DYLPICKEL
    Options
    Does this thread fit in here?

"15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion."

Perhaps. I think everybody is making comments in good spirit or mostly good spirit :D

Everybody likes the idea of paradise.

Probably wants to know what it is and how to arrive there one day...people have different ideas about that means.

Religious/non-religious alike.

I would enjoy participating in a philosophy/religious group to discuss such topics if one exists. I was a philosophy major and find religion/theology/philosophy of mind/ethics...fascinating. Also, quite relevant to how you live, how you think about life...I feel like that affects your physical health as well.

Your mood...energy levels. How you deal with bad events in your life. I consider it important, however I'm not religious myself...or at least that's not how I would describe myself.

I am only participating in a posted thread. I didnt post it. I am happy to know there are groups I can join though. : )
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    Gheeze where are the anonymous flaggers when you need them.

Ahh 2 flags for this. Nice. B)
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    is this thread where people get mad when you say xmas instead of christmas

You actually say X-mas?
    While we're on that subject why do people who are not Christians celebrate Christmas? A celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?
This discussion has been closed.