40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,944 Member
    Options
    Djproulx...since my tumor, I have put on weight so easily. :( 2018 has to be the year I shave all the FAT back off.

I fasted today. Lifting tomorrow. Will weigh 1 x per week and take measurements 2 x per month.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • allenwalker170
    allenwalker170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I'm new to this thread, but not to MFP, either. I'm 53, and hoping to lose 50lbs in 6 months. I work from home, and sit at a desk most all day. I try to exercise 5 to 6 days per week. I alternate HIIT training at the gym, and run 5Ks every other day. So far, I've lost 5 lbs, but still have a ways to go. I need some folks to help keep me accountable, as I tend to slack off from time to time (I've not exercised in 4 days now). Hope to find some exercise and running buddies out there.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Mike. I'be been aroind MFP for a long time but never posted in this thread. Of course I just turned 40 this year so that may explain that.

One thing is for sure, things don't work like they did when I was 20.

Edit: just looked and Wow, I've been on MFP for almost 7 years.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Im new to the 40+ club. Turned 40 on thanksgiving. I appreciate you all celebrating me that day. Im 6ft3 194lbs now and pretty lean. Overall i would say im in better shape than most 30 year olds easy. Ive always liked to workout and be strong but only in the last year and a half have i learned how to use my diet to achieve the fitness level i have been chasing my whole life. I work out heavy ( my interpretation of heavy) 4 to 5 days a week. Im on a 1610 calorie a day with 160g protein diet. I usyally cheat on weekends as long as i dont feel squishy in the middle.
  • dualvans
    dualvans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey all, such a great group! Not new to MFP, but fell off the scene and wagon completely and gained 10 additional unwanted pounds on top of my existing pounds I needed to lose. Just turned 41 2 weeks ago, mom of 2 small kids. My new goal is to lose 55 pounds but it felt so overwhelming to see that big number. I’ve now decided to break it down into five 10 pound weight loss journey.

I need lots of accountability and serious logging in my FPM. Also looking for buddies who’s also on 1,200 calories a day
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hello to the new posters here!

And gamerguy still working out!

I lifted, today. Keeping caps less than 1400 per day. On track. BOOM!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm not able to figure out how to log many of the odd food s I'm eating while in Africa. I don't even know what some of ut is. Plus the spotty internet connections make it hard. based on clothes fit and feeling I'm doing ok. Back home this weekend. Then back to tracking.
  • evilokc
    Options
    hit shoulders today. seated barbell press 5x5, seated dumbbell press 5x5, one arm lateral raise 5x5, front raises with curl bar 5x5, shrugs 5x5. felt good. hope everyone had a good day.
  • allenpriest
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hey kids, hope everyone is well. I took a long walk today and it's really nice outside. I am feeling much better than I was a few days ago. Thanks again for the encouragement. It is appreciated. Have a great day.
    This too shall pass.
    Hang in there.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • allenwalker170
    allenwalker170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    did my HIIT yesterday. time for a quick 5K!
  • evilokc
    Options
    did triceps today.
    -cable push downs ranteh stack up and then back down
    -over head curl bar extensions 5x5
    -incline skull crushers 5x5
    -close grip bench press 5x5
    -dips 5x5
    - reverse grip cable pull down 5x5

i have been hitting triceps hard for a few months now. im really seeing the improvement.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    allenpriest, I usually log pre-noon calories only when travelling....and then try to make sure lunch/supper portions are as small as I can make them and mostly proteins and veggies.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Front squats last night 3 sets of 5 at 38kg. Thought I was going to die. But I didn't.

I have had a cold or recovering or another cold or recovering since Halloween. I'm pretty weak, but I have a meet mid January and I'm going no matter what. In my division, which I like to call the "Are you still breathing? Great! Come to Nationals!" division, it's just not very competitive. lol
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 done.

5k @ 7.0 mph done.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    Front squats last night 3 sets of 5 at 38kg. Thought I was going to die. But I didn't.

I have had a cold or recovering or another cold or recovering since Halloween. I'm pretty weak, but I have a meet mid January and I'm going no matter what. In my division, which I like to call the "Are you still breathing? Great! Come to Nationals!" division, it's just not very competitive. lol

Are you able to do a front squat with a regular bar? My wrists don't bend back that far, so I use a fat bar and cradle it against my chest. As much fun as a loaded squat can be. HAHA!

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »

Are you able to do a front squat with a regular bar? My wrists don't bend back that far, so I use a fat bar and cradle it against my chest. As much fun as a loaded squat can be. HAHA!

Yes, I can. My only real mobility problem is the overhead squat, and really the problem there is between my ears lol. I squat *kitten* to grass too, I’m oddly proud of that, this almost 60 year old can do what many of the 20 somethings cannot. TeamOldFarts!
  • allenpriest
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    allenpriest, I usually log pre-noon calories only when travelling....and then try to make sure lunch/supper portions are as small as I can make them and mostly proteins and veggies.

Our daughter has been taking us to many local places to eat including friends houses. About half the time I am not quite sure what we are being served and I can't tell about portion size very well.

Heading back to the states today. 23 hour flight time and 9 time zone changes in three flight legs.

Ugh