Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
edited December 2017 in Success Stories
Decluttering and throwing away or giving away the multitudes of "stuff" I have or have had for years (without using) is really helping me so much in this weight loss mind-set. What I'm doing is, ANYTHING I have, that I haven't used in 2 years or more...OUT IT GOES. Now this isn't as easy as it sounds, but as I'm downsizing my body, I'm finding tossing (or giving away) stuff that I may have an abundance of (like candles, perfumes/beauty & hair care products, books and just plain STUFF) is soooooo freeing! A lot of "STUFF" I'm getting rid of is stuff that I thought I could sell and could sell, but that is a TRAP (for me) to getting even more stuff and selling stuff is a bother/troublesome to me. I find that giving away "STUFF" instead of selling it is helping me "snap out of buying more STUFF" and helps me to not bring/buy any more STUFF (which helps me save money and time) and just use and be content with what I already have--I LOVE THAT.

I think collecting/buying more and more or having a lot of STUFF has a direct correlation with being overweight or obese. Just as it takes time and practice to walk in self-control and portion control in my eating, getting rid of stuff and decluttering in general was HARD for me at first, but gets easier and easier as I practice it. Living more simply and more minimalist is immediately rewarding, because my atmosphere become more beautiful and simple and that helps me mentally/spiritually and cleaning is exercise for me as well--it's now becoming FUN and COOL to neater and more organized! I'm NOT talking about anything weird like going overboard in cleaning and decluttering, just changing my lifestyle of having excess in my home AND on/in my body (fat).

<3o:)<3

Also, de-cluttering my life of toxic people and places (places that encourages/"triggers" me to over indulge in STUFF) is also a LOT like decluttering/simplifying my life of excess and "messy" stuff (junk and even really nice things, but things that I haven't and probably will never use and is just sitting around collecting the dreaded DUST). Cutting off and/or minimizing contact with yucky people who, like clutter...maybe nice and seemingly important to me, but are hindering me in various ways is also soooo freeing. Again, like getting rid of formerly important things, but things that are keeping my life and home filled with "mess/messiness/unnecessary problems and stress", ridding myself of people who are just not good for me to associate with is and can be REALLY difficult--but it's so doable and can and is being done, period. How? as I face the truth AND forsake any and ALL fears of loss of a relationship(s), hurt feelings, etc. I've discovered that like most fears, it isn't nearly as "scary" as I also believed. Also, ridding myself of these folks using REAL love/gentleness/kindness/forgiveness and with total FEARLESSNESS and with a I MEAN BUSINESS attitude is soooo much easier than I thought it would be. Getting rid of (or minimizing contact with ) toxic and troublesome people out of my life is TRULY so very freeing too.

If you have any Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories to share, I think it will/may help encourage and inspire so many people here. Pls. do share!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Hmm, you might be on to something. About a year ago, I did exactly this. I decluttered so much. I have lost 50 pounds since then.

W <3 W! How encouraging your post is--50lbs is an absolutely TREMENDOUS accomplishment--BOOM!
    Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post...you ROCK, period.

• go10More
    go10More Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the great ideas! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!