Found it on the internet.
  • ketofire51
    ketofire51 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The keto info in this book is flawed.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure why this thread is created.. are you using it to convince more people that keto is the way to success?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure why this thread is created.. are you using it to convince more people that keto is the way to success?

Opposite, apparently. But he's using something written by someone that doesn't quite know what they're talking about, so used ad hominem attacks to try to say how bad keto is.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Oh.. Lol I have my own feelings on keto but I guess I'm not really allowed to express them since my last comment was edited.

But whatever I guess people can do whatever they want.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Just food for thought folks.

Believe in whatever god you want.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    manleyr14 wrote: »
    The keto info in this book is flawed.

Really?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It really did not make a lot of sense to me either. Try The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living for a really good keto and low carb book.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of super restrictive types of keto, but the posters saying that the information regarding keto in this book is flawed are correct.

If one wants to take a stance against keto, especially from the world of bodybuilding, have at it. But base it in reality.

This guy didn't seem to check his ego at the door and seemed far more interested in putting down Lyle McDonald then saying anything substantive.

Editing to add that keto can be used in bodybuilding if carbs are added in properly timed intervals around training schedules.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Keto is unnecessary unless you have health issues related to carbs, undisciplined with carbs, you have a photo shoot, job or whatever that requires you to lose weight fast in a short amount of time or if you simply just enjoy that type of diet. If you do keto simply because you think it's superior to any other diet... you are wrong, no diet is king...the only thing that matters in the end is that you eat less calories than you burn to lose weight unless you have a medical issue that makes losing fat harder than the rest of the population. In that case, you listen to your doctor's advice.

It's too bad the guy writing the book didn't say anything like this.

Some day for kicks and giggles, I'll have to take a gander at some of the other sections to see if they're as off as the keto section is.
  • russelljam08
    russelljam08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    It really did not make a lot of sense to me either. Try The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living for a really good keto and low carb book.

LOL the book written by Atkins Foundation funded "scientists" LOL ok. The delusion is real. Jimmy Moore was looking "slim" in his latest pics lol
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Moore was looking "slim" in his latest pics lol

Jimmy Moore has never been the face of Atkins except perhaps in his wettest dreams. Eating any and every "low carb" junk food that ever made it to the consumer market is not "doing Atkins". Plus, he's a charlatan who pads his own reviews/website comments by taking editorial rights with them.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL the book written by Atkins Foundation funded "scientists" LOL ok. The delusion is real. Jimmy Moore was looking "slim" in his latest pics lol

You seem to be very anti-keto. Perhaps consider skipping these threads?

Phinney and Volek are prolific researchers in the low carb and ketogenic diets. To me it sort of makes sense that they added their knowledge to the last rewrite of the Atkins book. Who would you have preferred? Ornish?
  • russelljam08
    Options

You seem to be very anti-keto. Perhaps consider skipping these threads?

Phinney and Volek are prolific researchers in the low carb and ketogenic diets. To me it sort of makes sense that they added their knowledge to the last rewrite of the Atkins book. Who would you have preferred? Ornish?
    Don't tell me what to do. Volek was DESTROYED by Alan Aragon in a debate a few years ago and was left DUMBFOUNDED. One of Volek's underlings got fired from the University of Tampa for FALSIFYING data. Take the blinders off
  • russelljam08
    Options
    Jimmy Moore was looking "slim" in his latest pics lol

Jimmy Moore has never been the face of Atkins except perhaps in his wettest dreams. Eating any and every "low carb" junk food that ever made it to the consumer market is not "doing Atkins". Plus, he's a charlatan who pads his own reviews/website comments by taking editorial rights with them.

Jimmy Moore is the "gut" of keto..lol
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    Keto is unnecessary unless you have health issues related to carbs, undisciplined with carbs, you have a photo shoot, job or whatever that requires you to lose weight fast in a short amount of time or if you simply just enjoy that type of diet. If you do keto simply because you think it's superior to any other diet... you are wrong, no diet is king...the only thing that matters in the end is that you eat less calories than you burn to lose weight unless you have a medical issue that makes losing fat harder than the rest of the population. In that case, you listen to your doctor's advice.

It's too bad the guy writing the book didn't say anything like this.

Some day for kicks and giggles, I'll have to take a gander at some of the other sections to see if they're as off as the keto section is.

Honestly, I noticed people fall in love too much with their diet that science goes out the window. Nutrition is so easy...the problem is us as human beings, we like to make things more difficult for absolutely no reason other than emotions.

QFT.